My Survey ripoff

janlou

In the past 2 weeks I have done about 5 Surveys at mysurvey.com that I have gone really deep into the survey - maybe 5 to 8 minutes - and then it abruptly ends and I get no credit. It seems like they are getting all the information they need without giving points anymore. Is it just me?

No this happens for sure. I find if I take to long to complete a survey I usually end up getting an error message at the end and do not receive credit for it. I have emailed them many times and have never gotten a reply, pretty useless company.

I usually get a reply right away, within 24 hours. I give them that long at least. I can't tell you how many times I have not gotten credit, but for 100 points, I am not emailing them every time.

I've been with My Survey for many years. I have run into occasional annoyances like that here and there, but it really doesn't happen very often (to me). There have been a lot of surveys posted on my home page lately -- so many that I couldn't even keep up with them and I ended up losing out on several -- but I usually only end up qualifying for a few out of the whole bunch. So I waste a lot of time running down the list of 20 surveys, only to be disqualified from 75% of them.

However, as soon as I have gone through every single survey listed on the My Survey home page and cleared them all out, in a day or two there is another long list of surveys to comb through. And then I feel guilty if I am not getting to them right away because I know I could be missing out on a chance to bring my point total up.

I just finished a PT from My Survey -- and it happened to come at a time when I also had a PT from Pinecone to do and a PT from i-say to do, and it was immediately after I finished a PT for Mindfield. (Do you guys ever have those weeks when you have multiple PTs to tackle at the same time? It gets a little hectic depending on what the products are, and if they are similar, but it's a good problem to have!)

Anyway, the weird thing is that the PT that I did for My Survey did not earn me very many points for the time it took, but there are other surveys that I do for My Survey that I think will only earn me 5 points or something...and they end up earning 200 or 300 points, unexpectedly. I find that when I am not expecting any points I sometimes get surprised, and when I'm expecting a good number of points I end up with 5 or nothing.

I thought I was on a roll...big time! I was completing one survey after another (with: "My Survey"). I knew I was racking up the points; since they don't post them in plain view & you have to get security clearance to view them--I neglected to do that for a while. When I did, I was in shock--my points were as low as when I started! They weren't increasing at all. The completions were successful--I got the "Congratulations, you have just completed....yada, yada." I fired-off an email instantly. Oh I completed them all right, but the reward was not for points, but for sweepstake entries! This site purposely does not state that until AFTER you start the survey! Sometimes they will after the pre-screen, but most of the time, they do not. Make no mistake about it, this is by design! The worst of sites will at least tell you what you get if you complete a survey...even if they do reject you at the end, you know what you got s*****d out of!! I make it a point--with "My Survey"--if they do not tell me what I earn for completing said survey, in the beginning, I won't do it. Period!! I've noticed, as of late, they have gotten noticeably better. I'll bet because they've received a lot of complaints. I had decided to drop them after I got my payout. I reached it last week & to my surprise, they paid promptly. Because of that & the fact that they seem to have done a 180, I've decided not to drop them...yet. But I am keeping a VERY close eye. I did not like what they were pulling one bit. They got a LOT of hard work from me for free. I was NOT happy! But time will tell. I am amazed, as this is the first time I've seen a site do such a drastic turn-around. How long it will last, remains to be seen.

I thought I was on a roll...big time! I was completing one survey after another (with: "My Survey"). I knew I was racking up the points; since they don't post them in plain view & you have to get security clearance to view them--I neglected to do that for a while. When I did, I was in shock--my points were as low as when I started! They weren't increasing at all. The completions were successful--I got the "Congratulations, you have just completed....yada, yada." I fired-off an email instantly. Oh I completed them all right, but the reward was not for points, but for sweepstake entries! This site purposely does not state that until AFTER you start the survey! Sometimes they will after the pre-screen, but most of the time, they do not. Make no mistake about it, this is by design! The worst of sites will at least tell you what you get if you complete a survey...even if they do reject you at the end, you know what you got s*****d out of!! I make it a point--with "My Survey"--if they do not tell me what I earn for completing said survey, in the beginning, I won't do it. Period!! I've noticed, as of late, they have gotten noticeably better. I'll bet because they've received a lot of complaints. I had decided to drop them after I got my payout. I reached it last week & to my surprise, they paid promptly. Because of that & the fact that they seem to have done a 180, I've decided not to drop them...yet. But I am keeping a VERY close eye. I did not like what they were pulling one bit. They got a LOT of hard work from me for free. I was NOT happy! But time will tell. I am amazed, as this is the first time I've seen a site do such a drastic turn-around. How long it will last, remains to be seen.

Personally I do this after taking each and every survey for them.On their home page on the top they have listings one says "rewards" I click that button and it tells me the date taken and how many points.I make sure that I get my points, if not I will shoot them off a letter.Plus like you if I they don't state the point amount I'm outta there even if I have to close down the whole site without logging off.I don't know why their sister company GTM doesn't have the same problems but they need to call them and ask how to get things straightened out.

