Opinion Outpost going downhill

Huntress

Got this notice before a new survey.
SSI Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, and Cookie Notice Update

SSI is constantly reviewing our practices to ensure our panelists have the best experience. As part of that review, we have made some changes to our terms and conditions and privacy policy, and we developed a new notice regarding our use of cookies and similar technologies. In order to continue to participate in our surveys and earn rewards, you must accept these new terms by November 30, 2013. If we don’t hear from you affirmatively by November 30, we will assume you want us to terminate your account. If you choose not to accept the terms, we will be sad to see you go, but you will have until December 31, 2013 to redeem the points you have earned to date.

To continue to your next available survey and opportunity to earn rewards, please check the box below and click the “Accept” button.

After reading through the new documents, I'm not sure I want to continue with their service. Unless I misunderstood, they give themselves the right to give out personal identifiable information (PII) to anyone at anytime they please. This conflicts with their statements throughout the same policies stating they regard a user's privacy with the utmost concerns.

Have I misunderstood their policies, and is it much different from what it was previously?

I don't think you have misunderstood anything. Our privacy has gone by the wayside. It seems as if third parties are taking over. I will be dropping them in a couple of days. :evil::evil:

I always check out the prize draw ones because lots of times they are either product tests or forum invites. You know that Ipsos survey that had the different advertising, then you have to "shop" and then watch a movie preview? The one that is like 40 minutes long and then sometimes has a 10 minute follow-up the next day? Well, they tried to get me to do one last week for a prize draw! LOL! So, instead, I got opted out and got...surprise...a prize draw.

If your lucky to get a survey and complete it don't expect to get anymore for the day because you will only get update....update.........update the rest of the day :cry:

If your lucky to get a survey and complete it don't expect to get anymore for the day because you will only get update....update.........update the rest of the day :cry:

Yeah, I noticed that.

i've filled out more useless profile info for this company than a pentagon applicant...

Do you fill out one every time??....................... :shock:

I filled it out once and that's it, same questions right??......................... :roll:

Next year I'll update, but not every time bI get that "sorry...............profile"..................... :idea:

Got this notice before a new survey.
SSI Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, and Cookie Notice Update

SSI is constantly reviewing our practices to ensure our panelists have the best experience. As part of that review, we have made some changes to our terms and conditions and privacy policy, and we developed a new notice regarding our use of cookies and similar technologies. In order to continue to participate in our surveys and earn rewards, you must accept these new terms by November 30, 2013. If we don’t hear from you affirmatively by November 30, we will assume you want us to terminate your account. If you choose not to accept the terms, we will be sad to see you go, but you will have until December 31, 2013 to redeem the points you have earned to date.

To continue to your next available survey and opportunity to earn rewards, please check the box below and click the “Accept” button.

After reading through the new documents, I'm not sure I want to continue with their service. Unless I misunderstood, they give themselves the right to give out personal identifiable information (PII) to anyone at anytime they please. This conflicts with their statements throughout the same policies stating they regard a user's privacy with the utmost concerns.

Have I misunderstood their policies, and is it much different from what it was previously?

You understood correctly. So much for privacy :evil::evil: