Pinecone is growing again. good or bad?

theskyhunter

got one of those emails wanting me to refer them to other households. im kinda worried about it when one of our panels say they are growing. it seems that when one does grow,thats when things start changing.. for the bad. : :( . its seems the more people they have on their panels, well ...its like them saying "we cant afford to keep paying all these higher $ amounts to this many people, so they have to do the dreaded "rollbacks" on their surveys. like charging extra for Gift Cards, paypal and visa cards etc. ive seen it happen too many times already. the pattern just really stands out. i really think this one of the major problems thats going on now.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theskyhunter

• footfree

• avemaria

• Huntress

yep. always a good idea to take your rewards when possible. You never know when things will change without warning. And I like Pinecone. For a while it was the best survey company I had. But not only have there been big changes, I've been getting very few opportunities lately. And noticing that they will use other survey sites like OO with a far lower payout makes me wonder how much of the cost reduction is going to be borne by the panelists.

Well, it's too early to say what exactly will happen with this "growing"......

But from my observation, my Pinecone invites have really slowed down a lot this month, so it would seem to conflict a lot with the "we need more people, damn it!" plea for help.

Well, it's too early to say what exactly will happen with this "growing"......

But from my observation, my pinecone invites have really slowed down a lot this month, so it would seem to conflict a lot with the "we need more people, damn it!" plea for help.

My exact thoughts, actually. I rarely ever get a Pinecone survey anymore. So why they'd need even more panelists--when they don't have enough surveys for the current panelists-- is beyond me.

I got 3 of these over the last month as well. Maybe if they offered some kind of incentive we would make more of an effort to get them members :D

I received 3 surveys this month myself.I cant recommend them to anyone I don't know anyone else who does survey.Plus if I told them the pay they probably wouldn't join.Well I actually did know one person but they live in Alaska and if memory serves me right they don't let people in Alaska do surveys.Well I mean I guess they will let them but they wont ship PT'S to them.From what I've read most survey companies exclude Hawaii and Alaska.

From what I can tell, when Pinecone says they're "growing" it means they're refreshing their panel. In other words, they have dropped or will drop some members and are looking for new ones.

From what I can tell, when Pinecone says they're "growing" it means they're refreshing their panel. In other words, they have dropped or will drop some members and are looking for new ones.

RHUTTT_ROHHH!!!

• 2 weeks later...

That's because once you turn 50 yo, they give you the boot from what I read online.

"From what I can tell, when Pinecone says they're "growing" it means they're refreshing their panel. In other words, they have dropped or will drop some members and are looking for new ones."

That's because once you turn 50 yo, they give you the boot from what I read online.

I just started with Pinecone a couple of months ago & am getting several surveys a week. They pay fast! You won't get rich but it's steady, fairly quick and as I said, the $$ in Paypal within a couple of days

I just turned 50 and I'm still with them.However I think my saving grace is my 13 year old.

I just turned 50 and I'm still with them.However I think my saving grace is my 13 year old.

Same here.