Global Test Market now subtracts a fee!

cricket

I cashed out last week for $58.00 and got $50 in Paypal. I wrote to them and asked why I didn't get the full amount and they said there are now fees and yes, an $8 fee. Did you know that and has this happened to you? Very disheartening and I have not seen that with other companies. Ugh.

No way!!!! I cashed out $45 PayPal on 12/23/14 and it arrived 1/2/15, all $45 of it. Must be a new thing for the new year - how awesome for us *rolls eyes*

Curious if it's only PayPal redemption's or if they're going to charge us a fee to cash out period. Also curious if it's all companies associated with Perks.com or just GTM....

Well I guess they are under no obligation to tell us up front?That's not right.I do read the fine prints in a lot of terms and conditions and most companies say "they reserve the right to change their policies without notice " however I think that makes a company look shady especially when they don't send out change notices.I cashed out 2 times in Dec. haven't received my checks .I don't get Paypal from them I want as much of my money as I can get.I earned every penny and dag gone it I want it.I went and read their policies and no where does it say they will be charging for this.Plus aren't you suppose to have 1100 points to cash out well at least for checks .Whats the amount for Paypal?All it says is you are to have 1000 points to cash out.Boy do they need to update their web site.I see where you can ask for a $10 paypal at 230 points, has anyone tried using this and when did they start that?

I am also wondering Stilletto because like foot free says, you need 1100 points in order to cash out so how did you get $45. Also yes you can get $10 paypal but you have to list combinations of points to total to 1000 points. The combinations don't total to 1000 on the nose so I have to wait for more. I wish I had saved the reply they sent me. Please let me know if you get this service fee. It's just so unfair.

I am also wondering Stilletto because like foot free says, you need 1100 points in order to cash out so how did you get $45. Also yes you can get $10 paypal but you have to list combinations of points to total to 1000 points. The combinations don't total to 1000 on the nose so I have to wait for more. I wish I had saved the reply they sent me. Please let me know if you get this service fee. It's just so unfair.

And nowhere does it say that the denominations has to equal 1000 points in order to cash out.Very misleading................oh as for Stilletto she or he could have turned in 460 points - $20 345 -$15 and then 230 for the $10 adds up to 1035 points which is equal to $45.I thought you only needed the 1100 if you asked for a check and 1000 for Paypal.Please let me know if I'm wrong.Plus I agree cricket it is unfair.That is why we need protection against things like this happening.I mean it seems there are advocacy places for all kinds of things(apartment, housing,disabled people to name a few) yet not when it comes to taking surveys.I wonder how long before( if ever) there will be rules and regulations on survey companies.

My $45 PayPal redemption actually cost me 1,092 points -

$25 for 485

$15 for 364

$10 for 243

I'm Canadian which could account for the minor point discrepancies between FootFree's post above and mine.

I refuse to wait 3 months for their paper cheques, ever since they brought in the other options I'm all over them. I'm more than happy to pay a bit more to get the money into my PayPal account within 2 weeks.

If they are charging fees only for PayPal cash outs, I'll just switch over to $10 Amazon.ca cards - the $10 ones are 20 points less than $10 PayPal but their $25 certificates are actually much more (556 points for $25 Amazon.ca)

You don't have to redeem 1,000 points exactly - you just can't redeem when you have less than 1,000 points - give it a try.

you know, I thought the whole idea of them raising the point threshold, ex. from 1000 to 1100 points was make up for the fees their latest reward system. mmmmmmm.... :?:wink:

Not to get off subject but I had to return a Christmas gift today and I had to pay return shipping.They wanted $21 for me to return it to the sender.UPS says their policies changed at the beginning of the year and now they measure the box and charge accordingly.I only paid $38 for the boots so I'm not paying $21 to return them .Anyway ,I bet a lot of new policies will be going into effect,and not at the benefit of the consumer.

that's why i like Skechers.. they have free returns.. Amazon does on a lot of their footwear as well..

but as for GTM, Cricket are you in the States or Canada? I haven't cashed out this year so I didn't notice a charge.. though the move to 1100 points cash out up from a thousand was bad enough..

On 1/1/15 I cashed out $10 PayPal from mysurvey - they also use Perks.com so that'll at least answer part of the question when it eventually shows up.

Shipping fees on footwear has always been awful (I have a healthy appreciation for online shoe shopping :D) - but $21 is flat ridiculous! Hopefully you can re-sell the boots to recoup at least some of your money back.

I just email them about any new possible Paypal redemption fees. As soon as I hear something, I will post. I could not find anything on their website about redemption fees. I do know it takes more points about (10%) to redem thru Paypal than receiving a check.

They better not add any more fees. They're already (in essence) making you do 5 Surveys for free just to get paid as it is (given that $50 = 1000 points but you need 1150 to cash out, and the "average" points on a survey are 30 or 35 in recent months.)

Getting tired of their whole passive agressive game anyway. When you're close to cashing out, they send you 5 invites the entire week - 4 out of the 5 they know damn well you won't complete for one reason or another. And then when you finally cash out, you're suddenly FLOODED with new invites the next day.... it's their way of saying "Don't you DARE ignore me!" if you want to take a couple days off.

Geezus, if I wanted to deal with this kind of crap I would call my ex girlfriend. They are starting to act just like her. Including the ripping me off everytime I turn around part.

I just received a response about my inquiry about "Pay Pal Redemption fees" which were mention on this thread.

Thier response is as follows;

Thank you for contacting us. Please know that you will receive the amount of PayPal funds that you request when your order is placed and will incur no charges for the deposit. Please note, however, you may incur charges from PayPal based on transactions you authorize after the funds have posted to your account. We are not responsible for any charges incurred following the deposit of funds to your PayPal account. If you have any questions, or if I can be of additional assistance to you, please do not hesitate to let me know.

From this, there are no fees when using Paypal.