I kept getting screwed out of 250 bonus points everytime I let them access my webcam for their survey...so I emailed them once & because it was their fault they put 500 into my account which was cool....haven't had a problem with them in quite awhile now

Yes I've been having the same problems with mysurvey for months !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been e-mailing these jerks for weeks and they don't respond until I e-mail them

at least four or five times. I'm starting their stupid surveys and complete them for

about 5-10 minutes and then the system knocks me off with a lousy sweepstakes

entry. I've also noticed the point amounts have gone way down!!!! Keep complaining

and maybe someone there will hear us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted::twisted:

They already are (see my previous post, this date). Because more & more of us "stumble across" (in my case, at least) "Survey Police", the perfect venue to "compare notes" & together, we are a force making a major difference. Notice how many questions on if a site is reputable; with many deciding NOT to join, or to drop one they have. This is bad for business...theirs!!! I come to this site before I sign up & what all of U have to say is a huge influence on whether I sign up. This site's membership is increasing at a tremendous rate; factor in how long they've been around (sure...not an "old" company, but long enough in this business for word to spread like wildfire), panels are being affected by what we do. THEY KNOW we make their money for them, they've counted on us not thinking we didn't have any power of our own. We didn't, before, but we do now, because now, we are in numbers. Divide & conquer is a thing of the past. This is a MAJOR end of an era. What I said in my earlier post, is that "My Survey" is the first to have gotten my attention, because their change is so drastic & practically overnight. I wondered if I was on the wrong site!! So far, they've done such a 180, I still double-check to make sure I didn't mix up the sites! Last thing I expected; certainly wasn't looking for it. Putting it all in perspective--the time-frame fits...perfectly. By this I mean the time-frame between when "Survey Police" came on the scene; time it took for more & more of us to discover it; time for us to ask our questions & read each other's answers/experiences. Then the final blow: finding out a site is bad news, 'cause too many of us has posted the problems with it, so we don't sign up, or drop the site. Now, these sites see a major impact on their business, as they are losing their "cash cows"...US!!! Here's a thought: if we decided to (all) go on strike, these companies would come to a grinding halt. Their clients would drop them; they'd fold. We wouldn't have to do it for long & it's not like the money we make makes the mortgage payments...kid's could still go to college. The money they would lose, is another matter entirely! These panels make $50 - $100 (very low conservative estimate) per survey that they pay us $0.10 to $1.00 for. Their overhead is practically nil (computer software runs these sites); a server is all they need to run the business out of a home. Off-hand, I only see the need for an accountant (bookkeeper, would probably suffice; time-sheets; writing checks; doing the taxes); I'll say 2 employees + one business owner--3 people could run a survey panel. That is easily a profit of 1000% plus. Maybe we should start an employee-owned company of ourselves. We'd put them out of business & have no competition, because WE ARE THE WORKFORCE! Without us, there is no work! Just sayin...

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'm going to take a LONG break from my survey. I just did one a few minutes ago about TV shows. I filled out a bunch of those long charts with a million boxes to check off and it took me about 15 minutes. Then there was a question asking how likely I was to watch a different TV show than the one I filled in the boxes about. I said "not likely" and got cut off - and nothing was added to my point total. I've probably been with them for 10 years but this is all I can take.

• 2 weeks later...

I've twice done really long surveys for around 300 points each and not got the points for it, it makes me so angry. And what makes me angrier is their "customer service", it's about 50/50 for me if I will get any sort of reply from them and most of the time I get a general unspecific response.

But when I lost out on 300 points the first time after about 3 emails backwards and forwards, they finally said to wait a month and then reply if I didn't get the points. I think it was just their way of thinking I would forget. And its been a month but I don't have the survey number, its so frustrating getting them to respond that I haven't re-contacted them because they will just say i don't have the survey number so they don't care.

And the last one for 300 points, I got taken to an error page after a 45 minute survey, contacted them WITH the survey number I was like Yes i have the survey number this time!! And no reply!!! oh my god. So after a week of no reply I asked them to please reply and I got "please send us the survey number". I didnt think to keep the survey number!!!

Just got the following message on My-survey, I've seen this a few times now. Problem is, once you start a survey with them it goes away from the dashboard. Unless they think we are supposed to save the link? lol

Unfortunately, due to an overwhelming response, our servers are extremely busy.

Please return to complete your survey later today or tomorrow.

We apologize for any inconvenience, and look forward to your future participation.

For questions or comments, please contact us with the topic of the survey you were attempting to access

Why don't they reply to me? I've noticed they reply on days where I get surveys but I got two today and still no reply about my most recent 300 points, it's so horrible, I don't know what to do to get a response from them. I sent them the survey number in my first message and deleted the email it was from because I didn't think I would need to keep it and they replied asking me for the survey number!!

They seem to think we know and keep all the survey numbers and the horrible thing is I actually sent them the survey number!!!!

I hate the way they ignored that message with the number then when I asked them to please reply they then felt like replying to ask for the number!!!

I just logged on tried to complete 6 surveys but each one paid .50 for a 20 minute survey.They're nuts ,okay well one was for 1.50 for 29 minutes but even for that I'm not doing it .Not only do they rip you off for doing them but the pay is so low that I wont bend to pick it off the ground.