Springboard America Bombshell

ksedwar

We are going to stop sending payments via PayPal and start sending you Amazon gift cards. The benefit to you is you will receive your reward within 2 weeks!! Even faster than receiving a check!

I have been working towards the $50 cash out for quite a while now. I'm finally getting close and they decide to yank the rug out from underneath me. I'm going to be pretty disappointed if they take the PayPal option away. They don't send many surveys so getting to $50 is a big deal!

That's a shame! It's like a bait & switch sort of thing, as Springboard knows that many people specifically do these surveys to earn cash and then they switch it up on you before you get to the cashout point. I think that's awful. (I had a similar experience with Panda Research a couple of years ago, in which I was almost at the point where I could cash out for a $50 PayPal and they suddenly changed their rules right before I got to $50, making it so that I could not claim the $50 I had earned.) Springboard should at least let you claim what you have already earned in cash, as that's what you were working towards, and then any subsequent earnings could be applied to Amazon. You might not have wasted your time on them in the first place if you knew you could only get an Amazon card!

Amazon is nice and all, but it doesn't help me pay bills! I use any and all Amazon gift cards I've received, but if a survey or rewards site has any sort of cash/check/Visa/Master Card/AmEx gift card option I will go for that first, as I can apply that money towards bills, groceries and other things. With Amazon gift cards, you can only use them on Amazon! It's a limited field.

I basically ignore almost all Springboard surveys now, unless I have nothing else to do and need to occupy my time. I could see early on that it was going to take me years before I got to $50, and now that I've read your post about the Amazon thing I will certainly be skipping any and all Springboard surveys from now on! I usually put the places that only reward in gift certificates or Amazon at the bottom of the priority list and get to them only if I have time.

My fear is, how many of the remaining survey/rewards sites that actually pay in cash will follow suit and start issuing Amazon and other gift certs in place of PayPals, etc.? I have a bad feeling that more of them are heading in that direction.

They sent me a Lifestyle survey by email today and at the end of the survey it informs you of the new Amazon cards and has a comment box. Check the Springboard site or your email and take the survey to give your input. I wasn't nasty but did voice my displeasure very clearly.

I read really bad things about them, so I never joined. Now I'm glad. If Amazon would let you buy other gift cards with your gift card balance, that would be great. Then I could get gift cards for things I need like Home Depot, AutoZone etc, but they won't.

I read really bad things about them, so I never joined. Now I'm glad. If Amazon would let you buy other gift cards with your gift card balance, that would be great. Then I could get gift cards for things I need like Home Depot, AutoZone etc, but they won't.

I know Amazon wont let you buy any gc at all with the money you earn,like you if they would then I would also.I haven't gotten a survey from them in awhile so I didn't know about the change.Why are all the companies going for Amazon?Is PayPal charging to much for their service?I mean fifty for PayPal I can almost understand but for a AGC I don't understand that one.If that's the case then they should lower the threshold.

It took me 2 years to cash out one time with these jokers. As soon as I got the check, I gave them the boot. Total waste of my time over 2 years.

Damn it. After nearly three years, I am at $49.75, and they pull this BS. I hate Amazon cards, and everyone is going to them. I need money, I don't need to buy crap on Amazon!

I'm sure many companies are turning to Amazon gift codes because they get a discount for buying in bulk + there are no fees. If they are going to offer gift cards though, they should offer a variety, and include things like Visa gift cards that you can use like a debit card. Amazon isn't the only place that people shop, even online.

It took me 2 years to cash out one time with these jokers.
Damn it. After nearly three years, I am at $49.75

*blinks*

Wow, it takes that long to cashout?

Damn it. After nearly three years, I am at $49.75, and they pull this BS. I hate Amazon cards, and everyone is going to them. I need money, I don't need to buy crap on Amazon!

Exactly! Same here. I don't use my survey earnings to shop unless I am forced into an Amazon or Overstock gift card, with no other option. The only thing I would want to shop for at Amazon would be other gift cards that I can use like money, and that's not possible on their site! I need money or anything that can be used like money to apply towards bills. So when I earn bits of cash or Visa/MC/AmEx gift cards from survey sites and rewards sites, whether it's $3 or $10 or $25, I apply it towards online bill paying or towards groceries. (I can make $3 or $10 go a long way at my grocery store or at the 99 Cent Store!) There was one time when I had 15 cents left over on a visa gift card, and none of the sites on which I pay bills online would accept any money under $1.00. So I ended up calling in a payment to my power company, and the phone system took the 15 cents! I will use every last penny of my earnings if it is cash or anything like cash.

I think that there are a lot of people who are doing surveys and using rewards sites specifically to earn actual money or Visa/AmEx gift cards - probably more people than ever. The survey places know this, and yet they want to force these Amazon gift cards on everyone because it benefits them to do it that way.

You should write to them and complain, telling them they pulled a bait and switch on you and that you spent 3 years of your life trying to earn cash...which you were just about to claim. Not that Springboard would necessarily respond or care, but it's worth mentioning to them because I think it is highly unfair on their parts to do this.

What I do with the AGC is buy gifts for my family.Only thing is I'm a savvy shopper and check several places for the price.Sometimes Amazon prices are higher.Then the cash (from the gifts)I save buying with the AG certificate goes in a separate fund if I need to have cash on hand .(my mind isn't working good today,does that make sense?)

Exactly! Same here. I don't use my survey earnings to shop unless I am forced into an Amazon or Overstock gift card, with no other option. The only thing I would want to shop for at Amazon would be other gift cards that I can use like money, and that's not possible on their site! I need money or anything that can be used like money to apply towards bills. So when I earn bits of cash or Visa/MC/AmEx gift cards from survey sites and rewards sites, whether it's $3 or $10 or $25, I apply it towards online bill paying or towards groceries. (I can make $3 or $10 go a long way at my grocery store or at the 99 Cent Store!) There was one time when I had 15 cents left over on a visa gift card, and none of the sites on which I pay bills online would accept any money under $1.00. So I ended up calling in a payment to my power company, and the phone system took the 15 cents! I will use every last penny of my earnings if it is cash or anything like cash.

I think that there are a lot of people who are doing surveys and using rewards sites specifically to earn actual money or Visa/AmEx gift cards - probably more people than ever. The survey places know this, and yet they want to force these Amazon gift cards on everyone because it benefits them to do it that way.

You should write to them and complain, telling them they pulled a bait and switch on you and that you spent 3 years of your life trying to earn cash...which you were just about to claim. Not that Springboard would necessarily respond or care, but it's worth mentioning to them because I think it is highly unfair on their parts to do this.

It is worth a shot-once a long time ago when I was with Homescan I was like 100 points shy of getting a kitchen island.They were close to getting rid of their catalog and I knew I wasn't going to be able to earn that many points in the allotted time so I emailed them.They let me have the island and boy was I relieved.To this day I still have the island in my kitchen,that thing was worth about $300 dollars and took me 5 years to earn.So I would definitely stress to them how long it took to achieve this goal and why you need the money.You never know the person on the other end may actually have a heart.

No, it IS being lied to. I am pretty tired of being ignored and pushed around. Makes me feel like boiling a bunny. LOL My luck, I'd get a survey on my bunny boiling experience..

Well. There is still a cash option. Just not PayPal.

Just to clarify, we are only replacing PayPal with the Amazon gift cards. You will still be able to receive a check or make a charitible donation, as payment options.