Have you ever had to return a product for a product test?

DanaEm

I have done quite a few PTs, most were for fairly inexpensive products. I have been asked to do one for a product that probably cost between 150-175 Retail. I am to use it for 6 months and return it, I am hoping they will change their mind. They will have no use for it once it is returned, they will just have a product that was used for 6 months, it seems so stingy to ask for it back. Anyone been in the same situation?

Yes but not the product itself. Around 5 years ago I was sent a palm pilot to enter data on. Don't recall what it was all about. Six weeks later I sent it back.

That's similar to the OO product test a few months back where they got a vacuum to test, they had to cut the cord and send the cord back but keep the vacuum. Heck, you can always put a new cord on something, the one you got will have to be the whole thing sent back........................ :?

I wonder if they are going to pay something extra after it is over and sent back....................... :roll:

I have been asked to do one for a product that probably cost between 150-175 Retail. I am to use it for 6 months and return it, I am hoping they will change their mind. They will have no use for it once it is returned, they will just have a product that was used for 6 months, it seems so stingy to ask for it back. Anyone been in the same situation?

Products used in product tests are often analyzed for usage, wear and tear, etc. As well, the product might not yet be available to the public, hence why it is asked that it be returned.

what i think sucks is the PT of the vacuum where you don't get paid for the study unless you cut the power cord for the vacuum and send it back.. but for me i haven't had to return anything.. i did the palm pilot snack survey where i had to return that...

I had a Keurig and i got to keep that.. don't need it anymore so i'll probably Ebay the thing for what i can get.. on another note I thought it was funny how concerned they were with the PT being talked about when it was A. and old model that already hit the market and they could see free reviews on Amazon and elsewhere, and B. how they 'threatened' to shut down my GTM account with all points still in it if I talked about it.. and that they would be 'monitoring the internet'.. :P

{I've only had to return one product during a PT and that was for a facial hair removal cream about two years ago.}

That is really odd. What did they want, what was left in the bottle? Seems like a waste of postage.

I'm getting ready to send back the remaining unused toothpaste from a PT. I had to return a voice recorder once but the recorder wasn't the PT.

I had to return a use toothbrush once. I'm a clean person but that's still kind of gross. I wouldn't want to be the person responsible for evaluating used toothbrushes. :?

i remember now a few years ago i had to send back a pillow case they had me use for a week.. also this year someone wanted me to mail in the remaining part of a bar of soap as it was when i would normally throw it away.. i can see the pillow case but the soap wouldn't have worked with just a picture?

I got one about where we were sent a cellphone and we could only use it to text the info to the survey company. We had to send it back. I can't remember if we got paid for that or not. Thanks for jogging my memory, I will have to check on that.

I got one about where we were sent a cellphone and we could only use it to text the info to the survey company. We had to send it back. I can't remember if we got paid for that or not. Thanks for jogging my memory, I will have to check on that.

That was probably from My Survey, I did that 2ce for 2 weeks everything I drank on the cellphone paid $35.00 3 years ago, and $30 the next year. so see how everything is getting less and less.................... :shock:

I had to return a home fragrance product I had tested, well they actually gave me the option to keep it or return it for an extra $5. I returned it and "they never got it" so I never got the return bonus.