Survey that has to load a supermarket screen, argh!

cricket

My feeling is that they should tell you before the survey starts that it will involve a download. If I ever get this type of survey again, I'll write to both the survey company and the client. Don't know if it will help but if nobody does, we'll have the same problem again and again. It just bothers me that I spent so much time before that supermarket screen popped up, at which point I knew I'm in for the same old problem.

My feeling is that they should tell you before the survey starts that it will involve a download. If I ever get this type of survey again, I'll write to both the survey company and the client. Don't know if it will help but if nobody does, we'll have the same problem again and again. It just bothers me that I spent so much time before that supermarket screen popped up, at which point I knew I'm in for the same old problem.

I had the same experience. Wasted at least 45 minutes for zero reward

I got one cant think for which company ,they asked if I would download a plug in and without really thinking about it I said yes,plus they didnt even tell me how much .After saying okay I was like what did I get myself into.It turned out alright, the pay was decent and I don't find them that bad.I have Firefox and of the 2 I was sent I was able to finish .

for those who took this survey through GTM

Thanks for your email.

We appreciate you alerting us to the problem with the survey you are taking.

Please be assured we are actively working to correct the problem.

If you have not done so already, please exit the survey. Once the project team comes up with a resolution regarding the issues you experienced, an incentive file will be created and all panelists who completed the survey, or were confirmed to have spent a substantial amount of time answering questions for the survey, will be awarded points at that time.

We hope to have this issue resolved within 48-72 hours. Please bear with us. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

I've gotten a few of those surveys, and I hate them. I think I maybe got them through Inbox Dollars, but I am not sure. They seem to take forever and sometimes I get to finish them, and sometimes I don't. If I am having problems with the virtual supermarket survey, I just get out of the survey.

I think I have entered this particular survey in the past week and only got to complete 1. BUT, when I went to submit it, I got an error screen. So I have let them know, but I am sure I won't get credit for it. What a waste of time. As soon as I see this one, I will simply close out of it.

I absolutely hate this surveys that take forever to go thru thru tutorial and then are so complicated that, if I could do them well, I could be the Capt. of the Starship Enterprise. I think it is a means to lure people on to get demographic info then knowing you will bail, they have info with no payout.

• 2 weeks later...

I got another one of those surveys today. I think it was from My View, and the minute I knew what it was, I exited the survey. Those surveys are not worth the aggrivation.

Getting back to the initial post. I've taken plenty of those but never had a problem with them. I actually really like those because they are so easy. I can see where they'd be irritating if there are malfunctions though.

I got this both on MyView and Global Test Market. I answer tons of questions about food, then it says "This may take a few minutes to load. Grab a cup of coffee" etc. So then it says "Loading" and 15 minutes later, it never loads. I have a new Mac, nothing wrong with my computer. Has this happened to anyone else? This has happened MANY times…and when it does load, it gives you a demo with arrows and boxes and I can't get it to work.Not only that, it freezes my computer, I can't get out of the screen and have to log off.Has this happened to anyone else?

I've never gotten that thing to work. I've installed it multiple times and it keeps prompting me to download it. It's called "Unity Player" I believe. I wrote myview suggesting they tell the client it doesn't work, but I still see those d@amned surveys from time to time. The worst of it is that you don't get rewarded any points because you can't even get the thing to load to get disqualified. The other problem is that it usually pops up after I'm many questions into the survey, so it's nothing but a big waste of time.