Should I give up on taking surveys ?

lobo49

I have been taking surveys now for 5 years and it has never been this bad. The only surveys I have been getting are $1 or $2 surveys for 30 or 40 minutes for about a month now. My question is should I stop taking surveys or keep doing them and hope things will pick up?

I'd say keep on trying. Just the other day, out of the blue, my husband and my son took a survey with a face-to-face interviewer about drug and alcohol use. They each got $30.00! So, it might seem slow but don't give up, keep on adding your opinion.

Think of the other skills you are gaining too with doing surveys. You are learning to be more analytical, you are improving your writing skills if you need to write any comments, you are learning how to manage your time, you are learning how to be a consumer with a voice.

teachell :lol:

Don't give up Lobo.....think of it as a few extra pennies in your pocket. I agree, $1 or $2 for 30 minutes is pretty stingy, so I just click them off. If we don't do them, maybe the incentives will improve. Who knows?

teachell.....great news about your son and husband!! My daughter has been doing taste testing, and she goes at least once a week and averages $20 to $50, and they pay her in cash! I've signed up with them, but haven't been called yet. Would really like to do taste testing since food and I are such great friends. LOL

Zeekers thanks for the encouragement. Can you please let me know what company your daughter is taken these taste testing surveys from?

Lobo,

She's with www.delve.com and they have offices located throughout the United States. Let me get the telephone number from her, or they may have it posted on their website. I registered through the website months ago and haven't heard a thing. My daughter said that her boyfriend has had to turn some of the taste tests down because he's so busy. She also said they needed people. Maybe I should call too? If they don't have a telephone number to register with, let me know and I will get the number from her for you. You may want to try www.spencer-marketing.com (800) 342-1825, they do taste testing too. I was scheduled in January, but had some health problems and had to cancel and haven't heard from them since. If you need anything else, let me know. Good luck and hang in there with us.

wow what wonderful things! I do not know of any face to face interviews/taste testing in UK, but would be interested if anyone knows of any. I have earned £70 and £25 amazon vouchers in the past week, so please do not give up....its actually getting the money in your hands that is the problem right now, as it can take up to two months to receive your cheque - I wish everyone payed you electronically, its so much nicer to log onto your bank account and discover you are rich!!

LizzieAnn :D

Good Morning LizzieAnn.....

I cannot imagine the UK panels not having the taste testing or focus groups/face to face interviews. What about in-home product testing? Why don't you go ahead and register with www.delve.com anyway, because they also invite you to participate in surveys, on-line focus groups/interviews, telephone surveys, and market research surveys over the telephone as well. The website also mentions that if a company needs participants from another country or a specific ethnic background, they can provide that too, so it sure sounds like to me that they have something that you would be able to do. Just not taste testing. I would imagine they would send you a check since they cannot mail you cash, or they may pay electronically. Delve's home office is in St. Louis, Missouri, USA.

Maybe you could start a club with other surveying Brit's that can convince the businesses over there to hold taste tests and focus groups. Every company does things differently, so maybe you need to register separately. Let me know how you make out w/delve, and in the meantime, I'll keep my eyes open for any companys in the UK who may do the other forms of research. Every penny counts!

Have a super day!!

Thank you for the link to Delve. I see they are in the Minneapolis area, not too far from me. Maybe I should sign up and then go up and do a focus group, some Mystery shops, and visit my sister at work.

The wealth of knowledge here is so amazing . . . thanks for sharing!

teachell

I say it is time we put our foot down and say NO! Unless you desperately need the money don't do abusive surveys as it only hurts yourself and others by helping lowering standards. I say we at least put the standard at comparable to U.S. minimum wage of $6 to $8 an hour. If a survey is longer than the promised time or does not pay what is promised then cut them off and never do them again. I am in a horrible financial situation and even I am starting to draw the line somewhere. 50 cents or $1 is not worth destroying hundreds of dollars of future wealth for yourself and others. If we ignore them they will either raise the incentive or go out of business giving better survey companies more opportunities and higher payouts. For heaven sakes NO MORE ABUSING US! I am not stupid and I am sure most of us are not stupid, this will start a backlash and hurt them if they keep thinking of us as worthless trash worthy of barely 3rd world pay for 1st world high tech work...

teachell,

You're welcome! I didn't see the Minneapolis listing, so that's great for you. I'm not sure what the Mystery Shops are, but my guess is you shop at a specific store, and rate them. Good luck and let me know how things go for you with Delve.

vipercat,

I totally agree with you! I will not do 50 cents or $1 surveys that last longer than 20 or 30 minutes. Nor will I do any surveys for just a sweepstakes entry. I truly believe this is going on because of the economic situation and the extremely high unemployment here in the U.S. Some of these survey companies are simply taking advantage of the situation, knowing people are beccoming desperate and will take any crumb thrown to them. That to me is unforgiveable, immoral, unethical, and extremely bad business. Not only for the survey takers but also for the companies that need and want our feedback. You can bet your bottom dollar, the companies do not know how we are being treated. We need to let them know how we are being treated, because they are paying companies like OTX huge dollars for getting us to take the surveys, and this is a bad reflection on them as well as the survey companies.

I agree. I always look to see how long and how much. I see a lot for $1 for a 30 minute survey. Delete! No thanks. I hold out and pick and choose. For awhile I spent more time deleting and just flipping through email. Lately I got quite a few good ones for over $10 each. If I give honest answers, my opinion and my time, I want to be paid. They need us. I wish more marketing companies would read these forums and get a good idea of they are paying survey companies for and how they pay us.

Even the $1.00 for 30 minutes surveys are going away and being replaced by 50 cents for 30 minutes but mostly "Chance to Win". There are millions of people tripping over each other to take 40 minute surveys for a chance to win $10. The survey companies end up with a million responses and pay a $10 Amazon. Quite a deal for the survey company. I think quitting is not a bad idea vs the time involved. Too many people willing to give their time for nothing has spoiled it for everyone else.

Few weeks ago I decided to voice my being 'fed up'.

Today I completed a product trial via GOP and thought the followup survey had an error . nope. a whopping 450 points (1000pts=1.00) for using product for 2 weeks. NEVER again.

Wish there was a way I could contact the company that is using this survey site for product trial/testing... would be interesting to see if they are aware I received under .50 cents for this.

Shameful.

• 2 weeks later...
I started to get fed up after i was on cashlagoon.com because nothing ever cleareed so i quit for a while. Then i rejoined up this new site called TreasureTropper.com. It was really nice and legit. I made around 30 bucks the first month and have been loving it ever since

Follow this link if your would like to try it out

http://www.treasuretrooper.com/513971

Folks. this person just signed up here to post his/her referral link multiple times in the forum.