wasted time

peach6

Why is it that these survey companies think it is okay to spend 20 minutes on a survey just to be told the quota is filled or you get DQ because they didn't like your answer.I had 3 this week.Just venting. :(

I had that happen to me a lot with myview. I'm stuck at the point where I just need 2 more surveys to get a reward, so I keep trying. Otherwise I'd drop them, too. I time how long it takes me to DQ and then I email them but I have yet to hear anything back. They're lucky I'm so close to a reward!

just happened to me... 75% though a surveyhead survey on m&ms

this was my reply

Hello,

this really has to be fixed as it's not fair to waste our time like this.. this survey was in my email.. it's a 20 minute survey and 75% of the way through it cuts me off telling me you have the number of participants you need.. is this fair to me? if i enter the survey, i'm in the door... you put so much emphasis on us taking our time and giving thoughtful answers to your surveys so your clients can have better data.. this i do for your company.. but is it fair to me when i'm sitting here taking my time that i miss 'beating' everyone else to the finish line? you're telling me that if i go faster from now on i might not get cut off.. if you want good data you should make the people comfortable that once they enter a survey, they won't be cut off even near the end.. basically just dropped like i didn't do anything for you at all... something has to be done.. please pass this on to your managers and those that actually run this company.. because this is ridiculous.. if you want good data you can't treat your people like this.. you're telling us you don't care about us.. and in time this will reflect in the sort of data you receive..

just a few minutes ago. supposedly qualified for a product sample survey on Toluna, started the rest of it then got booted a little over half way :x . this why im thinking of just quitting doing surveys. irritating :!:

This is getting to be the norm for all the surveys.How can they expect good performance from us when they don't give a D about us I put a lot of time into doing these.

This happens to me everyday. I can do 2 or 3 but I get to the 90% mark and then I get DQ'd and told that they have filled their quota. WTH!!! I say if they are going to waste that much of our time they need to give us something to walk away with. It is absolutely irritating!

I have had that happen to me about 4 times in the past, I do the entire survey or almost the entire suvey and don't get credit because they just happen to meet their quota! However with me I DO NOT sit down and take it! :x I fight back!!! :D I see it like this, they ask us to be honest in taking part in these surveys and answering their questions honestly and spending our valueble time doing them. Well they should be held to the same standards! Honesty back, to have us do an entire survey and then at the very end to say "sorry we can't pay you because we just happen to meet our quota while you were doing the survey" DOES NOT FLY with me! So I email them demanding payment and telling them they wanted honest answers and I gave it to them, I expect honesty in payment, not some BS excuse to not pay. So if they don't pay me I go to the BBB and ripoffreport.com. Everytime I have filed a complaint with the BBB about this I have always gotten payment!

They want honesty in anwser, then they should have honesty in paying you on the time you spent! So FIGHT BACK!

I have had that happen to me about 4 times in the past, I do the entire survey or almost the entire suvey and don't get credit because they just happen to meet their quota! However with me I DO NOT sit down and take it! :x I fight back!!! :D I see it like this, they ask us to be honest in taking part in these surveys and answering their questions honestly and spending our valueble time doing them. Well they should be held to the same standards! Honesty back, to have us do an entire survey and then at the very end to say "sorry we can't pay you because we just happen to meet our quota while you were doing the survey" DOES NOT FLY with me! So I email them demanding payment and telling them they wanted honest answers and I gave it to them, I expect honesty in payment, not some BS excuse to not pay. So if they don't pay me I go to the BBB and ripoffreport.com. Everytime I have filed a complaint with the BBB about this I have always gotten payment!

They want honesty in anwser, then they should have honesty in paying you on the time you spent! So FIGHT BACK!

Smack! Smack! :) we gotta stand up to them for sure.

I just started one and was told it was going to be a 20 minute survey for $2. I answered questions about a product and after 15 minutes, I was dq'd. I was over half way through it and got nothing. I was really into it too. They had filled the quota for my answers. Which makes me wonder, how reliable is the info they putout based on the answers we give? I do have some questions.

With all the low payouts they are receiving false and low quality responses. Every time I do a survey I think about this: "gas is at least $4, this survey is 80 cents. This is not worth it, I would answer whatever I want". And when they ask me questions during the survey I just put" I don't know" to every question. That's it. And about the thing of "technical errors" -I don't know who believe this lie, we are in 2012 and technical errors? About the sweepstakes entries- this is a way to get responses without pay. When I began doing surveys I had like 15 survey panels. Now I am only stay with 2 and it's hard to do surveys.I would like that they continue lowering payouts...you know why? Because there will be one moment when people will not do their surveys. The frustration can't be compared with the low cash people can get using these survey panels.

With all the low payouts they are receiving false and low quality responses. Every time I do a survey I think about this: "gas is at least $4, this survey is 80 cents. This is not worth it, I would answer whatever I want". And when they ask me questions during the survey I just put" I don't know" to every question. That's it. And about the thing of "technical errors" -I don't know who believe this lie, we are in 2012 and technical errors? About the sweepstakes entries- this is a way to get responses without pay. When I began doing surveys I had like 15 survey panels. Now I am only stay with 2 and it's hard to do surveys.I would like that they continue lowering payouts...you know why? Because there will be one moment when people will not do their surveys. The frustration can't be compared with the low cash people can get using these survey panels.

