NPD/VIP Voice

jtruitt8

When VIP Voice took over NPD, they did not transfer points as they promised. When I called it to their attention, they promptly closed my account and I was out over 3200 points. This is not a good survey team. It is a reward system based on the most points bid, which means new people have almost no chance of ever winning. Also, those of us carrying over large amounts of points from NPD may find our points deleted and have ourselves put at a disadvantage quickly, being forced to start over just to get back to where we were. I urge anyone taking surveys to look elsewhere. :x

I haven't checked to see if I still have my "old" points from before the switch but now I'm going to and I will drop them IF my points are missing. Thanks for the heads-up.

The first time I had a survey from them after the changeover , I noted a couple of things. While my points were intact , the contests that I had put points into no longer existed and there were no posted winners for them either. Those points were lost. Also , as far as status goes , I was set back to the beginning and now have to earn the right to enter contests other than those for the low end prizes. The list of prizes to submit points for has also diminished quite a bit. You now have to options - there are prizes where you enter points in a lottery system and ones where you bid for the prize.

i only do their surveys because of these 2 things mostly. 1) they are short and sweet,very easy. 2) i actually won a sweep a couple years ago, a 24 bottle Franklin fridge. at the time it was worth around $300. i still have it. only opened the box to take a look at it. never used it. i dont drink, so it doesnt do me any good. tried to sell it, but no luck. :cry: i too am very upset with the NEW (:P ) name and site and their ridiculous tier thingy! :x i wrote them this email voicing my displeasure

"Hi,

Your ticket #749885 has been resolved. Please see below for the response to your inquiry.

Thank you for your participation on our survey team.

Regards,

Janet Hall

Summary: its the dumps

Problem Description: this new set-up you have is just crappy. i thought you said things were going to be better. phooey! this junk is for the birds. i hate this tier stuff. i thought you were going to start rewarding with cash options and all. im fixing to quit your panel. its not worth my time doing surveys for just stupid sweeps.

Additional Notes: [Janet Hall Aug 27 2013 12:58:54]

Hi Bobby,

Thank you for your feeback.

Regards,

Janet Hall

Director, Member Services"

how do yall like this reply people?

well one thing id like to know, how was it resolved ms Janet Hall????? :evil:

• 11 months later...

Hi- I know there aren't a lot of people that do their surveys. No, I have not won anything from their sweeps, but their surveys are easy to do. Well today I was informed that I had some more surveys to do on their site, and so I logged in. I did a few surveys, an then they asked me if I was willing to do surveys from their partners. I did about four of those, and of course got disqualified from all of them, and did not get any additional points. I still ended up with 1000 points all total. This time they did not give you a wheel to spin like they always do. I could have done more partner surveys, but I decided I was wasting my time, and decided to opt out of doing any more surveys. When I got to the partner surveys, they first asked me to give them some information, so they could send me more appropriate surveys. Oh well

In the last two weeks, I've won two magazine subscriptions and a free movie rental from a movie kiosk. I'm trying to use up my points so I can unsubscribe.The best chances of winning are in bidland, because if someone outbids you, you get your points back. Plus, you know the exact amount someone is bidding and you can bid one dollar over if you want.

Hi- I've always done the sweeps there, and I try to pick one that is not really hot. I often do the $100 cash. I have not won anything yet. I have never done bidland. I took a look at it, and it seems like some of the things people bid on aren't worth it. For instance you could bid on points, and the highest bid used more points than the person would be receiving in return. Can you accumulate your points and use them to bid? I never do the free magazines on the sweeps, even though I would probably eventually win, because they probably don't have any magazines I would be interested in, and I subscribe to one magazine now, and I got a really good deal on Amazon, and I got a two year subscription for $10. As far as the movie rentals go, you can get free rentals from redbox every couple of weeks, just by entering in whatever the code is for that deal. All the couponing sites list free redbox codes all the time. hip2save is one that does, and hot coupon world is another. There are lots more couponing sites on the web. There are two that are based in the Chicago area that I post at.

I also recently was on there to do the email announced survey and got the partner site ones to do as well. After 4-5 of them and going nowhere , I also opted out. No idea how many there were and it was getting tedious. No instant win game for me as well.

In all the years I have been doing that site , I have only won once and that was a free magazine subscription.

• 5 months later...

Hi- I was on VIP Voice a few minutes ago, and apparently, they have a new point system for people that have been on the site for a while, and now instead of just 200 points you can get up to 550 points per survey. I tried to do the first survey they gave me, and it was about what I had purchased in the last four weeks pertaining to electronics, DVDs, CDs, and similar stuff. I told them that I had purchased a CD in the last four weeks, but then they asked if I had purchased any CDs in the past seven days, and I said no, and I got D, which I never have before. I suspect that I am getting 200 points for attempting the survey. It then gave me another survey to try, and it was a Amazon one, where I had to log onto Amazon and download my purchase history for the last two years, and send it off to them. For doing that I would receive a $3 Amazon voucher. Did anybody else receive this survey? I have never gotten a survey like that from them before. It was always a straight 200 points, and then I could go to sweepsland or bidland, and try my hand at winning a prize. I always go to Sweepsland, and I have never won anything. They gave me instructions on how to download my purchase history on Amazon and send it to them. It just looked like it was not worth the $3, and I opted out.

