Ipoll Frustration

avemaria

i typically use Chrome as my browser so i keep falling for the $2.50 survey that only allows Explorer and Firefox.. they don't give you the option of switching browsers, you just answer, no i can't use those browsers and you're cut from it.

I wish they would let you restart the surveys like OO does. I was partially thru one of the higher paying surveys and encountered a video page that required flash be enabled. Since flash slows my computer down so much, I normally have it disabled. I could not re-enter the survey once I enabled flash even though the survey said to enable or install it and click on the invitation to resume. Well, iPoll doesn't have invitations on the dashboard, so I lost the survey (not that I would've qualified for it anyway--iPoll d/q's me constantly anymore).

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• avemaria

• Huntress

• peach6

• 1957horses

i typically use Chrome as my browser so i keep falling for the $2.50 survey that only allows Explorer and Firefox.. they don't give you the option of switching browsers, you just answer, no i can't use those browsers and you're cut from it.
Every time I try for them and I do use Internet Exployer I either DQ or the quota is full and there seems to be a lot of those lately.I think I am doing worse now with them since they changed the name.

I use Firefox and keep getting d/q'ed so I think it's something else besides the browsers we use. It's very frustrating to keep clicking on these surveys and hardly ever being able to complete one

it's definitely not the browsers that's for sure.. they've gone to hell lately.. the only good thing is i'm so used to which ones not to click on i just avoid them.

Did anybody do a 90 point survey on ipoll about batteries, and at the end it asked if you wanted to do an additional survey for $10.00 about what batteries were in your remotes/flashlights/ect were you store them........ect???..................... :roll:

I foolishly forgot to take a screenshot of the invite and now I don't know if I will ever see that $10.00.................. :cry:

I'm so pi$$ed at myself, as soon as I clicked "go to survey" I thought, "o darn"............... :?

Did anybody do a 90 point survey on ipoll about batteries, and at the end it asked if you wanted to do an additional survey for $10.00 about what batteries were in your remotes/flashlights/ect were you store them........ect???..................... :roll:

I foolishly forgot to take a screenshot of the invite and now I don't know if I will ever see that $10.00.................. :cry:

I'm so pi$$ed at myself, as soon as I clicked "go to survey" I thought, "o darn"............... :?

YEA................ :D

(I think)

I emailed them last night as soon as I finished the darn thing and got back an email this morning saying in 3 weeks they will send it out to me. (fingers crossed)............................. :D

"You will receive the reward for this study in approximately 3 weeks via mail."................ 8)

I am still waiting to see if I get credit for doing the 7 day diary. If they give me credit for all that I did I should get around $30.

• 1 month later...

I don't know if it will help any of you, but I'm unable to take iPoll surveys using anything but Firefox (I am on Windows XP OS and the latest browser I can use is IE8 and I tried Chrome). I emailed iPoll about the problem and this is what I was told:

I would request you to please delete your cookies before login into your panel account. I would also request you to please use Firefox or IE9 as browser while accessing the website as this is the most compatible browser for our website.

My opinion of them is very low on the totem poll since they disabled my dashboard from taking any surveys because according to them I had 5 speedy surveys but I have not had an invalid in over a year.I asked them to reconsider and there answer was no.

Every time I try for them and I do use Internet Exployer I either DQ or the quota is full and there seems to be a lot of those lately.I think I am doing worse now with them since they changed the name.

im in the 90% DQer's :x

Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't think browsers have anything to do with getting DQ'ed or not--and yes I am DQ'ed from at least 90% and probably more like 95% of the surveys. I was only posting the reply I got from them about browsers because I thought it might solve some technical problems anyone was having.