MyView Amazon GC's

nt_eagle

Just noticed on MyView's Facebook Page that they are only allowing Physical Amazon Gift Cards now. Don't know why this is, but my guess is that somehow they got hacked, and some of the GC Codes were stolen. Not sure. But, this is a slap in the face by MyView, imo. Especially since one has to wait another 4-6 Weeks AFTER claiming their GC! Just wondering if they're going to do the same with their Visa GC's?

Also,ever since the first of the Year, MyView has been notoriously slow with their replenishment of both Amazon and Visa GC's. Don't know if it is them, or the Companies they get them through. Either way, it looks like the best Days of MyView are done. :roll: Total shame.

Wow that totally sucks as the AGCs are a good point value at 33,900 for $25 versus $25 Virtual Visa for 35,000. Yeah, their replenishment time frame is not really good compared to other sites. And yes, if the VVs go away that will be an issue. No one seems invincible to attacks as even Ebay got hacked last week.

Just noticed on MyView's Facebook Page that they are only allowing Physical Amazon Gift Cards now. Don't know why this is, but my guess is that somehow they got hacked, and some of the GC Codes were stolen. Not sure. But, this is a slap in the face by MyView, imo. Especially since one has to wait another 4-6 Weeks AFTER claiming their GC! Just wondering if they're going to do the same with their Visa GC's?

Also,ever since the first of the Year, MyView has been notoriously slow with their replenishment of both Amazon and Visa GC's. Don't know if it is them, or the Companies they get them through. Either way, it looks like the best Days of MyView are done. :roll: Total shame.

nt_eagle - I agree totally. Are there any good survey companies left?

I cashed out yesterday, and then received a confirmation saying

Reward Description: Note: For this item you will receive a physical gift card in the mail.

Fullfillment Time: 4 - 6 weeks

I didn't think of the hacking thing. My first thought was that somehow if they mail a card, they get to hold on to the money a little longer.

Remember that is what Tellwut used to do, sending the physical gift card in the mail. I would get it from Tellwut in about 7-10 days by snail mail. You know in time it is going to rase the points up for cashing out because now there is postage involved.............................. :?

nt_eagle - I agree totally. Are there any good survey companies left?

Doesn't look like it, car9og. And, it looks like MyView promised Visa GC's on the 23rd on their Facebook Site, but they haven't shown up yet on their Rewards Page. Doesn't look good for them. :roll:

Debating whether the change was due to hacking, which it well could have been, or was changed so that the other gift cards get fair play. When you have to wait 6 weeks, one could be inclined to get another gift card. Especially if that other gift card is at the same number or lower number of points. Could also make it easier for them to replenish Amazon gcs w/o looking like total fools. Whatever the reason, it makes MyView less attractive as a survey site. Still not seeing any Virtual Visas.

ETA: Read down the MyView Facebook wall and saw the following post: "Hi Jill, The Visa cards will only be physical cards when they return. They will take about 7-10 days to be received." I can live with 7-10 days if that is a real estimate as that is what it takes to get Tellwut AGCs. But those are electronic.

So, nothing immediate anymore it seems.

ETA2: Been reading down their FB wall all the way back to beginning of April. Every other question is when are the Visas coming back. Makes them look like total idiots or gives the impression they are soon to go out-of-business as you cannot redeem your points. Too bad their wall makes them look this way as their customer support is one of the best for point crediting for survey issues.

Haven't heard this one before... But, on the MyView Facebook Page, they replied that they "are testing to make sure the cards(Visa) work properly". These are PHYSICAL GIFT CARDS! SMFH Of course, this reply was posted Seven Hours ago, and there STILL are no Visa GC's on their Site. It's now 6:00 PM EDT there in New York, so I know they won't be posting them today...or tomorrow...or Sunday. Probably not even Monday. Sad how this Company has become just like most of the other 'Good' Survey Sites that have gone by the wayside; and using lies to cover up their known greed. :roll:

They posted this on their Facebook page on May 15. Some of the commenters are not happy.

"Looking for a faster option? Introducing the My View visa gift card! By the end of next week (May 23rd) we will have physical Visa gift cards available. From the day you order these, they will arrive in your mail within 7-10 days. They have no activation or shipping fee and may be used anywhere online or in store where major credit cards are accepted.

We are committed to being quick and we completely understand that prompt payments are our #1 goal with this change".

Just cashed out for what they are calling "Swift Visa". Saw the Visa logo on the rewards page and clicked on that as did not see "Visa" in the drop down list. It is there as "Swift Visa".

Remember that is what Tellwut used to do, sending the physical gift card in the mail. I would get it from Tellwut in about 7-10 days by snail mail. You know in time it is going to rase the points up for cashing out because now there is postage involved.............................. :?

That's really bad because GC's in the mail are notoriously a target for thieves. I had at least 2 GC's stolen (in one week) because they were sent via USPS.

I had at least 2 GC's stolen

I think I remember you posting about that, you never got them back..................... :(

I had at least 2 GC's stolen

I think I remember you posting about that, you never got them back..................... :(

Yeah, they were never recovered, but the company believed me and could see for themselves that the GC's were used within 24 hours of them sending them at locations near the mail processing facility, but nowhere near me. So, they sent me replacements via UPS. I think I'd rather physical gc's, actually, as long as they had a tracking number in case they were stolen.

btw, they were grocery store gc's which i purchased with my prepaid visa rewards from one of the survey companies.