Pinecone is growing again. good or bad?

theskyhunter

I am not getting very many either from them and I noticed with the last 2 PT I did for them that I did not receive the follow up survey for at least 3 weeks after trying the product which I thought was odd it's a good thing I took notes or I would have forgotten if I liked the product or not.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theskyhunter

• footfree

• avemaria

• Huntress

skyhunter do you still have that referral email? i did get a 'sweep entry' survey from OO yestereday and it was to join Pinecone

no i sure havent. but sign up to nikkisfreebiejeebies.com's daily newsletter. they usually have an invite for Pinecone every few weeks on there. plus you can get alot of free samples there too.

"From what I can tell, when Pinecone says they're "growing" it means they're refreshing their panel. In other words, they have dropped or will drop some members and are looking for new ones."

That's because once you turn 50 yo, they give you the boot from what I read online.

oh no dont tell me that! im almost 58. knock on wood, i get 4 or more a month. i hope the age thing isnt true. thats why in an earlier post i was asking if anyone knew of any survey panels just for people 50 and over.

From what I can tell, when Pinecone says they're "growing" it means they're refreshing their panel. In other words, they have dropped or will drop some members and are looking for new ones.

That's because once you turn 50 yo, they give you the boot from what I read online.

I just turned 50 and I'm still with them.However I think my saving grace is my 13 year old.

i think my 17 yr old daughter and 51 yr old wife is whats helping keep me in there also. but i have to say most of the invites are still for me. around 90% or more.

I've been a member of Pinecone since 2008. In the last year or so, the survey invitations have dropped dramatically, and now apparently have stopped altogether (haven't received one since April). I just emailed to ask if I was still in the database, or if there was some other problem. Methinks they have just dropped me for being too 'old' as far as member longevity :(

skyhunter do you still have that referral email? i did get a 'sweep entry' survey from OO yestereday and it was to join Pinecone

no i sure havent. but sign up to nikkisfreebiejeebies.com's daily newsletter. they usually have an invite for Pinecone every few weeks on there. plus you can get alot of free samples there too.

cool i'll try that.. i had a family member sign up last year when i couldn't get in but i'd like to try and get in myself as they don't use the pc much..

I've been a member of Pinecone since 2008. In the last year or so, the survey invitations have dropped dramatically, and now apparently have stopped altogether (haven't received one since April). I just emailed to ask if I was still in the database, or if there was some other problem. Methinks they have just dropped me for being too 'old' as far as member longevity :(

they're still there, though as you noticed, it's a dry spell right now.. but my dad is 65 and does Pinecone..

Nope, they dumped me. Here's the email I got this morning:

Thank you for your email.

Periodically we have found it necessary to refresh the composition of

our research panel in order to stay current with changes in the general

population and to provide clients with the broadest possible spectrum of

consumer opinions. In doing so, on occasion we have had to discontinue

the membership of some of our panelists.

Your household was on the list for deactivation and subsequently removed

from the panel.

Although we are unable to reactivate your membership, we appreciate your

past participation and interest in the panel.

Nice.

At least they had the courtesy to email you. I can't think of any other site that would have done that.

Nope, they dumped me. Here's the email I got this morning:
Thank you for your email.

Periodically we have found it necessary to refresh the composition of

our research panel in order to stay current with changes in the general

population and to provide clients with the broadest possible spectrum of

consumer opinions. In doing so, on occasion we have had to discontinue

the membership of some of our panelists.

Your household was on the list for deactivation and subsequently removed

from the panel.

Although we are unable to reactivate your membership, we appreciate your

past participation and interest in the panel.

Nice.

At least they had the courtesy to email you. I can't think of any other site that would have done that.

I think you have to email them first (Ratsing sent an email); they won't just send you an email telling you you've been dropped.

I heard from them multiple times a week until about 3 weeks ago, then nothing. Ever. I had not worked with them but maybe 3 months but I feel like maybe I already got the boot. Anyone else encounter this?

eegggaaaaddddds! all this has got me feeling like im on borrowed time with them. :(

We all know they send out the household surveys.I would think they base our answers on those as to how many surveys we will be sent.The less you say you buy some these products then the less chance they will send you out a survey.I by all means am not saying to lie about products you buy or don't buy. It's just the way I see it.I mean that if they have no need for you based on your answers then your odds of getting cut just went up.