Kick up your boots

1957horses

Thank you both 1957horses and fiestyvermin for some great inspiration. I hope you are getting better every day.

Aw ladybug how sweet, with JESUS as my pilot, :D and all the well wishing I hope to be even better then before, because of not smoking, I heard that food taste better too. :lol:

I was wondering why you hadn't made a post in awhile.Congrats on quitting-I quit cold on Nov.19th 2009-reason I remember was I was at the hospital with a virile infection and couldn't breathe.That has to be one of the worst feelings in in the world (not being able to catch your breathe). The doctor told me if I didn't quit I would get emphysema.There was no way I could live like that for the rest of my life.So I decided right there on the spot to quit.

Cravings are still there and as far as food tasting better I really haven't noticed a difference.Although I only smoked 5 to 6 cigarettes a day.I also gained like 12 pounds after I quit.I looked at it that gaining weight has to be more healthier thing to do then smoke.I waited a good 6 months after I quit to start losing the weight again.It was to much trying to do both at the same time.The thing I notice most about quitting is that my allergies have gotten better plus I don't think I'm as allergic to cats like I once was.Don't really get around cats that much but I also notice I don't sneeze as much when I am.All in all I can breathe better in general,which is wonderful.

It can be hard but it really is worth it in the long run.

Funny little thing is I didnt even know it was National Smoke out day when I quit but it just so happened to be on the same day I quit that's how I can remember the date.

I was wondering why you hadn't made a post in awhile.Congrats on quitting-I quit cold on Nov.19th 2009-reason I remember was I was at the hospital with a virile infection and couldn't breathe.That has to be one of the worst feelings in in the world (not being able to catch your breathe). The doctor told me if I didn't quit I would get emphysema.There was no way I could live like that for the rest of my life.So I decided right there on the spot to quit.

Cravings are still there and as far as food tasting better I really haven't noticed a difference.Although I only smoked 5 to 6 cigarettes a day.I also gained like 12 pounds after I quit.I looked at it that gaining weight has to be more healthier thing to do then smoke.I waited a good 6 months after I quit to start losing the weight again.It was to much trying to do both at the same time.The thing I notice most about quitting is that my allergies have gotten better plus I don't think I'm as allergic to cats like I once was.Don't really get around cats that much but I also notice I don't sneeze as much when I am.All in all I can breathe better in general,which is wonderful.

It can be hard but it really is worth it in the long run.

Funny little thing is I didn't even know it was National Smoke out day when I quit but it just so happened to be on the same day I quit that's how I can remember the date.

I certainly agree with you about catching your breath!! The nurse in emergency said those short quick breaths (like a fish out of water) because not being able to catch your breath, she said that your body will only do that about 40 minutes, and the body doesn't respond to catch your breathy it will start shutting down because it isn't working. They said another 5-10 minutes and I would have been in that stage. I praise JESUS and the ambulance guys for getting to me in time. I want to go to heaven, but just not yet. :D