Question for Opinion Outpost old-timers

coastalfrog

Hello,

I just joined them and took a few surveys. At the very end of two of them, I got a message "Sorry, this survey is closed." In one case, this message came after the post-survey questionnaire! (that page that thanks you for completing the survey, asks you if you enjoyed it, if it was relevant to you, etc.) Both surveys took about a half hour.

I called the number on the OO website and the lady explained several times that their surveys are done "in real time." I think she meant that the survey can close while you are doing it, in which case you do finish it but you get no reward. She said that experienced OO users are aware of this and I just don't understand because I'm a n00b.

So I ask you, OO old-timers, is that how it works? I do a lot of surveys and they tell you the survey is closed (or that you've screened out) before you start. Not after you've given them half an hour of your time and they've thanked you for it!

In all fairness, she did say she'd look into it and email me with her findings. So, we'll see.

Hi, I don't know if i'd consider myself an old-timer but I don't condone how she spoke to you. It seemed rude. I have been doing their survey's now for almost 2 years and quit Global Test Market because of similar behavior on their part. I have noticed that all of the most recent survey's i've taken I have DQ'd on. Just yesterday I DQ'd on a 4-6 minute survey. They cut me off before the last minute or so. I don't know how that is possible? Or morally right? I have done a number of survey's on their site in the past and would at least qualify for 1 in 7. For the past month I have DQ'd on everything. And yes they do let you get a good portion of the way through but it was never this bad before. I can tell you that The payout was one of the highest. I don't know what's going on right now with them but they may end up on my restructure list which gets refreshed once a year. If a survey site is not profitable or at least fun I drop kick them to the curb. I don't think I answered your question but she is full of rubbish.

Just finished another one, watching about half a dozen commercials and answering questions about them. At the end, once again, no credit. Apparently I violated the terms and conditions and/or someone else did the survey with my computer (neither of which is true).

I've finished about seven surveys for them now and have not received credit for all but one, for one bogus reason or another.

I've been on them for a year and ive had that happen quite few times, I always fill in the contact form a and they usually give me the points. Occasionally theyve said I missed a quality check question which is why it happens and they haven't given me the points in those times.

Maybe you're missing quality check questions? I had a reply from another company i joined recently about why that happened on the two surveys I'd done with them and they gave me the answer about quality check questions which is confusing because I could swear I was paying attention. I've hardly ever had the "live time" thing happen but its totally not right, it can't hurt them to give points to the few people who finish after the survey closes.

One or two every few months will let me finish and then it gives some big "you don't get credit because" page and it doesn't happen often but I HAVE had my daughter get questions about her underwear size, her bra size and jeans size, and I stepped in and told her not to finish it (she's 16) and then I complained to support so they could stop that survey..they gave me credit.

Those control questions are slipped in sometimes but that woman's excuse about the survey closing isn't right, it has to be the control question thing.

ANYTIME you have these things happen or a survey just quits etc. OO really does come thru if you email them the page address and/or survey invite info.....

I think they are just about the best, still.....sometimes I qualify for NOTHING...could be a whole week and almost 2 weeks, then I hit most of them.....

I am an old timer with them. and the truth is they are nothing close to what they used to be, far from it. I sometimes get a streak of qualifying 2 n a row. but very rarely. now im fortunate to qualify for 1 in 15.

i can't recall that happening very often but OO and GTM are good at giving you the points if you write in and tell them you put the effort in.. they have record of the time you spent on it..

I've forgiven Opinion Outpost! Yesterday I had enough to cash in, and an Amazon code was in my email within fifteen minutes! I've never had a survey outfit pay so fast, and for so little points. Some of the ones I do, I've got more than enough points for a $10 or $20 Amazon code but I can't get it because I have to meet some arbitrary enormous minimum points first. By that time (assuming I ever get there) I'll have enough for 3 or 4 of those codes, it would be nice to get just one of them now...

Anyway! I digress. Thumbs-up to OO, so far.

i can't recall that happening very often but OO and GTM are good at giving you the points if you write in and tell them you put the effort in.. they have record of the time you spent on it..

Well I'm glad GTM gives you the points because they have never given them to me. I was 85% done with one would they credit at least half the points?? And to this they replied..................

"You were screened out and that's the end of it. No points will be added to your account"

I thought that was a crude way of saying no.................... :(

Well I'm glad GTM gives you the points because they have never given them to me. I was 85% done with one would they credit at least half the points?? And to this they replied..................

"You were screened out and that's the end of it. No points will be added to your account"

I thought that was a crude way of saying no.................... :(

never seen that kind of reply.. :shock:

I've forgiven Opinion Outpost! Yesterday I had enough to cash in, and an Amazon code was in my email within fifteen minutes! I've never had a survey outfit pay so fast, and for so little points. Some of the ones I do, I've got more than enough points for a $10 or $20 Amazon code but I can't get it because I have to meet some arbitrary enormous minimum points first. By that time (assuming I ever get there) I'll have enough for 3 or 4 of those codes, it would be nice to get just one of them now...

Anyway! I digress. Thumbs-up to OO, so far.

OO always pays instantly.. never had a problem with them.. and you can cash out without charge as often as you want for an AMazon $5 card.. sites like Valued Opinions charge you to cash out..

I am seriously thinking of dropping out of O.O. as I continue to get the same excuses as you, "unable to record participation" after investing between 20-40 minutes per survey. I don't know what happened as they used to be one of the best places but anymore I just feel I'm the one being scammed and they are the ones collecting the survey reward from the company paying them to collect information from the general public. I guess you just need to beware and if you have spare time to waste and you don't care if you make the promised monetary reward, go ahead and remain a member.

:roll: Good luck!

Rocketgirl, this may be a long shot but... I think part of at least some of the problems I had with OO (and other survey hubs) was that I use cookie filters and script-blockers and it had not occurred to me to allow cookies/scripts for the third-party sites I was sent to. For the last few days, every time I get a new survey I look in the cookie filter and script blocker to see if there's a site still blocked. If so, I set it to accept session cookies and scripts. If these places are blocked, I won't have the cookie showing that I completed a survey, and if the scripts are blocked the surveys might not work right at all.

Since I have to refresh a page after enabling a script or cookies, once in a while I get a message that says "You've already participated." So maybe I don't get to do that survey, but I'm all set now for when that site comes around again.

Hope this helps and isn't too confusing!