MySurvey Product Test Never Arrived?

Sherry67

Have you ever received an email from one of your survey panels that said a PT had been sent to you...but you never received the product??

Today I got an email from mysurvey that said "Recently you or someone in your household received a product to use and test. Today's survey is about that product and how it was used." There was no indication about what this item is or when it was sent out. I don't know why they can't just tell people "We are sending you a product by XYZ date via UPS," or whatever it is, so at least we know to look out for such a package. If I click on the survey now, I will not be able to access the survey again if the product shows up.

I don't know what will happen -- maybe I will suddenly receive this product out of the blue, but so far I do not have it and I have no clue what it is. I am currently testing products for two other survey panels, but not for mysurvey. I do recall that one time -- about 3 years ago -- mysurvey sent me a survey to follow up on a product they supposedly sent me, but I didn't receive the product until a day or two later and I had already responded that I didn't have it by the time I got it.

Most of the time I have received PTs without issue, with a couple of exceptions: 1) In the last year, new apartment managers moved into my building and the UPS/FedEx people often leave my packages with them (even though I have repeatedly asked them not to). On one occasion last year, the managers held a PT package for me for 3 days before ever giving it to me (because they forgot to call me)...even though I was home the entire time and could have accepted the package myself. I was mad. I snapped at them and told them that I was not authorizing them to accept my packages and that they should tell UPS/FedEx to walk over to my door and knock. There have also been some instances of other tenants' packages being opened or 'tampered with' if they were left by the mail boxes for more than a day, so that leads me to think that some co-tenants are up to no good; 2) And then, on another occasion about 2 years ago, FedEx left a PT package for me -- the product was frozen and packed in dry ice -- outside of someone else's door, where it sat for an entire weekend because the tenants were out of town and I had no clue that my package was sitting outside of anyone else's door. I was LIVID. Furious.

mysurvey no longer takes phone calls, and their emails are so generic and non-specific. I wrote them and asked if they have a record of anyone signing for this package they supposedly sent me or if it is still on the way to me, and they will probably write back with something silly like, "Thank you for your interest in mysurvey. Occasionally you will not qualify for a survey..." :lol:

i had a pizza one a few days ago.. arrived at my door 60* and thawed so i emailed them about it.. haven't heard back yet.

avemaria -

Your pizza PT was from mysurvey? Was it at all edible, or did you just scrap it?

I only wish they (or anyone) would send me a pizza PT! I'd be all over that -- that is, assuming the box even got to me without my neighbors or apartment managers intercepting. :x I always have some sort of frozen pizza in my freezer.

I really have no clue what the PT that mysurvey supposedly sent me could be because I can't recall any recent surveys that I did for them which indicated I'd be testing anything. Certainly not pizza - I'd remember that one! I think there may have been a survey I did a few months ago -- probably for some paper products like bathroom tissue or paper towels -- that indicated I may be chosen to test the product, but I'd long forgotten about that and they sure didn't alert me. After a few months pass I just forget about whatever I "may" be chosen for and assume I was not chosen.

I am just hoping that my apartment managers or some evil fellow tenant didn't get their hands on whatever was sent to me because stupid UPS or FedEx have such a hard time actually coming straight to me with my packages, despite my repeated instructions. mysurvey won't re-send whatever it is, so I will lose out on the PT and the points. And I certainly hope they don't leave something frozen or otherwise edible for me outside on my managers' balcony -- we've been having 90+ degree weather lately and I will be furious if that happens again.

If these panels would just alert us when PTs are being sent and give a rough idea of when they could arrive (in 2 weeks, by June 20th, or some sort of vague idea), at least we would know to expect something and be on alert.

Have you checked their web site to make sure they have the correct address down?If so I sometimes get surveys on items that haven't arrived yet.It can take a few days to get to you. I f they send you a link it'll ask you if you have received the item or not just click I haven't received yet and then it'll say log back on as soon you receive it.If you don't get it then they'll know about it this way.

footfree -

They have my correct address and info -- it's the same info they have had on file since I've been a member (which has been years and years).

