Opinion Outpost going downhill

Huntress

Okay I thought getting this yesterday from iPoll was bad enough:

Survey #: 236538

Survey Length: 10 Minutes

Reward Amount: $0.01

And then there's always the typical 'no reward' or 10 cent(i.e., 10 points for 15 minute, etc) reward from SurveySpot.

Well, now Opinion Outpost just had this survey posted today:

Earn 1 prize draw entry!

survey length: 60 minutes

reward: 1 Prize Draw Entry

wow--a 'prize drawing entry' for an entire hour of my time.

I clicked on the start survey, just to get it off my options--I had NO intention of actually taking it--just clicking on it and closing the tab so I could go on to a worthwhile survey. THEN I was met by this message when I clicked on the start survey:

Please note that the scenarios in this survey reference a $10 reward, which is meant to represent the approximate value of the reward offered for this survey. The $10 referenced is not an additional incentive on top of the reward mentioned in the survey details page.

Sure enough, I clicked on continue out of curiosity and it was the second part of a 2 part survey promising $10. Ummmm......really? a lousy 'prize drawing entry' is worth $10? Not to me. I could see if the survey reward was 100 points for 1 hr., which would be $10 for an OO reward. But ZERO points?

Oh, and then, to add to my growing negativity with OO--I got in my email an invitation to complete the second half of a survey I took via OO last night. BUT the invitation came via SurveySpot. Granted it was a 10 minute survey for 300 points, which is a fortune by SS standards ($3). I took it because it was not coming up on OO for me, but now I'm stuck with 300 points at SS that I doubt I'll ever redeem--it takes 1000 points to cashout there and at 10 points for 15 to 30 minutes of my time, no way am I taking SS surveys.

anyone else notice similar patterns or have similar problems?

I used to be all rah-rah OO, but wow, not anymore!

And then there's always the typical 'no reward' or 10 cent(i.e., 10 points for 15 minute, etc) reward from SurveySpot.

Earn 1 prize draw entry!

I clicked on the start survey, just to get it off my options--I had NO intention of actually taking it--just clicking on it and closing the tab so I could go on to a worthwhile survey. THEN I was met by this message when I clicked on the start survey:

Please note that the scenarios in this survey reference a $10 reward, which is meant to represent the approximate value of the reward offered for this survey. The $10 referenced is not an additional incentive on top of the reward mentioned in the survey details page.

Sure enough, I clicked on continue out of curiosity and it was the second part of a 2 part survey promising $10. Ummmm......really? a lousy 'prize drawing entry' is worth $10? Not to me. I could see if the survey reward was 100 points for 1 hr., which would be $10 for an OO reward. But ZERO points?

Oh, and then, to add to my growing negativity with OO--I got in my email an invitation to complete the second half of a survey I took via OO last night. BUT the invitation came via SurveySpot. Granted it was a 10 minute survey for 300 points, which is a fortune by SS standards ($3). I took it because it was not coming up on OO for me, but now I'm stuck with 300 points at SS that I doubt I'll ever redeem--it takes 1000 points to cashout there and at 10 points for 15 to 30 minutes of my time, no way am I taking SS surveys.

You can get a $5.00 amazon for 500 points on SS, it is better to get something then nothing, that is if you want to try for 200 more points............... :wink:

You can get a $5.00 amazon for 500 points on SS, it is better to get something then nothing, that is if you want to try for 200 more points............... :wink:

Oh, thanks! I hadn't noticed that!

Oh, thanks! I hadn't noticed that!

Glad to help................ :wink:

When they first joined together I did a $25.00 survey on survey spot but they put my rewards on OO.

today ss had a 450 point 45 min survey, I dq'd of course.

Anybody else get this notice from OO??

Dear ,

The community is implementing a process of updating its User Agreements on an annual basis with the goal to ensure that members receive the most up-to-date information regarding their membership. When you see the prompt below before taking a survey, please accept the new information. If you do not accept before November 30, 2013 your membership will become inactive. We hope you accept these updates and continue earning rewards and prizes.

Thanks for being a valued member!

