Swagbucks - is it worth it?

avemaria

Is Swagbucks worth it? how much for the time spent?

also when you should via their link to the store the affiliate number appears in the link but once you start navigating the site or go to your cart there is nothing to indicate you're there 'with them'.. when you buy something do you really get credit with them?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JD

• rosiesmom

• avemaria

• BluesJunky

Pennies per hour if you do some of the tasks. The biggest bang for the buck are surveys although some of them you will get from other sites as well. The easiest earns are from mobile apps where you can let the videos run automated at times and need to click some closed at other times. Also there are auto runs via the PC as well although it works best if you have 2 PCs and do the videos on one PC and your normal PC work on the other. Right now I'm only going for around 80 points or $.80/day. The site is exhausting if you really push it and can consume your time from morning to early in the morning the next day. It's why I quit after making around $200/month for 3 months or so last year. Total burn out. After doing it for a week or two and following Swagbucks on FB you can get a feel for what's worth doing.

It's a "filler" for me when there are no surveys. On any of these, the offers never pan out for me. You have to do a million things for a few cents. I have a routine. I go to Swagbucks in the morning with my coffee...it's the first thing I knock off. I do NOSO (it is listed on the left) and the daily poll. That's 3 points in a few seconds. Then sometimes I do Radium One, just the quick videos. Later on in the day, I'll do a few searches. They used to pay around 40 points, now you're lucky if you get 8. I know there are people who spend time on Swag but not me. I prefer Quick Rewards or instagc. I never bought anything through that site so don't know how that works. I just cash out under "rewards". So not worth it but when nothing is happening, it's a few cents and it all adds up.

Look in your Shop and Earn ledger and it shows the websites you have visited and/or spent money at. http://www.swagbucks.com/account/shop-ledger

It can take 7 to 10 days for your purchase to show up and then it doesn't credit to your account for another 3 or 4 weeks.

It's why I quit after making around $200/month for 3 months or so last year. Total burn out.

Same here. From October through December I did very good. The last few months of the year are the best time to hit Swagbucks hard because they max out the point caps. But you do spend a LOT of time. It's mentally draining. Like other websites Swagbucks drop off at the first of the year so right now it's hard to find anything at all. Hopefully they pick back up soon. Some stuff like nGage and Jungroup are pretty easy.

I have my RSS Reader informing me of new topics at the Swagbucks Reddit. When a good deal is found someone usually informs everyone. /r/swagbucks

I agree with what everyone above me said. The only thing I can add, is that a $5 amazon card only costs 450 Swagbucks rather than 500 Swagbucks. I've always received credit for my online shopping. I made two purchases through them in November and received my credit. Receiving credit for the "offers" is a whole other story but overall I like the site. I'm not very active on it but it's a nice surprise when you reach cash out.

sounds like it's not worth it for me then.. i'm just trying to replace GTM because i quit them over 500 points.. i kind of have a void right now without them..

sounds like it's not worth it for me then.. i'm just trying to replace GTM because i quit them over 500 points.. i kind of have a void right now without them..

Yeah, I tried them the other day and it's just too much nonsensical busy work for my tastes. I get burnt out on surveys to begin with...all that other stuff would only make it worse.

If you're looking to add a site, are you with Cash Crate? They have a section called "Top Surveys" that usually has a pretty good selection of higher paying surveys. Cash out is $20, once a month. They don't use PayPal, but do use Dwolla, which I haven't had any problems with. Otherwise, they pay by check. Customer Service is decent, and it's a well run site, with quite a bit to do. They also run contests frequently, that appear to be won by actual people...not like the mythical "Ramona" that always seems to win the sweepstakes on OO and SS.

If you're looking to add a site, are you with Cash Crate? They have a section called "Top Surveys" that usually has a pretty good selection of higher paying surveys. Cash out is $20, once a month. They don't use PayPal, but do use Dwolla, which I haven't had any problems with. Otherwise, they pay by check. Customer Service is decent, and it's a well run site, with quite a bit to do. They also run contests frequently, that appear to be won by actual people...not like the mythical "Ramona" that always seems to win the sweepstakes on OO and SS.

thanks for the heads up on that.. their survey list looks a lot like Ipoll in design.. they're not related are they?

also how do you get to your survey list that you've done? i did one but can't find the pending page..

You're welcome! Hope you do well...

I don't think they're associated with Ipoll...that survey list is probably just some generic template page.

To get to your completed page, hover your cursor over your name at the top of the home page, and click on "My Earnings" from the drop down menu. Most times a completed survey will show up in your cash total immediately, but occasionally a survey takes a day or two to clear.

Hopefully Ipoll doesn't rub off on them.

I had rarely ever gotten an email from Cashcrate up until a couple months ago, and then I starting getting a few that had the "Sample Partners Network" logo in the email. I also started getting emails from a bunch of sites that I had quit like a year ago...MindsPay, Panda, 5in5. and a couple others...all with that logo...and all for the same survey, at different pay. I'm thinkin' Cashcrate is either subbing their site out to a marketer, or they've been bought out. But if they've been bought out, I haven't seen any other changes except for the email thing. Their "Top Survey" list is a little lean lately, but all the sites are coasting this time of year. They consistently have better paying surveys on there compared to most other sites.

Could it be that "surveyhelpcenter" is a company that handles stuff for a bunch of different companies without actually being the conglomerate head? Like handling the email duties, or customer service duties of companies that pay for their service. I really don't know...I'm just askin'. I can't keep track of who's who anymore.

I do use Swagbucks and I also do Bing Rewards. I use my Bing rewards to pile onto my Swagbucks. And if you are going to buy online, check with Swagbucks and see if they partner with the site you are going to purchase from. I get a $25 card about every month. I know it isn't a ton of $$, but I don't earn like some of you do. I don't mind the searches and doing the NOSO for a few points here and there. At least I can get a few points a day. I have also done a few surveys for them lately, although now they are out of them for me. I will stick with them for a while.

The nice thing about putting Swagbucks from Bing into Swagbucks is it enables you to get cash via a PayPal payout. Something you cannot do on Bing.

Started up doing Swagbucks again after a 7 month layoff. Made over $25 so far this month. Surveys are definitely the best bang for the buck on this site. I refuse to do laptop guy or nGage activities. Too little pay for too much time. Done with the lousy payoff activities. Still do 1 point/2 point activities but they must credit quickly. You can make $1.26 day with the mobile apps. Auto run Encraves on the PC seem few and far between and really require using 2 PCs to be able to use one PC while doing the auto runs as they stop if you are not on the page most of the time. Not caring about meeting first or second goal anymore either. Wasted effort IMO for time spent.

I have my RSS Reader informing me of new topics at the Swagbucks Reddit. When a good deal is found someone usually informs everyone. /r/swagbucks
Thanks for the link. Much less noise here than on FB. Good info on the shortest videos for each app as well.