On one occasion I received a product a couple of days after they sent me the survey to get my opinion on that product. I clicked on the survey and answered that I had not received it (because at that point I hadn't yet gotten it) and I was not able to access that survey again when the product finally showed up. They do not always keep the links active. In fact, most of the surveys I do (8 out of every 10) on mysurvey cannot be accessed again after accessing them the first time. It's usually a 'once you start it you have to finish it in one sitting' sort of deal. It's always been that way for me.

I don't want to risk clicking on the link for the PT survey and losing out on my chance to take it if the product suddenly arrives. I'll wait another few days.

Anyway, mysurvey replied just a few seconds ago and said:

"Thanks for your email and for participating in this product test.

The product may still be en route to you, so please allow a couple more days. Unfortunately, products occasionally get misrouted and we have no more test products to send. Therefore, if you do not receive the product in the next few days, please disregard the survey related to the product.

However, feel free to use and enjoy the product if you do receive it."

So I will wait it out for a few days, and stalk the mailbox area in case the package ends up there.

I swear, if I find out that this PT has been sitting in someone's apartment or out on their balcony in the 90-degree heat, I will go off on someone! :lol: I've complained to the apartment managers and told them I don't want them accepting my packages when I'm home and can accept them myself. I've complained to UPS and told them to not hand my packages off to other people. They don't care. They will basically hand the packages off to anyone they can to save themselves time. UPS once told me that if they took the time to bring packages to the doors of each and every recipient, they'd "never get home at night." So that basically means, "We'll give your package to whomever we choose, and you have to trust that whomever we choose will get your package to you."

avemaria -

Your pizza PT was from MySurvey? Was it at all edible, or did you just scrap it?

no it was from someone else, i forget who.. but yeah, it was 60* and thawed so you don't want to mess with eating it.. can't figure out why they haven't replied back to me. Doesn't really matter anyhow as it's a brand of frozen pizza i've had hundreds of times so.

Have you ever received an email from one of your survey panels that said a PT had been sent to you...but you never received the product??

Nope, not so far. But I have gotten products to test and not received a follow-up. Which is fine by me if the product is a good one -- if they don't want my feedback and just wanted to give me a free gift, that's okay. :wink:

I only wish they (or anyone) would send me a pizza PT! I'd be all over that

There was a pizza PT around a couple of the sites not too long ago. I thought mine tasted fine but I think everyone got different flavors.

I love food product tests. I had one for a snack product recently and it was sooo good. :shock: The product hasn't hit the stores yet though, so in every free-response section in the follow-up I added that they should put it in the stores ASAP so I can buy it, lol.

SeriousSurveyer -

Free gifts are always good! :lol:

I know what you mean about testing food products. It's so much fun to test those when they come around. When doing a survey about a particular product you already love, or know that you would love if you tried it, do you ever find yourself thinking Please ask me to test this... ? :lol: I was doing an ice cream survey the other day, and then a snack cracker survey on the same day, and I was hoping there would be an invitation to test the products. Alas, no PTs. I always have some brand of frozen pizza in my freezer all the time (usually DiGiorno) and I would have loved a pizza test -- but I don't think I ever even did a pizza survey! The pizza survey never made it to me. Boo! :(

I usually do not get edible things to test. I'd say that in my entire history of survey-taking and product testing I've received more household products (detergents; fabric softeners; dish liquids; cleaners; paper towels and toilet paper) or personal care items (tons of shampoo and conditioner; toothpaste and body wash).

Of the edible variety, I have occasionally received some beverages to test (one full bottle of vitamin-fortified juice; an energy drink; some iced tea packets and I think I got a can of coffee to test out like 10 years ago). I have received a small frozen spaghetti and meatballs dinner (it was in generic packaging so I wouldn't know who the manufacturer was) to test; some oatmeal; a box of delicious chocolate toffee granola bars; a box of yogurt-covered granola bars; a $10 check to buy a Bertolli frozen meal (which was yummy); a Lean Cuisine skillet thing and Planters peanut butter.

And then I see other people's reports of how they're testing delicious chocolate candy, cookies stuffed with brownies and frozen pizzas! I rarely get those fun foods to test at all!

I have no clue what PT it is that mysurvey is trying to send me (or thought they sent me), but I'm sure it's not a tasty snack! It's probably another roll of paper towels or toilet paper or something! (Not that I can't use those things, but they're just not as fun!)

I just got a new PT for pizza. I think it got here on Friday, maybe Thursday. If it's the same PT then you might try emailing the PT company instead of the survey panel. Markettools is responsible for the product. mysurvey is responsible for the survey.

support232 (at) markettools.com

I just got a new PT for pizza. I think it got here on Friday, maybe Thursday. If it's the same PT then you might try emailing the PT company instead of the survey panel. Markettools is responsible for the product. MySurvey is responsible for the survey.

support232 (at) markettools.com

i got a reply back saying they don't have anymore pizzas to send.. so i just did the survey anyhow as i've had these hundreds of times.

When doing a survey about a particular product you already love, or know that you would love if you tried it, do you ever find yourself thinking Please ask me to test this... ? :lol:

Lol, yes, I do that with some food products. The other product tests I like are certain personal care products like cosmetics and perfume.

You've never had a pizza survey? How is that possible? I seem to have a couple every month. Some are on frozen pizza but many are about the chain pizza places like Pizza Hut and Papa John's.

There was a stretch when I only had food PTs, but most of the ones I've done recently have been inedible.

I see other people's reports of how they're testing delicious chocolate candy, cookies stuffed with brownies and frozen pizzas!

I've gotten chocolate candy. I was really excited about it because I love chocolate and the description and picture were delicious....Then it arrived and it was one little sliver of chocolate. :?

It also came with pages of questions to prep for the follow-up survey. I thought, "I'm supposed to evaluate this?" It was literally smaller than one of those Fun Size chocolates, and much thinner too.

Cookies stuffed with brownies? Where can I get that? :)

I'd agree with your idea that the mysurvey PT was toilet paper or paper towel. There are so many of those and they are easy to forget.

I got 2 bottles of Windex recently.Here you can read what happened

Here is what they said in their email

, please put the completed "USE FIRST" diary into the postage paid envelope and save it; later we will ask you to mail it back to us along with the "USE SECOND" diary when complete.

I never received a postage paid envelope.So if you would like me to send it back you will have to mail me a envelope. Last I I did a pt for datatelligence they said I would receive a $5 gift code and I never received it so I'm skeptical I will receive my incentive for this project.So I will not pay to send it back to you.I will return it to you ,but you will have to send me the envelope.

Their response

Hello,

I am looking into this and should be able to get back to you by Monday about it.

Guess what ?Never heard back. Guess what?Not getting it back without a postage paid envelope.

I've gotten chocolate candy. I was really excited about it because I love chocolate and the description and picture were delicious....Then it arrived and it was one little sliver of chocolate. :?

It also came with pages of questions to prep for the follow-up survey. I thought, "I'm supposed to evaluate this?" It was literally smaller than one of those Fun Size chocolates, and much thinner too.

I got that too. Even worse was my sample tasted like it was made by first graders, HORRIBLE. As small as it was I should have been able to eat all of it but I think I barely got through just a few nibbles. Yuck!

A few weeks back I got an iced tea PT. They wanted me to try three different kinds over a week or so and then let finish the survey. There was no follow up email and when I finally found the survey link I was one day late to submit my final answers. That was pretty bad on their part. Just send a PT with very little instructions then close it without any warning to the testers.

I got that too. Even worse was my sample tasted like it was made by first graders, HORRIBLE. As small as it was I should have been able to eat all of it but I think I barely got through just a few nibbles. Yuck! I have more respect now for chocolate makers. It can really be bad if they don't know what they are doing.

A few weeks back I got an iced tea PT. They wanted me to try three different kinds over a week or so and then finish the survey. There was no follow up email and when I finally found the survey link I was one day late to submit my final answers. That was pretty bad on their part. Just send a PT with very little instructions then close it without any warning to the testers.

ksedwar,

You had that one too? Lol, I won't mention the company behind the PT because I've had better tests in the past, so I'll just write that one down as a fluke.

My chocolate tasted normal. It was milk chocolate, but I think others had dark chocolate...Mine tasted similar to the chocolate used in Kit Kat bars. It wasn't as high quality as I expected though, and not as good as other chocolates I buy.

As far as them closing the follow-up survey before you got to it: I'm always surprised at how lax some companies are about their product tests where others will fill your inbox with reminders if you don't finish the follow-up the same day they send it out.