Surveyspot

avemaria

Survey Spot stole my money (about $15) a couple years ago. They required you to have a Verified Paypal account which means Paypal can take any amount of money from your bank account at any time for no reason. You have to be nuts to give them access to your bank account.

with a company as large as paypal, do you realize how much of a lawsuit they would face if they took from your account against your wishes? i wouldn't worry about that.

Are you really that naive? By being verified, you give them unrestricted access and permission to your account. Go look up the laws regarding this. There are none.

No attorney is going to file a lawsuit when you gave PayPal unrestricted access to your account. Didn't you ever hear of a debt collector talking someone into giving them access to take out $25 a month from their bank account and the debt collector empties it? Paypal is not trust worthy. They have frozen PayPal accounts without reason. Why do you think they want access to your account.

You sound like one of those people who buys a product from the store and when it doesn't work, rather than taking it back to the store for an immediate refund or replacement, you call the manufacture, pay out of your own pocket to ship the product to them, wait 4 to 6 weeks to have it sent back to you only to find they didn't repair it. Wow!

it's quite simple to prove what has been taken out of your account with or without your permission.. and that's all that is needed for a lawsuit if your bank account is emptied by paypal.. they have to have access to pull money from transactions that YOU initiate on ebay! it's what we agree to when we sign up to sell! Paypal isn't just a single insurance agent who will empty your bank account (how much do you really have in your account that is worth stealing?) and flee the country.. if they empty your account they have to answer as an entire company. They are subject to the same rules and regulations as any other kind of business that accepts credit cards or does automatic withdrawal from your funds -- they are legally bound to take only the amount of money you owe them for the particular transaction you have agreed to make, and no more.

but even still, this is why you don't keep too much directly 'in' your bank account.. if you're having enough in it to be taken by anyone, it should be moved into a separate 'savings account' that NO ONE has access to but you.. then move money accordingly into the checking account attached to your credit and paypal sites to pay bills as needed.. and in today's world it's just a click away, not a trip to the bank itself.. so there is no reason anyone can't free up a checking account to sign up for paypal.

I have had Pay Pal for several years and only 1 time had a problem with money being taken out of my account. Pay Pal got it settled and money put back in just about two days.

You proved my point. They could have just as well not settled it and you would have been stuck. According to some people here, you must be lying because they say they can't do that.

I got ripped off once on Ebay. Paided for an item and never got it. Seller wouldn't answer my emails so filed a claim with Ebay. They did their investigation and said they couldn't do anything about it. So I did my own investigation. I tracked the woman down, found out she was a college student living with her dad. I sent her dad a postal letter telling him what happened, telling him if she doesn't refund my money I will take out a full page ad in the college newspaper about her being a thief and file a police report with their local police. Four days later I received a money order from her for the full amount. Oh, and Ebay let her sign back up again after having closed her account for ripping people off. Real trustworthy.

Like I said before they fixed the problem in no time. I am sorry to hear about what happened to you, but every situation is different. Whatatay, I have known you for about 2 years now, not in person, but threw these forums. I have come to respect what you say and the information you provide. But Frankly you are sounding like a Broken Record. Yes, we know you have had a problem with Paypal in the past and sorry to hear you couldn't get it fixed! But please Stop Repeating yourself and PLEASE STOP jumping all over people when they mention Paypal! Attacking people does not help, it only makes it worse and adds fuel to the fire!

this company has just absolutely gotten horrible

Your Survey Details

survey number:ORD-50416-ZJD5

survey length:29 minutes

Every time you participate in a survey you earn an entry into our new $12,000 quarterly prize draw. The more surveys you participate in the more chances you have to win!

so i can either take a survey for 29 minutes and get a sweeps entry, or i can screen out on the first question by putting in the wrong age.... and still get a sweeps entry..

As for the rest of you that are going back and forth over this Pay Pal thing, why? This thread has nothing to do with Pay Pal in the first place! Just look what Avemaria wrote! I have noticed lately that their have been a some topics started on a good subject or problem, but then some people tend to throw something that has nothing to do with the topic at hand and then arguments pursue! We are ALL here for the same thing, to tell people and inform them of the Good and Bad Survey company's! Not to start fighting!

back onto surveyspot... just got a $3.00 survey invite from them!... too bad it was for alcohol that isn't listed in my profile so i disqualified.. :D

i can't tell you how many times i've been temped to do their 35 minute $1 survey just so i can increase my $5 to the payout level

back onto surveyspot... just got a $3.00 survey invite from them!... too bad it was for alcohol that isn't listed in my profile so i disqualified.. :D

i can't tell you how many times i've been temped to do their 35 minute $1 survey just so i can increase my $5 to the payout level

So once you reach the Cash Out level are you going to drop them Avemaria? I had a feeling a long time ago they were just going to get worse when they change so much crap, so I dropped them I think about a year ago. Seems like they are more trouble then they are worth Avermaria, no since in pulling out your hair everytime you have to deal with them. If I were you I get the Cash Out limit and drop them, but that is just my Opinion! :)

So once you reach the Cash Out level are you going to drop them Avemaria? I had a feeling a long time ago they were just going to get worse when they change so much crap, so I dropped them I think about a year ago. Seems like they are more trouble then they are worth Avermaria, no since in pulling out your hair everytime you have to deal with them. If I were you I get the Cash Out limit and drop them, but that is just my Opinion! :)

that's where i was at back in january.. but then i got a $25 panel.....

• 4 weeks later...

This thread has had posts deleted and is now locked due to the off-topic nature and inappropriateness of some of the posts. Sorry to anyone who is looking for these deleted posts but please remember this is a forum to talk about survey panels. Please start a new thread on Surveyspot if you wish to discuss it again.