Pinecone has their new site up

footfree

BluesJunky, I'm not certain if this is what's happening to you or not, but i figured it was worth a shot - if I try and login at http://www.pineconeresearch.com, it tells me I don't exist, same problem you're having. They're right, I don't exist there. I'm Canadian and have to login at http://www.pineconeresearch.ca. The username is the user ID number, and if you're at the correct site it *should* already be filled in.

Good luck logging in, I'd be bummed if I couldn't get into Pinecone as they're the site I earn the most from

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BluesJunky

• greeneyeddevils

• StilettoSuicide

• footfree

Thanks, SS...I appreciate the help! But I'm not in Canada, so that wasn't the problem. However...I had TWO surveys to do for them this morning, and like Rosiesmom said, it took me to the new site when I was finished. My info wasn't entered automatically, though, because I've never actually entered it where I could get in and have Google remember it. But, I tried my ID number again, along with the password that Pinecone generated, and...waddayaknow...I got in!! Then I had to hunt down the cash option, which should be more out in the open, in my opinion. Once I found that, the process was pretty straightforward. EXCEPT...since this is my first cash out, I'm not certain that it's gonna go to PayPal, and I couldn't find anything in my profile, or the cashout page, to set that as my option. That's something else that I would think could be streamlined. I did see somewhere that you have to email Customer Support for directions on how to do it. How hard is it to check a box?

OK, I'm whining needlessly here...once I'm set up, it'll be fine. And, once I get credit for the two surveys I did today, I'll have a $15 cashout that I wasn't expecting. So, life is GOOD once again!!

One thing I noticed in my profile, that I don't remember setting up, is an option for setting the frequencies of emails that they send to you. Mine was set at once every two weeks, which I'm SURE I wouldn't have chosen. So I changed it to "no limit". For people that don't think they get enough invitations, that might be worth looking into.

Thanks again for the help, SS. And, btw...that's a KILLER handle!! That would make a GREAT name for an all-girl rock band!!

Thanks, SS...I appreciate the help! But I'm not in Canada, so that wasn't the problem. However...I had TWO surveys to do for them this morning, and like Rosiesmom said, it took me to the new site when I was finished. My info wasn't entered automatically, though, because I've never actually entered it where I could get in and have Google remember it. But, I tried my ID number again, along with the password that Pinecone generated, and...waddayaknow...I got in!! Then I had to hunt down the cash option, which should be more out in the open, in my opinion. Once I found that, the process was pretty straightforward. EXCEPT...since this is my first cash out, I'm not certain that it's gonna go to PayPal, and I couldn't find anything in my profile, or the cashout page, to set that as my option. That's something else that I would think could be streamlined. I did see somewhere that you have to email Customer Support for directions on how to do it. How hard is it to check a box?

OK, I'm whining needlessly here...once I'm set up, it'll be fine. And, once I get credit for the two surveys I did today, I'll have a $15 cashout that I wasn't expecting. So, life is GOOD once again!!

One thing I noticed in my profile, that I don't remember setting up, is an option for setting the frequencies of emails that they send to you. Mine was set at once every two weeks, which I'm SURE I wouldn't have chosen. So I changed it to "no limit". For people that don't think they get enough invitations, that might be worth looking into.

Thanks again for the help, SS. And, btw...that's a KILLER handle!! That would make a GREAT name for an all-girl rock band!!

BluesJunky --

If this was your very first cash out with Pinecone, ever, then you will probably get a check mailed to you and not a PayPal. Many of us who are getting PayPals now used to get them automatically deposited upon completion of every survey for a long time (usually the very next day after we did a survey), and we didn't have to do much of anything to cash out -- until Pinecone introduced their Rewards site with all of those gifts and items that no one really wants. When the new Rewards/Gift site went up, we suddenly had to go through this cash out process and slightly delayed payments, but at least they let the existing PayPal people continue to get PayPal.

If you are new to Pinecone they will send checks until you contact Karen or someone at Pinecone and ask them to switch you to PayPal. If you have cashed out before (on the former version of the Pinecone site) and chose PayPal then, when you cash out now their system will automatically recognize you as wanting PayPal and process your payments as usual.

Thanks, Sherry! Yup, this is my first cash out with Pinecone, ever. I tried getting in with them for a LONG time, and finally was able to join a while ago. But it looks like I just missed the old site. They seem to be expanding, and that's probably why I got accepted.

I emailed support yesterday about the PayPal thing...haven't heard back yet. But ironically, Karen Scott emailed me this morning, replying to my question about logging in. That's no longer an issue, so I sent a reply back asking about the Paypal option, again. One of those two emails outta get me straightened out!