One thing I noticed when I looked at the names of the sweepstakes winners, there was one person who had won the $100 prize twice in the last month. How is that possible? Most of the sweepstakes prizes that have any chance of winning are magazine subscriptions or holiday DVDs, which don't excite me. Thanks, Nancy

Hi- I was on VIP Voice a few minutes ago, and apparently, they have a new point system for people that have been on the site for a while, and now instead of just 200 points you can get up to 550 points per survey. I tried to do the first survey they gave me, and it was about what I had purchased in the last four weeks pertaining to electronics, DVDs, CDs, and similar stuff. I told them that I had purchased a CD in the last four weeks, but then they asked if I had purchased any CDs in the past seven days, and I said no, and I got D, which I never have before. I suspect that I am getting 200 points for attempting the survey. It then gave me another survey to try, and it was a Amazon one, where I had to log onto Amazon and download my purchase history for the last two years, and send it off to them. For doing that I would receive a $3 Amazon voucher. Did anybody else receive this survey? I have never gotten a survey like that from them before. It was always a straight 200 points, and then I could go to sweepsland or bidland, and try my hand at winning a prize. I always go to Sweepsland, and I have never won anything. They gave me instructions on how to download my purchase history on Amazon and send it to them. It just looked like it was not worth the $3, and I opted out.

One thing I noticed when I looked at the names of the sweepstakes winners, there was one person who had won the $100 prize twice in the last month. How is that possible? Most of the sweepstakes prizes that have any chance of winning are magazine subscriptions or holiday DVDs, which don't excite me. Thanks, Nancy

You know, NPD is one of those places I've somehow belonged to for many years (I can't even recall when I first joined, but it was at least 12 years ago, when they had a different name). I stopped doing their surveys last year, after years and years of getting nothing but points to enter sweepstakes. They finally stopped sending me survey invitations. Complete waste of time.

However, that said, I got that same stupid "download your Amazon history and then re-upload it" survey through Opinion Outpost a couple of weeks ago -- and it only paid 10 points! Actually, it said it would pay 10 points before I started it and before I realized how involved and invasive it would be. After I completed the survey and downloaded/uploaded everything that was required, Opinion Outpost tried to get away with only giving me 5 points!!! I was not having that, after I had just turned over all of my personal Amazon ordering info to them, so I wrote in and complained until I got my FULL 10 points.

So, I never thought I would say this but, in comparison to Opinion Outpost, doing that Amazon survey through NPD/VIP Voice would have actually been a better deal!!! I would have happily taken the $3.00 Amazon gift card from NPD!

• 2 weeks later...

I like VIP Voice. Every 6 weeks I get a food log that pays $25. I have been saving points for a year and soon i will have enough for a new TV. Also, yesterday, i completed my food log and did the spin and win. I won $50!!!! I was so excited!!

I have never seen a food log on there and have been with the site for many years. All I get are the same handful of repeat surveys for points. Lately , after the last survey , when the option to play the Spin and Win game comes up , there is a block of questions that comes up partially off screen to the left so that you cannot do anything but wait until the "cancel" button appears. The block obliterates most of the screen. After cancelling it , there are only 2 options presented - "take partner survey" or "use points". The option to play the game no longer exists.

Anyone else seeing this?

• 3 weeks later...

Checking to see if anyone else has had this experience with VIP Voice's Bid Land. I was bidding on the New orleans trip that ended last Sunday. With about 15 seconds showing on the countdown I bid 105,000 points which was almost 3,000 over the highest bid shown. When I submitted, I got an immediate prompt that the auction was over yet the countdown was still at 10 seconds. Bidding late not to be countered is pretty standard. Trying to use the contact features on their site results in nothing other than error messages (yes I'm allowing pop-ups). Wondeering if I'm just not understanding this.

Hi- I've never done Bidland. Maybe I should switch over to that. I've just done the sweeps, and I've never won anything with that. I usually just do the $100 sweeps or something else that has lots of prizes to give away. The problem is most of the ones that give multiple prizes away like the holiday DVDs or the magazine subscription don't turn me on. I've looked at the winners on the sweeps though, and one time I saw somebody win $100 twice in the same month when I have never won.

I have a sister that lives in New Orleans, and I love the city. I have been there a bunch of times. I usually go there the end of April for jazzfest, and stay with my sister while I am down there. It would take me forever to save 107,000 points though. I don't get as many invites as I used to, and I don't go there on my own. When I do get invites though, I am always able to spin the wheel. I used to get extra points by spinning the wheel, but the last few months, I haven't won anything. Has anybody tried the partner surveys there. It seems like the few times I have tried them, I have not been eligible. The only reason I stay with NPD is because the surveys are really easy, and you never get disqualified. It seems like they repeat the same surveys all the time, like what you have purchased in the last 7 days. I also get the one all the time asking me what food I have purchased lately, and when I tell them that I did not purchase any food yesterday, they want to know why. Thanks, Nancy