Surveyspot

avemaria

this company has just absolutely gotten horrible

Your Survey Details

survey number:ORD-50416-ZJD5

survey length:29 minutes

Every time you participate in a survey you earn an entry into our new $12,000 quarterly prize draw. The more surveys you participate in the more chances you have to win!

so i can either take a survey for 29 minutes and get a sweeps entry, or i can screen out on the first question by putting in the wrong age.... and still get a sweeps entry..

this company has just absolutely gotten horrible

Your Survey Details

survey number:ORD-50416-ZJD5

survey length:29 minutes

Every time you participate in a survey you earn an entry into our new $12,000 quarterly prize draw. The more surveys you participate in the more chances you have to win!

so i can either take a survey for 29 minutes and get a sweeps entry, or i can screen out on the first question by putting in the wrong age.... and still get a sweeps entry..

I quit them several years ago. I was just thinking after reading your post how much money they are making on the poor saps who take them.If they can afford to give away 12,000 quarterly then why cant they afford to pay people to take their surveys?Do away with the sweeps and pay people the money they deserve.But you know if they did this then they wouldn't be making any money themselves(yeah right). Greed gets what greed deserves and I hope it comes back and bites them where the good lord should kick them.

Started taking consumer surveys back in the 'dot.com' era when I was working 90 hours a week and had plenty of downtime between software testing cycles. Didn't mind and usually got a few points earned towards dining gift cards so I liked it!

Past few years I get 14 emails daily in my Inbox. No screening to see if I'm the right audience. You spend 20 - 30 minutes answering questions only to be told you don't QUALIFY...and they couldn't determine that from the first 5 questions??? :evil:

I have no confidence in my privacy. Many times my postal box is filled with offers from financial advisors or retirement communities IMMEDIATELY AFTER FILLING OUT A SURVEYSPOT SURVEY about that topic. Intersting. :o

There are several formats to their emails so I don't think they are a reliable source. Seems like someone is in a backroom spidering through the internet searching for info they can use elsewhere... and WHY would someone answer those financial questions about which banks you use, where you hide your investments, net worth etc.???

Kept a log of all surveys answered by datetime stamp for 12 months and the REWARDED POINTS were less than 1%. Took me 24 months to earn enough rewards to get a $20 check so Bye Bye Surveyspotters. Life is too short.

Whenever I sign up for a new company, I always tack on an extra letter to my name. That way I know where my junk mail is coming from. :mrgreen: An extra letter or otherwise slightly altered "real name" doesn't interfere with reward redemption unless you get a check, so usually no need to go back in and worry about changing it either.

Survey Spot stole my money (about $15) a couple years ago. They required you to have a Verified Paypal account which means Paypal can take any amount of money from your bank account at any time for no reason. You have to be nuts to give them access to your bank account. The alternative was to use the points for items from Survu Spot's web store, but their store was "temporarily" not available for over 6 months. I emailed them asking for a time frame when it will open and they couldn't tell me. They closed my account without warning for inactivity. I wasn't going to take anymore surveys when I couldn't get my money. I filed a complaint with the BBB, and of the 8 I have filed against survey companies, Survey Spot was the only one who refused to fix the issue. You have been warned.

Survey Spot stole my money (about $15) a couple years ago. They required you to have a Verified Paypal account which means Paypal can take any amount of money from your bank account at any time for no reason. You have to be nuts to give them access to your bank account.

with a company as large as paypal, do you realize how much of a lawsuit they would face if they took from your account against your wishes? i wouldn't worry about that.

Survey Spot stole my money (about $15) a couple years ago. They required you to have a Verified Paypal account which means Paypal can take any amount of money from your bank account at any time for no reason. You have to be nuts to give them access to your bank account. The alternative was to use the points for items from Survu Spot's web store, but their store was "temporarily" not available for over 6 months. I emailed them asking for a time frame when it will open and they couldn't tell me. They closed my account without warning for inactivity. I wasn't going to take anymore surveys when I couldn't get my money. I filed a complaint with the BBB, and of the 8 I have filed against survey companies, Survey Spot was the only one who refused to fix the issue. You have been warned.

SS was the very first survey site that I took a survey from, so I had built $30.00 and when it came time that I wanted to redeem they said I did violated something and I couldn't even email them for what I may have done wrong, the email just wouldn't go through. That was 3 Christmas's ago. :shock: The ROTTEN BLOKES.

Are ANY surveys at SS ever worth more or less than 50 points? A 40 minute survey can be worth 50 points, and a 5 minute survey can be worth 50 points. Stupid.

Survey Spot stole my money (about $15) a couple years ago. They required you to have a Verified Paypal account which means Paypal can take any amount of money from your bank account at any time for no reason. You have to be nuts to give them access to your bank account.

with a company as large as paypal, do you realize how much of a lawsuit they would face if they took from your account against your wishes? i wouldn't worry about that.

To be fair, they CAN take money from your account but this is ONLY in regards to ebay.com buying/selling - and happens very rarely.

To be fair, they CAN take money from your account but this is ONLY in regards to ebay.com buying/selling - and happens very rarely.

I have had Pay Pal for several years and only 1 time had a problem with money being taken out of my account. Pay Pal got it settled and money put back in just about two days.

Are ANY surveys at SS ever worth more or less than 50 points? A 40 minute survey can be worth 50 points, and a 5 minute survey can be worth 50 points. Stupid.

their rewards are terrible anymore.. all i see anymore is $1 for 35 minutes.. unless you happen upon a panel or something, the site is garbage anymore.

Are you really that naive? By being verified, you give them unrestricted access and permission to your account. Go look up the laws regarding this. There are none.

No attorney is going to file a lawsuit when you gave PayPal unrestricted access to your account. Didn't you ever hear of a debt collector talking someone into giving them access to take out $25 a month from their bank account and the debt collector empties it? Paypal is not trust worthy. They have frozen PayPal accounts without reason. Why do you think they want access to your account.

You sound like one of those people who buys a product from the store and when it doesn't work, rather than taking it back to the store for an immediate refund or replacement, you call the manufacture, pay out of your own pocket to ship the product to them, wait 4 to 6 weeks to have it sent back to you only to find they didn't repair it. Wow!

The only way they can "empty your bank account" is if your PayPal account is empty and your bank account is where they need to grab the money from.

this is what we agree to when signing up with paypal on ebay.. in order for them to process auto payments for your account, they have to be able to access to get the money..

of course they can in order to process payments that you 'owe them'.. it's what we agree to when signing up.. but they can't take for no reason.. it's up to us to make sure we have the funds when using the ebay site.