alcohol

avemaria

I can see why you idylatoo became a survey police moderator :D you make a lot scenes, you approach each topic calmly, and show both sides of the of comments said here. Good for you!! Keep up the great job you are doing, and I for one appreciate how well you have taken care of all issues. :D

So that makes it alright latida,de, da..............If we don't say anything then it continues-well I personally want to do a shout out to all survey companies that it's unacceptable and I will not do them and hope others will do the same!Not that it will make a difference unless others follow suit.This goes to all people doing surveys if you don't like the survey you are given and you feel you are being treated unfairly exit out.Do not give false info because it makes it look like these types of surveys are exceptable when they aren't.

I don't recall stating that it makes it "alright." The fact remains that people lie and survey companies have to deal with this. Outside of all the other shady practices, this is one that is *not* their fault. In order for their survey results to be as valid and reliable as possible, they can't just get straight to the point - then they would get a HUGE percentage of fake answers which is useless data. All opinion research works this way because even if someone is generally honest, many will feel led to choose the answer that they think the survey wants them to choose. So basically they have the liars and general human nature working against them in this case. (This is all based on what the OP stated in their first two posts in this thread. Since there was no exact count of time or questions I cannot really conclude whether or not there was a significant waste of time.)

Now, since apparently this also has to do with taking surveys that aren't worth it somehow, I'll reiterate that I do not complete ones that are tedious or otherwise take too long. I have cancelled my memberships with a few sites and explained why - bad surveys, low payout, etc. I don't do surveys for sweeps, either.

Yes, I do think it's perfectly *acceptable* to go through a few questions before being DQ'd - I expect it as a matter of proper research technique. I don't think it's okay when I get through about 25% or more of the survey and THEN get DQ'd and I complain when that happens to me. If it happens more than I'd like, I cash out and cancel my account.

Did I specifically say idyatoo said it was alright?No!So please don't twist my words. I do agree with what you said in your last statement.However I would like to say to let others know why you quit we have to help each other out and coming here is a great resource.The more info we are given on survey companies always help us the survey takers know if we want to do business with them or not.

So that makes it alright latida,de, da..............If we don't say anything then it continues-well I personally want to do a shout out to all survey companies that it's unacceptable and I will not do them and hope others will do the same!Not that it will make a difference unless others follow suit.This goes to all people doing surveys if you don't like the survey you are given and you feel you are being treated unfairly exit out.Do not give false info because it makes it look like these types of surveys are exceptable when they aren't.

I don't recall stating that it makes it "alright." The fact remains that people lie and survey companies have to deal with this. Outside of all the other shady practices, this is one that is *not* their fault. In order for their survey results to be as valid and reliable as possible, they can't just get straight to the point - then they would get a HUGE percentage of fake answers which is useless data. All opinion research works this way because even if someone is generally honest, many will feel led to choose the answer that they think the survey wants them to choose. So basically they have the liars and general human nature working against them in this case. (This is all based on what the OP stated in their first two posts in this thread. Since there was no exact count of time or questions I cannot really conclude whether or not there was a significant waste of time.)

Now, since apparently this also has to do with taking surveys that aren't worth it somehow, I'll reiterate that I do not complete ones that are tedious or otherwise take too long. I have cancelled my memberships with a few sites and explained why - bad surveys, low payout, etc. I don't do surveys for sweeps, either.

Yes, I do think it's perfectly *acceptable* to go through a few questions before being DQ'd - I expect it as a matter of proper research technique. I don't think it's okay when I get through about 25% or more of the survey and THEN get DQ'd and I complain when that happens to me. If it happens more than I'd like, I cash out and cancel my account.

Did I specifically say idyatoo said it was alright?No!So please don't twist my words. I do agree with what you said in your last statement.However I would like to say to let others know why you quit we have to help each other out and coming here is a great resource.The more info we are given on survey companies always help us the survey takers know if we want to do business with them or not.

Perhaps you shouldn't have quoted me and then posted "So that makes it alright..." and so on if you were not replying directly to me then. I did not intend to "twist your words", I was merely replying to you as you had quoted me in your post. In all forums I have been an active member of, this is an indication of a direct reply to the person that is being quoted.

I have also posted why I have cancelled my accounts with different survey companies in the threads where it was applicable, such as ones about those specific companies. Would you like me to do a thread entirely on the survey companies I have quit? Please let me know and I will be happy to do so.

surveysavvy can't understand i don't drink either.. all the invites i get from them are for alcohol or video games.. it's not in my profile.

Have you contacted the survey companies to let them know that their filter isn't working then? I have done that in the past when I have gotten a lot of financial surveys when I have in my profile that I have no say in financial matters in my house. (Personal choice, I hate doing the financial surveys because they generally ask for information I don't want to give OR they're incredibly tedious and not worth it.)

Idylatoo

Sorry if you thought I was addressing that quote to you but I was making a general blank statement sent out to survey companies who come here and read are threads. I guess I dont know what your guidelines on the correct protocol are- you took what I said out of context and misunderstood my meaning as I see it.I' am not going to banter back and forth anymore on this subject with you as it is not productive-we will have to agree to disagree on this.

Idylatoo

Sorry if you thought I was addressing that quote to you but I was making a general blank statement sent out to survey companies who come here and read are threads. I guess I dont know what your guidelines on the correct protocol are- you took what I said out of context and misunderstood my meaning as I see it.I' am not going to banter back and forth anymore on this subject with you as it is not productive-we will have to agree to disagree on this.

Much like typing in all capital letters means that the author is yelling online, quoting someone and then replying is commonly accepted to mean that the author is directly replying to the person/s that were quoted. My suggestion is that to avoid further misunderstandings in the future, you should not quote someone/anyone if you are just making a general statement and are not intending to reply directly to what someone said or elaborate further on a previous post. I am not trying to make a big deal out of this, I just truly think that most people will come to the same erroneous conclusion if you quote them and go on a rant without intending to direct it at them.

I don't see what the big deal is in all of this. If you don't want the alcohol surveys, send them to me! I am an expert on that subject. I an currently looking for a job that entails smoking cigarettes and drinking liquor. If you hear of such a position please let me know.

I don't see what the big deal is in all of this. If you don't want the alcohol surveys, send them to me! I am an expert on that subject. I an currently looking for a job that entails smoking cigarettes and drinking liquor. If you hear of such a position please let me know.

Hey gene55, We could carpool together :lol:

Hey gene55, We could carpool together :lol:

Yeah buddy, you drive, you buy?

and to make sure you qualify for 100% of these surveys, you should buy a porsche or mercedes to drive to that new job :lol:

i just laugh at those luxury car surveys.. who are they kidding? if i make 500k per year and have that kind of car, i'm not likely to be sitting here doing surveys.. i don't care who the person is.