I for 1 completely agree with you!!!!!! The point is there are still very ~!@#$*&t%*u#@p*%i@#d people doing them that these low paying surveys are still able to give out the low incentive, but until WE the survey taker take a STAND. I hear all the time "O I DO THEM TO HELP OUT THIS OR THAT" but what they don't realize is that if they stopped for just a minute and think about it, don't do these low paying surveys. It isn't going to get any better until then. See if WE as a WHOLE stopped doing them it might send these survey sites a message that were not going to stand for the lousy incentive. And to you who still do the cheep surveys don't understand that if you also quit for a week or two, IT may send a message that we want better incentives. Jeepers just think how nice it would be to do a 20 minute survey for $3.00 instead of doing 3- 20 minute surveys that pay $1.00 each!!!! Don't you get it??? The way it is now, it is taking 1 hour for you to take 3-20 minute for $3.00. Back in the day I would do 3-20 minute at $3.00 each for a 20 minute survey and I would make $9.00 for that same 1 hour. Just think about it. These sites don't care about you, but they might see it in a DIFFERENT LIGHT if nobody is doing there surveys. The companies who hire them wont be happy. We have to say, "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" Then you'll really be doing some good "TO HELP OUT THIS OR THAT" I don't know, maybe I'm just spinning my tires. But it just won't get better UNLESS WE ALL STICK TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

I agree with you to a certain point the payout for doing surveys is very low but it is your choice if you want to do them.I have only been doing them for a few years.I am sure that at one time they paid better then they do now but they will always find people to do them we could all stop doing them but we would be replaced very easily.I believe that if the survey companies started paying you 3.00 for a survey you would be DQ a lot more then you are now they would probably only need 100 people for that survey at 3.00 and then the survey would be closed so what are your chances of getting in? I think it would be more frustrating then it is now that is just my opinion.

I for 1 completely agree with you!!!!!! The point is there are still very ~!@#$*&t%*u#@p*%i@#d people doing them that these low paying surveys are still able to give out the low incentive, but until WE the survey taker take a STAND. I hear all the time "O I DO THEM TO HELP OUT THIS OR THAT" but what they don't realize is that if they stopped for just a minute and think about it, don't do these low paying surveys. It isn't going to get any better until then. See if WE as a WHOLE stopped doing them it might send these survey sites a message that were not going to stand for the lousy incentive. And to you who still do the cheep surveys don't understand that if you also quit for a week or two, IT may send a message that we want better incentives. Jeepers just think how nice it would be to do a 20 minute survey for $3.00 instead of doing 3- 20 minute surveys that pay $1.00 each!!!! Don't you get it??? The way it is now, it is taking 1 hour for you to take 3-20 minute for $3.00. Back in the day I would do 3-20 minute at $3.00 each for a 20 minute survey and I would make $9.00 for that same 1 hour. Just think about it. These sites don't care about you, but they might see it in a DIFFERENT LIGHT if nobody is doing there surveys. The companies who hire them wont be happy. We have to say, "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" Then you'll really be doing some good "TO HELP OUT THIS OR THAT" I don't know, maybe I'm just spinning my tires. But it just won't get better UNLESS WE ALL STICK TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

I agree with the stance that we need to stop doing low paying surveys. I personally will not do anything for a fake sweeps entry, nor will I do anything that is less than a buck for ten minutes. So, Survey Spot and Opinion Outpost with your buck for 30 minutes, you can kiss my big old a. They are instantly deleted. If they don't tell you up front what the incentive is, they are deleted immediately. I really like the ones where they tell you it will be 10 minutes, but then you get to the survey and the survey says 25 minutes. Ooops, I exit immediately. How stupid do you think I am?

These are just my standards; others may have something different. But my time and honest, thinking answers are worth something to the companies that contract for them, and I will not give away my effort to make a survey company profitable.

I just started one and was told it was going to be a 20 minute survey for $2. I answered questions about a product and after 15 minutes, I was dq'd. I was over half way through it and got nothing. I was really into it too. They had filled the quota for my answers. Which makes me wonder, how reliable is the info they putout based on the answers we give? I do have some questions.

Demand payment for the time you spent on that survey, that is just BS! You answered the questions honestly and was expecting what they promised. You spent 15 minutes out of the 20 minutes and then your told "Sorry quota has been filled". Send them an email demanding payment. So 15 minutes of your time for a 20 minutes $2 survey, that is 50cents every 5 minutes. I would ask for $1.50 and tell them you answered it honestly and you expect the same in return, honesty in payment for your time! If they refuse, the send them an email back thanking them for their time in sending you and email on it and tell them you are reporting them to the BBB, ripoffreport.com and making a post on Survey Police forums. Then when you file with the BBB ask them for the entire amount of $2, because you tried to be reasonably with them, but they weren't with you.