To be honest, I was a little disappointed when I saw the new direction Pinecone was going. You're right...that rewards site is pretty much worthless. It reminds me of the Ask GfK rewards site. But as long as I'm able to get a steady stream of $3 surveys, and able to get it out in a timely fashion, I won't have any complaints.

Well, if it's any consolation...it only took a few days for my problem to get straightened out. I wasn't able to get in using the ID number and password in the email invites, and then it worked a couple days later. And it fixed itself on it's own.

BTW, for those in the same boat as I am...just starting out...I got a reply back today about setting up the PayPal option:

Dear Panelist,

Thank you for your request to select PayPal as your preferred method of incentive.

At this time we are implementing changes to our process. Should you meet the qualifications by cashing out for checks to the mailing address listed in your account several times, we will send you an email inviting you to be sent incentives through PayPal. At that time please follow the instructions outlined in the email, and your request will be processed.

Thanks,

Karen Scott

Web site: http://www.pineconeresearch.com

Email: [email protected]

So...I'll have to cash checks for a while before I can use PayPal. Not my preference...but no big deal. Once the PayPal thing is set up, running to the bank will be a distant memory. I do, however, have a bit of concern with this expansion they're undergoing, affiliated with Nielsen, I believe. It seems like every time a site undergoes "changes", the survey takers get screwed. I certainly hope I'm wrong, and maybe they've always been affiliated with Nielsen. But if they've just partnered with a corporate giant like Nielsen, my gut says they'll be under pressure to generate MORE profit...which is what that lousy "rewards" site is all about. And if nobody is interested with those "gifts", and keep taking cash...they may be pressured into reducing the $3.00/survey that's made them such a stand out. Sure hope I'm wrong...

Thanks Blues, the name is an homage to my poor feet, who sometimes suffer due to my footwear choices :) I'm glad you were able to login and get that sorted. I had to try and login after reading Green's most recent response and I'm there too, unable to login now. Hopefully they'll send me an invite soon and that'll sort it all out :) Have a great day everyone!

Thanks Blues, the name is an homage to my poor feet, who sometimes suffer due to my footwear choices :) I'm glad you were able to login and get that sorted. I had to try and login after reading Green's most recent response and I'm there too, unable to login now. Hopefully they'll send me an invite soon and that'll sort it all out :) Have a great day everyone!

Hey Stiletto...I sent them off an email hoping that they can fix the problem so I can log in too...My opinion why screw with something that was working fine? does anyone really pay attention to the website? I know when I log in I'm going right to the rewards section & cashing out...so why change something that was so simple & easy to use before...ahhh!

I just got an email from Karen Scott regarding PayPal:

Greetings Pinecone Research Panel Member!

Pinecone Research is now offering you additional flexibility for your cash out payments. Those who have a PayPal account can now cash out their Pinecone Research points to this account.

Many of our panel members have already made the switch to use PayPal as their cash out option and you can too.

If you’re happy with your current cash out payment method and would like to stick with it, that’s great! Feel free to disregard this email. No response is required.

If you would like to switch to PayPal as your method of payment for point cash outs, please follow the instructions below:

- Using the member login area on the Pinecone Research web site, update your personal profile with your PayPal account email address. By entering your PayPal email address, you are indicating your preference for PayPal payments. ** Please be sure to SAVE your changes. **

For the record, I didn't see a "Save" button, but when I clicked "Submit", there was a notification that my profile had been updated.

So, it looks like they've dropped the requirement of cashing several checks before you can use PayPal. I requested payment a few days ago, but haven't received the check yet. But I'm happy to see that I'll be able to use PayPal for all the rest.

i miss Pinecone.. i took a gamble and cancelled my account (that was in my family member's demo) so I could sign up with my own profile.. tried to sign up and it wouldn't let me in.. so now i have to wait for an opening for my group..

The new site has been working fine up until today (9/17). Had no problems logging. Now , trying to log in sees the site appear to be doing the process only to come back to the initial screen with the ID and PW fields still filled in , but you are not logged in. However , just received an email for a Household Questions one and the link in the email took me to the survey where I was able to log in just fine.

The site's Contact Us link also does not work right. It only brings up the Name , Email , and Member (Y/N) fields with no place to put a message or click to send.

An email has been sent to Karen Scott.

Just noticed this after I finished one of Pinecone.ca's little 3 minute screener question...looks like here in Canada we're going to be getting the new website also in the near future

Those are all the questions we have for you today.

Thank you very much for your time.

Changes are coming to Pinecone Research! In the coming weeks, you may notice a new look to our website. Were excited to announce that Pinecone is getting a facelift. The new website will have all the familiar pieces, including your personal profile, survey assignment list, reward history, and more - all with a fresh, modern look! We hope the changes will enhance your Pinecone experience and we encourage you to let us know what you think.