Dear ,

The community is implementing a process of updating its User Agreements on an annual basis with the goal to ensure that members receive the most up-to-date information regarding their membership. When you see the prompt below before taking a survey, please accept the new information. If you do not accept before November 30, 2013 your membership will become inactive. We hope you accept these updates and continue earning rewards and prizes.

I got the same email early this morning.

Earn 1 prize draw entry!

I totally agree. They are on my drop list. :evil:

Dear ,

I got the same email early this morning.

me too!

Got this notice before a new survey.

SSI Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, and Cookie Notice Update

SSI is constantly reviewing our practices to ensure our panelists have the best experience. As part of that review, we have made some changes to our terms and conditions and privacy policy, and we developed a new notice regarding our use of cookies and similar technologies. In order to continue to participate in our surveys and earn rewards, you must accept these new terms by November 30, 2013. If we don’t hear from you affirmatively by November 30, we will assume you want us to terminate your account. If you choose not to accept the terms, we will be sad to see you go, but you will have until December 31, 2013 to redeem the points you have earned to date.

To continue to your next available survey and opportunity to earn rewards, please check the box below and click the “Accept” button.

After reading through the new documents, I'm not sure I want to continue with their service. Unless I misunderstood, they give themselves the right to give out personal identifiable information (PII) to anyone at anytime they please. This conflicts with their statements throughout the same policies stating they regard a user's privacy with the utmost concerns.

Have I misunderstood their policies, and is it much different from what it was previously?

It would appear that Opinion Outpost is getting more agressive with their tracking cookies, and given all the recent news about internet spying in the headlines, thought they should at least "warn" us first.

Not that they would actually stop tracking, of course.

And not that I'm not already doing all that I can to keep it to a minimum on my end. But just the fact that they are so open about admitting that they want to track me does not make me feel any better about sticking around for their rapidly declining website.

It used to take me a week to cash out at OO. I think the last cycle took me about 3 months. Maybe I can get 10 more bucks out of them before their tracking goes into hyper-drive?

It would appear that Opinion Outpost is getting more agressive with their tracking cookies, and given all the recent news about internet spying in the headlines, thought they should at least "warn" us first.

Not that they would actually stop tracking, of course.

And not that I'm not already doing all that I can to keep it to a minimum on my end. But just the fact that they are so open about admitting that they want to track me does not make me feel any better about sticking around for their rapidly declining website.

It used to take me a week to cash out at OO. I think the last cycle took me about 3 months. Maybe I can get 10 more bucks out of them before their tracking goes into hyper-drive?

Me too. I used to take (and complete) quite a few surveys a day, and be able to cash out at a rate of $10 every week to week and a half. Now I don't even get offered them--just 'update your profile' messages. And the few I do get, I get disqualified from for the most part.

Also I took a survey yesterday that was only supposed to be 5 or 10 minutes, I got 'accepted' for the second part that was supposed to take 45 minutes, when I clicked on continue and answered the first question, I got redirected to the 'you're not qualified' page and received no points--not even for the first part, which I completed. I emailed customer service about either correcting the error or explaining why I didn't even get the 10 minute survey reward points, instead of them just adding the points as they used to do, I got a response that their supervisor would have to investigate it or something along those lines. Still no response.

Yea Opinion Outpost used to be my favorite and they are real great but....I'm just getting tired of them. And I HATE where most of their surveys lead like OTX or Ipsos or nielson, etc...

However tho, I notice the less I attempt a survey with them, sometimes the better the survey incentive is. I got a survey invite for $5 yesterday. And another good amount the day before. Of course.........I didn't qualify for either but still :roll:

Opinion Outpost just had this survey posted today:

Earn 1 prize draw entry!

Well, there is certainly an easier way to get that 1 prize draw entry; dq yourself on the first couple of questions.

Please note that the scenarios in this survey reference a $10 reward, which is meant to represent the approximate value of the reward offered for this survey. The $10 referenced is not an additional incentive on top of the reward mentioned in the survey details page.[/i]

Hmmm, maybe the company was giving a smaller amount to offer only the second part to their panelists? It's true though, that OO pays themselves nicely for each survey...I remember getting a 10 point/$1 survey which I took directly from the marketing company for $5.