Lightspeed Panel & Complaint to Survey Police

jellyfish

Hello everyone,

I had no problems with Lightspeed Panel until recently. In December, they requested from me my Capital One Credit Card Terms & Conditions. It was stated if I sent them in, I would receive 2300 points. To date I have received no points. I sent them at my expense, and I have contacted "Lauren" at least 7 times to no avail. I get no response, and I have not been credited with any points.

I filed a complaint with Survey Police last month, and for a while it was showing up under my account but it no longer is. I cannot even view the complaint, and it has not been posted. I wrote Survey Police about this last week or the week before, and I have gotten no response from them either.

This entire situation is quite frustrating. I would appreciate any suggestions, or similar experiences.

Hi - I am with the UK arm of Light speed panel and have no probs actually being allocated points and I get my reward I order with my points almost instantly, e.g. HMV electronic voucher...it took 3 minutes for one to arrive last night!! so no complaints there...my problem is that my children have both completed surveys for them and they had individual incentives of "kids vouchers" which in the past have proved to be Amazon vouchers for £5 or £10 but I have not received these yet, although Lauren very kindly wrote to me and she said that they would take 4-6 weeks.....this time limit has not yet expired so I am willing to wait, but in my experience it seems that they do take a long time to respond to queries, and they also take a long time to dole out individual incentives by email, although points adding has never been a problem for my account...I hope you guys get things resolved shortly and I am sorry you are having problems, it seems that we all have good and bad experiences depending on which side of the water we come from!

good luck on resolution

LizzieAnn

Thanks everyone for your comments/suggestions!

To my utter shock, I logged in to Lightspeed today to find my points credited in full! I just redeemed them. So, in that regard I am very pleased. However, their customer service is completely lacking to the point of being nonexistent. I am very grateful this has been resolved, however I don't know how or why. LOL

As I'd said previously, I'd had no problems with them until this incident. I'd been quite pleased with them but this is a big issue IMO. Just ignoring their panel members completely like this is no way to do business.

Thanks again everyone - feel free to continue to post your experiences with Lightspeed in this thread.

The whole Capital One credit card thing is news to me. I very seldom even take their surveys so that may be why I didn't know. The surveys are always lengthy with minimal points...well, to me anyway.

Took me a fair while to get enough points but I got my e-voucher immediately. I was actually hoping for a paper version (it wasn't clear on ordering) as I wished to give as a gift and somehow the electronic version didn't seem appropriate.

I agree pinki, I got my e-voucher instantly too, which was great, although at an average of 110 per survey, it only really takes Five Surveys to make it, its just that sometimes you have trouble qualifying, dont you?

I like the one-off surveys that pay you in what they call "kids vouchers" - my two children have both taken one-offs and the first one, got £10 amazon voucher for, then £5 amazon for the next two....however, what they call kids vouchers are always amazon vouchers...something for the kids there, I think, and for mums and dads too!

I like them, but has anyone ever won anything in their free prize draws?

LizzieAnn :D

I agree pinki, I got my e-voucher instantly too, which was great, although at an average of 110 per survey, it only really takes Five Surveys to make it, its just that sometimes you have trouble qualifying, dont you?

I like the one-off surveys that pay you in what they call "kids vouchers" - my two children have both taken one-offs and the first one, got £10 amazon voucher for, then £5 amazon for the next two....however, what they call kids vouchers are always amazon vouchers...something for the kids there, I think, and for mums and dads too!

I like them, but has anyone ever won anything in their free prize draws?

LizzieAnn :D

Today I did a survey for them; was originally worth 150 points. When I completed that part of the survey, I was given the option to continue on for another 150 points; a total of 300 points to be credited to me. I continued on and completed the survey, being told at the end that my account would be credited with 300 points.

I only got 150.

I know there is absolutely NO point in trying to contact them as they will just completely ignore me.

/sigh/ So frustrating. :roll:

That is just not right, jellyfish. That irks me :evil:

You should email them and hopefully you'll get the same results as you did before. They may not reply to your email but they may credit your account...most likely late but credited nonetheless.

I know it's frustrating. SurveySpot has yet to answer my email. I'm fully prepared to fire off more of them. I cannot fathom how these survey companies think that they don't have to answer our emails. Without us there'd be no them!

Thank you surveytaker, you really nailed it with your comments.

I am really angry at this point. Remember how I said they didn't credit me with the full 300 points they were supposed to? It's gotten worse. I checked my points balance this morning to find that they TOOK AWAY THE 150 THEY HAD GIVEN ME! It's now under "forfeited" and I have 0 points.

Time to file another Survey Police complaint.

I am seriously considering writing Lightspeed off.

:evil::evil::evil:

I can't get over how they had the nerve to do that! And with no explanation of why they've taken back the 150 points I presume?! :evil:

I'm happy to see that you are filing a complaint. I for one can't see doing any more of their surveys. If they've done this to you who's to say they won't do it to any one of us.

Please let us know how it turns out.

They claim it was an overpayment. In actuality it was an underpayment!

And, the sky must be falling; pigs must be flying, and hell must be freezing over because I JUST GOT A RESPONSE FROM "LAUREN"!! :shock:

I think it would have been better if I hadn't! :evil:

"Thank you for contacting the Lightspeed Consumer Panel.

Due to an error, some panelists were awarded 2,300 Lightspeed Points

that they had not earned. These points have been removed from all

affected accounts. Your account should now reflect the correct amount

of Lightspeed Points. We are very sorry for any confusion this may have

caused."

WHAT?! I was owed that 2300 points, that was the whole point of my ORIGINAL complaint. I finally get that, then write to her about something else and she says that she's taking away my 2300 points again?! My balance still says 0, the 150 still taken away. Does she expect me to do surveys for free until this 2300 points I EARNED is "paid back"?

I wrote her back and explained it to her AGAIN and said she owes me 300 points.

I am livid. :evil: