Dumb question reguarding amazon

stormycloud

I notice a lot of you get amazon cards or codes , I am thinking of doing that as well. My question is what do you guys get at amazon? Thanks in advance. :o

I notice a lot of you get amazon cards or codes , I am thinking of doing that as well. My question is what do you guys get at amazon? Thanks in advance. :o

Again there are no dumb questions (well maybe this one.......just kidding) You can get just about anything. I have my sleeper-sofa coming tomorrow, and ordered my husband 2 tires for his birthday. Just look at "amazon.com", you name it and it is probably there. There is a box there that you can type in what your looking for. And another thing, Your amazon credit never expires. There to is a place were you put your amazon gift codes and just keep adding to it. I just had $1300.00 saved saved. All gone now, so now I'm saving for Christmas. And that is great also cause my twin daughters both have families of their own, so they make a wish list and make it public for me to see, they live 600 miles from me. I order what they want and amazon ships it to them. I always get amazon over $$$$, because $$$$ I spend right away, but amazons are great for any occasion like birthday, mother/fathers day. You can get cloths, shoes, toys, food, dog/cat/bird things. Like I said go to the site and check it out. I'm sure you'll be impressed with all they have to offer. And some are available for free shipping over $25.00. It will tell you if it is free shipping under the description. Hope this helps you. :D

I have Amazon Prime so I get two-day shipping on most items. I buy A LOT at amazon because of the two day shipping. I've even been out shopping and I'll compare prices on amazon with my phone before I make a big purchase. As 1957Horses said, they have just about everything.

they're probably the most popular internet buying site.. you can find pretty much anything you want to buy there.. it's free shipping for most things when you have $25 worth.

they're probably the most popular internet buying site.. you can find pretty much anything you want to buy there.. it's free shipping for most things when you have $25 worth.

Yes that is true and one of the reason why I like Amazon because of the $25 or more you get free shipping and handling. Of course it isn't with All things, but most things do qualify for it! 8) I did hear one thing on the news the other day that Amazon is 20% higher then most retaliers, but I am Not sure if that is true or not? :?:

I have Amazon Prime so I get two-day shipping on most items. I buy A LOT at amazon because of the two day shipping. I've even been out shopping and I'll compare prices on amazon with my phone before I make a big purchase. As 1957Horses said, they have just about everything.

Just thinking about getting 'amazon prime' as the amount I pay for shipping would easily cancel the $79 fee ... Just wondering about the TV shows and Movies you get. Is the variety/quality any good?

Yes that is true and one of the reason why I like Amazon because of the $25 or more you get free shipping and handling. Of course it isn't with All things, but most things do qualify for it! 8) I did hear one thing on the news the other day that Amazon is 20% higher then most retaliers, but I am Not sure if that is true or not? :?:

I don't know if their higher, cause I bought my baby dogs a bag of beggin strips that was like $11.00 at petsmart and walmart, and got 2 at Amazon same size For the same $11.00. Last year.

you just have to know the general price of items you're buying i guess... i notice that from time to time their price is higher if it's one of the 'free supersaver shipping items'.. o yeah duh of course it's free shipping because they're charging me $5 more than the other place to buy it... but most items i buy you can't get it cheaper elsewhere.. or i'd go there. For the time being they get away with selling for less because they're not having to pay sales tax in most states.. so they pass it off to free shipping.. or else you'd wonder how they profit on shipping... (their packing service is quite wasteful in the size boxes they choose and filling material).. plus they'll ship your order in parts if part of it isn't ready fast enough, which costs them more.

The video is just like Netflix in my experience. I do not have an HD tv so I'm probably the wrong person to ask. LOL If it helps any, you can watch amazon.com stuff through the PS3 now, too.

It depends on what you're buying. As with ANY purchase, I highly recommend comparison shopping. Sometimes things ARE higher but then other times they are much much lower. For example, I was going to buy a waffle mix at Williams Sonoma for $13 but for $15 for subscribe and save at Amazon I can get THREE containers of the same mix. And I'll even say that as with any sweeping statements made on the news - do your OWN research!!

The other thing to factor in for some people is the fact that while something might be $5 cheaper at the store WHEN/HOW will you be able to actually get to the store? Sometimes that slight extra expense is worth what you save in time and/or money.

I treat Amazon Prime like a membership to Costco or BJ's. I know I've saved a lot more with amazon than I did with either of the warehouse club memberships we've had. I can buy the things in bulk that we need, easily have stuff we regularly need delivered on a schedule, AND their customer service is superb.

Their boxes are probably done to make shipping cheaper. I used to sell on ebay and ship things regularly and the awkward sizes that are more environmentally friendly also makes shipping way more expensive.

Isn't having Amazon Prime you have to pay a fee every month?? :roll:

It's a flat $79.00 fee. You get free two-day shipping for all items sold by Amazon.com and access to their library of tv and movies that are free for Prime members. If you own a Kindle, you can also borrow one book a month from the Kindle Lending Library.

Why I didn't know it was a flat one time fee. :roll: I used it for the free month last year because my daughters didn't pick everything that was free shipping, So I canceled it. I wonder if I can got it again?? :roll:

I buy my shellac for my nails on Amazon, the "cooker" for it. I have bought anything and everything on there, movies, books, jewelry, you name it, I have always found it on Amazon. It is nice to get a few Amazon Codes built up so that I can use them at any time and they don't expire.

Isn't having Amazon Prime you have to pay a fee every month?? :roll:

It's a flat $79.00 fee. You get free two-day shipping for all items sold by Amazon.com and access to their library of tv and movies that are free for Prime members. If you own a Kindle, you can also borrow one book a month from the Kindle Lending Library.

If you only buy a few things a year from amazon then no I would recommend not getting it. But if you spend a lot of money and buy a lot of things from amazon, then you might want to look into it. Just depends on how much and what you shop for at amazon in my opinion.