alcohol

avemaria

here's a tip for survey companies.. if the survey is about alcohol, make that the first question.. don't make me go through the lineup of qualifiers and slide the word 'beer' in there somewhere at the end... or better yet, i wrote that i don't drink alcohol, so don't send me alcohol surveys at all.. i assume when i get these that you've matched me to surveys that go with my profile that states i don't drink.. so i go through the qualifiers just to get dq'd because i didn't check 'beer' on the list of things i buy...

o believe me i used to work serving alcohol so i could probably do those surveys better than most.. i just want surveys that apply to me now.. and i don't drink right now.. just sick of getting them thinking they're other types only to get that.. 'which of these 35 items do you buy, o and we've slid in beer at the bottom but don't want you to know that's the only topic here, so go ahead and waste your time clicking the other household items'.. i click the 20 regular items and leave off beer and it dq's me for that. it's in my profile, i don't drink!

Just because you don't *drink* it, doesn't necessarily mean you don't buy it for someone else to drink.

Well then ask me if I drink and or buy alcohol -get to the point of the of the survey and stop wasting my time.I agree with avemaria my time is worth something and when I feel survey companies are wasting my time I have no interest in doing their surveys.Quite frankly I will be in a survey for 2 or 3 minutes and if I feel they are wasting my time I will exit out.

Hey guys, take what you get and be happy or drop them!

footfree, I still think you are a plant.

O gene55, your so naughty :shock: you crack me up :lol:

Thank you, I think!

Just because you don't *drink* it, doesn't necessarily mean you don't buy it for someone else to drink.

Well then ask me if I drink and or buy alcohol -get to the point of the of the survey and stop wasting my time.I agree with avemaria my time is worth something and when I feel survey companies are wasting my time I have no interest in doing their surveys.Quite frankly I will be in a survey for 2 or 3 minutes and if I feel they are wasting my time I will exit out.

I don't disagree with the idea that one's time is important, I'm just making a point. Sometimes I buy beer or wine for friends/parties even though *I* personally cannot stand the stuff. I would be surprised if there aren't some surveys out there that are looking to see what people are buying outside of what they are drinking. I'm pretty sure a company would like to know if they can appeal to those who aren't well-educated as to the quality of their purchases. :)

I'm pretty sure they also add in the other options to cut down on folks figuring out what the survey is about and lying in order to get compensation. It's unfortunate for those who are honest that to compensate our time frequently ends up being wasted. I figure though it's not their fault that they don't know that I'm honest AND don't want to waste my time doing a survey that is boring because I'm not interested in the subject matter that doesn't apply to me.

I don't disagree with the idea that one's time is important, I'm just making a point. Sometimes I buy beer or wine for friends/parties even though *I* personally cannot stand the stuff. I would be surprised if there aren't some surveys out there that are looking to see what people are buying outside of what they are drinking. I'm pretty sure a company would like to know if they can appeal to those who aren't well-educated as to the quality of their purchases. :)

I'm pretty sure they also add in the other options to cut down on folks figuring out what the survey is about and lying in order to get compensation. It's unfortunate for those who are honest that to compensate our time frequently ends up being wasted. I figure though it's not their fault that they don't know that I'm honest AND don't want to waste my time doing a survey that is boring because I'm not interested in the subject matter that doesn't apply to me.

So that makes it alright latida,de, da..............If we don't say anything then it continues-well I personally want to do a shout out to all survey companies that it's unacceptable and I will not do them and hope others will do the same!Not that it will make a difference unless others follow suit.This goes to all people doing surveys if you don't like the survey you are given and you feel you are being treated unfairly exit out.Do not give false info because it makes it look like these types of surveys are exceptable when they aren't.

Thank you, I think!

I agree 100% with you 1957horses, but gene55 is one of the few reasons I read the posts anymore....cracks me up too

exactly!

So that makes it alright latida,de, da..............If we don't say anything then it continues-well I personally want to do a shout out to all survey companies that it's unacceptable and I will not do them and hope others will do the same!Not that it will make a difference unless others follow suit.This goes to all people doing surveys if you don't like the survey you are given and you feel you are being treated unfairly exit out.Do not give false info because it makes it look like these types of surveys are exceptable when they aren't.

I don't recall stating that it makes it "alright." The fact remains that people lie and survey companies have to deal with this. Outside of all the other shady practices, this is one that is *not* their fault. In order for their survey results to be as valid and reliable as possible, they can't just get straight to the point - then they would get a HUGE percentage of fake answers which is useless data. All opinion research works this way because even if someone is generally honest, many will feel led to choose the answer that they think the survey wants them to choose. So basically they have the liars and general human nature working against them in this case. (This is all based on what the OP stated in their first two posts in this thread. Since there was no exact count of time or questions I cannot really conclude whether or not there was a significant waste of time.)

Now, since apparently this also has to do with taking surveys that aren't worth it somehow, I'll reiterate that I do not complete ones that are tedious or otherwise take too long. I have cancelled my memberships with a few sites and explained why - bad surveys, low payout, etc. I don't do surveys for sweeps, either.

Yes, I do think it's perfectly *acceptable* to go through a few questions before being DQ'd - I expect it as a matter of proper research technique. I don't think it's okay when I get through about 25% or more of the survey and THEN get DQ'd and I complain when that happens to me. If it happens more than I'd like, I cash out and cancel my account.

So that makes it alright latido,de, da..............If we don't say anything then it continues-well I personally want to do a shout out to all survey companies that it's unacceptable and I will not do them and hope others will do the same!Not that it will make a difference unless others follow suit.This goes to all people doing surveys if you don't like the survey you are given and you feel you are being treated unfairly exit out.Do not give false info because it makes it look like these types of surveys are acceptable when they aren't.

I don't recall stating that it makes it "alright." The fact remains that people lie and survey companies have to deal with this. Outside of all the other shady practices, this is one that is *not* their fault. In order for their survey results to be as valid and reliable as possible, they can't just get straight to the point - then they would get a HUGE percentage of fake answers which is useless data. All opinion research works this way because even if someone is generally honest, many will feel led to choose the answer that they think the survey wants them to choose. So basically they have the liars and general human nature working against them in this case. (This is all based on what the OP stated in their first two posts in this thread. Since there was no exact count of time or questions I cannot really conclude whether or not there was a significant waste of time.)

Now, since apparently this also has to do with taking surveys that aren't worth it somehow, I'll reiterate that I do not complete ones that are tedious or otherwise take too long. I have cancelled my memberships with a few sites and explained why - bad surveys, low payout, etc. I don't do surveys for sweeps, either.

Yes, I do think it's perfectly *acceptable* to go through a few questions before being DQ'd - I expect it as a matter of proper research technique. I don't think it's okay when I get through about 25% or more of the survey and THEN get DQ'd and I complain when that happens to me. If it happens more than I'd like, I cash out and cancel my account.

I'm sorry idyliatoo, I don't know how this post of yours got under my name!! I clicked quote to tell you how great of a job you were doing and when I clicked submit what I had to say was in your blue screen instead of your statement being in gray quote. So I edited my statement out and put it in it's own box. And now I see it has me as the auther fo your statement. I tried to put it right today as you can see because you see that I have tried to edit it 3 times. but it just won't go back as it is suppost be as your comment. :oops: