Myview Dumbest Prequalifying question ever

TSP1973

You know how in Myview they ask those Prequalifying questions to see what survey fits you? Well I came across the dumbest of them all! They asked me my age, you could select from age 1 year on up! Now what 1 year old do you know that takes surveys? :lol:

i love that answer when i get the sweeps surveys from GTM.. i always seem to 'accidentally' hit the below age number and screen out.. i'm bummed about it too because i only get one sweep entry instead of the 3 i could have had if i did the 20 minute survey.. i imagine this has happened around 60 or so times so far this year.. :P imagine that.. that's the equivalent of 20 3 sweeps entries, or almost 7 hours of surveys that i missed the privilege of doing.

And I love the ones that ask you to check your annual salary and include $500,000 and up. I know they can't assume that only people who need money do this and everyone is entitled to do surveys but geez...if I was making a half a million a year, what would I be doing in a place like this? LOL

You know how in Myview they ask those Prequalifying questions to see what survey fits you? Well I came across the dumbest of them all! They asked me my age, you could select from age 1 year on up! Now what 1 year old do you know that takes surveys? :lol:

This has ALWAYS irritated me with surveys. ALL sites have you answer your age and a few basic questions for your profile so why can't they tell the darn company your age and at least skip THAT question?

I've often wondered the same thing idylatoo. I think maybe the technology hasn't caught up with us yet here in the survey takers world online. Maybe something else entirely. It does seem like it would be a very simple thing to implement.

I've often wondered the same thing idylatoo. I think maybe the technology hasn't caught up with us yet here in the survey takers world online. Maybe something else entirely. It does seem like it would be a very simple thing to implement.

Yeah. After seeing various things in various places about surveys (vague, I know, sorry!) I think some of those repetitive qualifying questions/answers are to track our validity. I try not to get too annoyed at pre-qualifying questions no matter how dumb I think they are because there could be a good reason they're asking them. I have little to no experience being on the other side of survey taking so I just go with it. Until they give me a huge grid to fill out then I politely close out. :lol:

because there could be a good reason they're asking them.

Yeah, but asking someone who is taking a survey if they are 1 year old? :lol:

Someone posted about those surveys and said that it's usually stuff like seeing if the child recognizes a popular character or product. While it's FOR young children, it's not something they expect them to complete on their own.

I did a survey yesterday and it ask "Including yourself, how many adult and children are living in your house", so I put 3 down. The next question was "how many children are in these age ranges", we don't have any children in our house so I marked Zero in each of them. Something came up saying it does not match your prior answer to the last question or something like that. So I was like okay, I put down 1. Same thing came up again. So I put down 2, same thing came up again. So I put down 3 and was able to move on! :shock: They ask us for Honest Answers, but sometimes they force us to lie! 8)

the worst is the dvd survey that does that.. it asks how many dvd's, blue rays, rentals, on demands you've purchased.. and it remembers the first totals.. then the questions will branch off still asking from time to time how many you have.. and it stops you every time if you don't get the answer right.

I just attemped to do a survey for SH There were some normal questions at first How often I go to the movies how often I volunter and then the third question was Have I ever driven a spaceship answered no and was DQ.