Swagbucks - is it worth it?

avemaria

I use Swagbucks (and have used them for a years), but I don't really invest any time in their many tasks to earn money.

In the old days of Swagbucks, I could cash out for $5.00 (PayPal) after I reached something like 700 SBs (or was it 725?). Whatever it was, I just wanted the cash -- and all I did to get to the $5 each month was use the toolbar/search feature. That was it. Nothing else. I would be using the search feature every day anyway, so I wasn't taking any time away from what I was doing. It was easy to reach the threshold to cash out.

Eventually Swagbucks decided to stop the $5.00 PayPals, and I now have to reach 2500 SBs before I can cash out for a $25 PayPal. I can't get anything lower than that, in cash. Needless to say, by just using the toolbar/search feature (or button, or whatever they are calling it now) it takes forever -- I mean months and months and months -- to get to $25.

I finally realized that the time it was taking to reach $25 to get a PayPal through Swagbucks was not worth it, and I wasn't willing to do anything beyond using the search feature. I decided to expand my horizons and get gift cards for anything else that I would use, or any shop, store or restaurant that is in my neighborhood. I do that with other places that don't offer cash payouts as well (such as Harris Poll, Viewer's Voice, YourWord, etc.). So, now, if a small, fast PayPal is not an option with one of the sites I use (cash or a check would always be my first choice, before gift cards), then I will go with one of these options: a $5.00 Amazon gift card; a $5.00 Starbucks gift card (which I load on to my existing Starbucks GC); a CVS gift card; a Subway gift card; a Disney gift card (IF that is an option, which is very rare); an Overstock.com gift card; and even a Domino's gift card. It all adds up over time. I will always go for the actual money first, if I can, but if it is going to take 6 months to reach $25.00 when I could get a $5.00 gift card and use it right now, I will go the GC route.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JD

• rosiesmom

• avemaria

• BluesJunky

it takes me about a month to cashout from Swagbucks for Amazon at 450 points. I only use the toolbar/search thing. About twice a week they give me 11 or 14 points from it. I like it, I just do stuff I have to do online, and ever so often i get points from a search. Now, they use to give more for the toolbar than now, but I just cashed out yesterday for $5.00 amazon.

FYI - I just cashed out with Swagbucks and it said I had to be sent a PIN to verify before they would even process my reward order! It could be sent via SMS if you have access to texting, or you have to wait 5-8 business days to be sent a card via snail mail and then enter the pin on their site. It did say one time verification but it's a new thing and a PITA as far as I'm concerned.

I joined Swagbucks last year because a co-worker of mine says she's made a lot of money on the site. The site has different ways to collect points, but it takes awhile to get enough to cash out (2 points here, 1 point there).

I just logged in tonight and I had 9 surveys that I could try to complete. I picked one from the middle of the stack and was dq'd right away. I got one point and I went back to try the next. NONE, there were NONE available to me. What happened to the other 8??

In my opinion its a complete waste of time. I have literally NEVER gotten a survey that doesn't screen me out after over 20 minutes of answering questions--- then not getting any points for it whatsoever. It seems like most of the crap they have you do is to get you to buy things--- why would I want to pay for points? I'm doing surveys because I'm incredibly poor. Don't bother with Swagbucks, you'd be better off looking for change on the ground. :P

I just logged in tonight and I had 9 surveys that I could try to complete. I picked one from the middle of the stack and was dq'd right away. I got one point and I went back to try the next. NONE, there were NONE available to me. What happened to the other 8??
Yeah, that's been an issue lately. Only true for Trusted Surveys not Gold or Peanut Lab.

Yeah, that's been an issue lately. Only true for Trusted Surveys not Gold or Peanut Lab.

Yep, it happened again today. I had five in my que and I dq'd from the first one and the rest were gone too. So I did try the Gold. I can't get anything on there today.

Yep, it happened again today. I had five in my que and I dq'd from the first one and the rest were gone too. So I did try the Gold. I can't get anything on there today

You know why that happens is because at the time they were in your inbox, they were available at that time and a lot of people got the same ones. By the time you got to them they already reached the limit. But system isn't set up to take them away till you activated it hope I explained it right........................... :idea:

Yep, it happened again today. I had five in my que and I dq'd from the first one and the rest were gone too. So I did try the Gold. I can't get anything on there today

You know why that happens is because at the time they were in your inbox, they were available at that time and a lot of people got the same ones. By the time you got to them they already reached the limit. But system isn't set up to take them away till you activated it hope I explained it right........................... :idea:

You did a wonderful job explaining it! I just wish there was a different way to get them off my page without going through all of that.

You did a wonderful job explaining it! I just wish there was a different way to get them off my page without going through all of that.

Someone posted a good trick on FB/Swagbucks today. Open each survey in their own tab. Then take the surveys one by one.

Yep, I forgot about that today, and it took them all off. Then I tried the Search and Learn thing they have going on and got 23 Swagbucks for my searches. But I needed 30 to get the bonus for today. So by the time I tried the Daily Poll, NOSO, Swagbutton, I had a whopping 28 point, tried to do the Crave and got 1 point for it and it cut me off. Then I went to the surveys and started on them. Tried the first one and was dq'd and then I had no more all of a sudden. So I went to the other types and got my last 2 points and gave up for tonight. I just keep going back and trying. I was supposed to get 6 from the Search and Learn but I didn't see it show up yet.