$10 for Darwin's Data profile update

avemaria

ok it just occurred to me to look at the original email which states the following

We would like to ask you a few brief questions so we can ensure you receive surveys your qualify for. This non-paying survey will take between 1-2 minutes of your time and is required for your continuing participation.

Thank you in advance, we appreciate your time. Please complete this brief survey at your earliest convenience.

reminds me of Valued Opinions saying the survey is for $2, yet on the far right it says $1.. guess which you get?

i got a reply back from them about it

Unfortunately the survey we sent you on 8/21/14 was intended as a demographic update and is not considered a paying survey. The original invitation stated this, as well as the participant agreement that was agreed to prior to starting the survey. We apologize for the inconvenience and confusion this "thank you" email may have caused. We have identified the error and are in the process of resolving it.

Thank you,

Darwin's Data®

I also got the same email today. I had filled out a request to join them a couple days ago and then I got the email. I answered the questions. It said it might take up to 30 minutes I think. They said I would get a $10.00 Amazon gift card sent by email but I have not received anything. Is this a scam.

I also got the same email today. I had filled out a request to join them a couple days ago and then I got the email. I answered the questions. It said it might take up to 30 minutes I think. They said I would get a $10.00 Amazon gift card sent by email but I have not received anything. Is this a scam.

if you're new to the panel you get $10 for setting up your profile.. we all got it already last year.. what we did here was a short profile update.. non paying but the thank you email they sent out was the 'first profile update' email which pays $10.. so i thought we were also getting it..