Dumb question reguarding amazon

stormycloud

Why I didn't know it was a flat one time fee. :roll: I used it for the free month last year because my daughters didn't pick everything that was free shipping, So I canceled it. I wonder if I can got it again?? :roll:

The only way I got a second free month of Prime was when I ordered my mom a Kindle Fire for Christmas and included with it was a free month of Prime. I think if you do a trial it's like any other place offering free trials - you get it once and you're done.

If you only buy a few things a year from amazon then no I would recommend not getting it. But if you spend a lot of money and buy a lot of things from amazon, then you might want to look into it. Just depends on how much and what you shop for at amazon in my opinion.

I actually find that I order MORE now that I have it - and I wouldn't be surprised if that isn't the case for most people. Knowing that you can get in item in two days is a great incentive for getting something from Amazon.com instead of other places - even the store if you know that those two days will be up before you can get to the store again.

The only way I got a second free month of Prime was when I ordered my mom a Kindle Fire for Christmas and included with it was a free month of Prime. I think if you do a trial it's like any other place offering free trials - you get it once and you're done.

i think i've done it 3 times the past few years.. i just enter it when he offers it and it seems to work

• 3 weeks later...

I think I am addicted to Amazon. Have been a regular customer for about 4 years now. I buy cd's, dvd's, household items, food, car parts, home improvement stuff.... The list goes on and on. I very rarely ever find that they don't carry something I am looking for. I love shopping from the comfort of my couch or wherever I am at home. No long lines and it comes straight to my door or mailbox.

I just recently started opting for the amazon gift codes from SH and have enjoyed them a lot. Although I do still get cash through paypal too. I alternate back and forth. It works out great for me though.

I think I am addicted to Amazon. Have been a regular customer for about 4 years now. I buy Cd's, dvds, household items, food, car parts, home improvement stuff.... The list goes on and on. I very rarely ever find that they don't carry something I am looking for. I love shopping from the comfort of my couch or wherever I am at home. No long lines and it comes straight to my door or mailbox.

I just recently started opting for the amazon gift codes from SH and have enjoyed them a lot. Although I do still get cash through paypal too. I alternate back and forth. It works out great for me though.

I am just like you deanseven, I love amazon. I had saved up enough since February and got a beautiful deep blue queen-size pull out sleeper sofa last week and all I added was $2.00 because with shipping it cost $922.00 and I got it all with amazon gift cards from doing surveys (I had another amazon code coming but just couldn't wait I was so anxious). The other day I bought my husband 2 new tires for his van at $88.00 each, and he loves them. He said that you can't find tires as good as they are for under a $120.00. And I already have another $95.00 built up with $100.00 more amazons gift cards coming, just waiting AGAIN for survey sites to pay!!

I'm now saving for Christmas presents, my twin daughters both with their own families live 600 miles away, they put what they want on amazon's wish list, make it public for me to see and I order it from amazon, and they ship it right to their homes. Amazon also gift wraps, but I think that might cost more. No matter, my daughters gift wrap the presents for my grand kids and put them under the tree. :mrgreen:

By the way deanseven, were in the heck did you find the cute pacman balls on the side?? that is so neat. :lol:

I found it on an avatar site a long time ago. Been on my computer for a while. It's two emoticons trying to get an avatar that isn't showing up to work by poking at it and then shooting it with a machine gun but then it falls down and rolls toward them. They run off the screen trying to get away from it. :mrgreen:

I think I am addicted to Amazon. Have been a regular customer for about 4 years now. I buy Cd's, dvds, household items, food, car parts, home improvement stuff.... The list goes on and on. I very rarely ever find that they don't carry something I am looking for. I love shopping from the comfort of my couch or wherever I am at home. No long lines and it comes straight to my door or mailbox.

I am just like you deanseven, I love amazon. I had saved up enough since February and got a beautiful deep blue queen-size pull out sleeper sofa last week and all I added was $2.00 because with shipping it cost $922.00 and I got it all with amazon gift cards from doing surveys (I had another amazon code coming but just couldn't wait I was so anxious). The other day I bought my husband 2 new tires for his van at $88.00 each, and he loves them. He said that you can't find tires as good as they are for under a $120.00. And I already have another $95.00 built up with $100.00 more amazons gift cards coming, just waiting AGAIN for survey sites to pay!!

I'm now saving for Christmas presents, my twin daughters both with their own families live 600 miles away, they put what they want on amazon's wish list, make it public for me to see and I order it from amazon, and they ship it right to their homes. Amazon also gift wraps, but I think that might cost more. No matter, my daughters gift wrap the presents for my grand kids and put them under the tree. :mrgreen:

I hear you. That's another cool thing about Amazon. I have a niece and nephew that live in Missouri and I'm in ALabama. We do the same thing with the wish lists for Birthdays and Christmas.

Wow, how long did it take you to get $922.00 in gift cards? That's awesome. I tend to spend mine as soon as I have enough to get something I've been wanting or needing.

I would have to say about 7 months. I did have more to were I could have gotten the sleeper sooner, but I bought a decompression table that was $120.00 back in February because of the rheumatoid arthritis in my back it was to stretch your spine, but once I was on it and went up-side down hanging by my feet, my husband wouldn't help me get right side up and although I was screaming at him to get me up the more he laughed. It wasn't funny to me I thought my eyeballs were going to pop out. Needless to say I haven't been on it sense. So in a week or two, I'm going to put it outside and see if anybody wants to buy it even though it is new I'm sure I will be taking a loss. Sorry, ranting.

I to used to spend it most all the time buying dog treats, bird toys (he doesn't play with them) But I wanted the sofa so much, and I just kept adding to my account watching it grow till I had it all. It was exciting expressly after I was over the $700.00 mark.

So now my twins birthday is in October, moms in December 20th (she lives with us and will be 89) and then Christmas.

So I'm saving up again.

I think after Christmas, I'm going to save for a swimming pool, they have some nice ones for a little over a thousand. I have well water though, and I don't think I would have enough water to fill it up. O well I'll work out the keeks later. :P

1957horses, put that darned thing on Craigslist and get $50 for it. Be sure to tell them that it made you so much better that you dont' need it anymore. :wink:

I do sometimes get the amazon codes, but I always find some nail shellac that I need. I gotta quit buying that junk and save up for christmas. You really do a good job getting your amazon credits built up!

I would have to say about 7 months. I did have more to were I could have gotten the sleeper sooner, but I bought a decompression table that was $120.00 back in February because of the rheumatoid arthritis in my back it was to stretch your spine, but once I was on it and went up-side down hanging by my feet, my husband wouldn't help me get right side up and although I was screaming at him to get me up the more he laughed. It wasn't funny to me I thought my eyeballs were going to pop out. Needless to say I haven't been on it sense. So in a week or two, I'm going to put it outside and see if anybody wants to buy it even though it is new I'm sure I will be taking a loss. Sorry, ranting.

LOL That's so funny. I just about spewed Dr. Pepper all over my monitor. 8)

LOL That's so funny. I just about spewed Dr. Pepper all over my monitor. 8)

You must be my husbands long lost twin, you both laugh LOL :shock: