JD Power

peach6

This is the second time in the last week that I took a survey from them that took a lot less time then they said if I knew that was the last question I would have just stayed on the site and waited awhile just to stall so it looked like it was taking me longer.I did not speed through it just didn't take that long............wonder if it come back invalid

i always worry about that too.. by now i have a good feel as to when they're going to end, but you still get those ones that take you by surprise and don't have the 'ending' profile questions... it shouldn't come back invalid though because they have data on the entire section of the panel that took that survey.. they know the exact time you first click to enter the survey (click status).. they can see on a chart the percentages of people that finished in what time.. if everyone is pretty much the same there won't be a problem. This is one way I deal with them when i get cut late in a survey but don't have the number.. I know they have record of my entering the survey and at what time, and how long i spent on it.. so i just record the time and remind them i know they can see exactly what i'm talking about.

i always worry about that too.. by now i have a good feel as to when they're going to end, but you still get those ones that take you by surprise and don't have the 'ending' profile questions... it shouldn't come back invalid though because they have data on the entire section of the panel that took that survey.. they know the exact time you first click to enter the survey (click status).. they can see on a chart the percentages of people that finished in what time.. if everyone is pretty much the same there won't be a problem. This is one way I deal with them when i get cut late in a survey but don't have the number.. I know they have record of my entering the survey and at what time, and how long i spent on it.. so i just record the time and remind them i know they can see exactly what i'm talking about.

That's what they should do. If 90% of the people taking the survey finish in less than 10 minutes when the survey says 15 minutes, then they should realize that they overestimated the amount of time and not invalidate us. Since I never 'straight line' on purpose, etc. just to get thru the survey for the points, I never even thought about the time issue until I got 2 invalid surveys last week (apparently at least one of them was invalidated in error though). Now the time factor is always on my mind.

The problem is that if you're used to survey questions which are repeated over and over again, you don't have to 'carefully read' them after the, I dunno, 200th time the exact same question has been asked: employment status, racial category, income bracket, education level, occupation/industry, number of people in the household, their ages relationship to you, etc. You just can click thru those pretty rapidly, whereas the newbies might take awhile and throw off the time amount.

sites like GTM are easier to get through them faster.. i don't remember being cut for going too fast and I never spend the actual time on their surveys.. which is one reason i like that company.. so the amounts are actually higher if you factor in the reduced time it takes.. but for other sites like Ipoll and OO, I try to keep at 75% time and i know i'm safe.. if i 'feel' i've gone too fast, once i get to those final profile questions that end most of the surveys, i just leave that one open in its own tab and move on to something else in another.. and i'll answer the remaining ones like once a minute.

I received a survey for JD Power this morning in my email but since I had to leave to do an errand I thought I better not try to do it because I might be a speeder but I opened it when I got home and was surprised that it was still open and it was only for 10 minutes and that is what it took me but what really shocked me was that it was for 1.25 and I was credited the amount right away.Is this something new for them or I they going to take it away so they can put it in the pending status for 6-8 weeks?

• 2 weeks later...

I had a weird thing happen today. When I logged into my account it said I had $31.10 in my account. Then I tried to do a couple of surveys and noticed that it then said I had $17.55 in my account. I didn't think I had $31 in there, but thought some of the older ones had finally come through. Nope. That is just weird.

My suggestion: Do two surveys at a time. This will make it appear as if it is taking you double the time, when in actuality, you are getting double the work done. Most surveys take a lot less time than they state except for OO which always underestimates.

My suggestion: Do two surveys at a time. This will make it appear as if it is taking you double the time, when in actuality, you are getting double the work done. Most surveys take a lot less time than they state except for OO which always underestimates.

this is what i do..

I just tried to take a 25-minute JD Power study via iPoll--40 minutes into it, I got disqualified! :evil:

Was it the digital camera survey? By far the longest and worst survey I have ever taken.

• 3 weeks later...

Just clicked on a JD Power Survey that was to be 3 minutes long for 25 cents. Answered the 3 questions, where do you buy groceries, how would you like your store to improve, what affects the frequency of your visits, with 1 sentence responses and submitted the answers. A blue box appeared by EACH of my 1 sentence responses that said "input must be at least 300 characters long." Seriously!!! Who is going to write 900 words for 25 cents??

And while I'm ranting, I'd like to add that JD Power Panel still owes me for survey QG 236806 taken on 6/21 for $1.35 and survey QG 228475 taken on 5/30 for $1. I've sent 2 emails to customer support and haven't gotten a reply.

i got that one on Ipoll today. What a joke. 25 cents. I just kept typing. The best part? They put one of those pages beforehand that asks if you store your ice cream in the oven and want to visit Pangea. For 25 cents you are going to test me?

And while I'm ranting, I'd like to add that JD Power Panel still owes me for survey QG 236806 taken on 6/21 for $1.35 and survey QG 228475 taken on 5/30 for $1. I've sent 2 emails to customer support and haven't gotten a reply.

They owe me for one from June also plus a lot of other ones. I'm up to $30.00 and been waiting forever to cash out for something at $25.00 but they just won't give me credit for the last 45-cents I need. And I refuse to do anymore until I can at least cash out. I figure why should I enrich a company that has so little regard for me and doesn't even have the decency to answer emails.

That happens to me sometimes with the Instant.ly surveys. It says the survey will take 9 minutes and it's literally 3 questions with no classification questions to let you know it's about to end. I'm always afraid of invalids on those.

I am afraid of invalids on everything. They invalidated when they do not like your results "your responses are not consistent with the remaining interview" which basically means if the marketer is trying to get 95% of people to say they like something, and you don't, they invalidate your results so they can get the result they want. Of course, they refuse to explain what "your responses.....remaining interviews" means, so I assuming this. I have emailed them over 40 times for someone to explain this to me, and they refuse.