JUST CURIOUS

rstanc

Re: JUST CURIOUS

I know it often seems like they are all cheaters, but if you do your homework, you can settle on a comfortable list for yourself. I got tired of giving free opinions...when you answer 10-20 mins questions just to be "disqualified." I started a notepad file and took notes on each panel until I eliminated all the ones I felt were perpetual abusers (OTX, etc). You'll be amazed at how much relief you can get by eliminating just one crappy panel. Now I have a list of 15 panels I've decided to put up with. When I want to try a new one, I start by checking the panel ratings on this site. Some people love ones that I hated, maybe they're seeking difference demographics. Others with lots of sweeps got high ratings...I'd rather have a guaranteed nickel. Some that worked great for a while go sour. It's all up to you, personally.

Most people know at this point that you can't get rich doing this, but I can usually get at least a twenty dollar bill if I need it from one of the few I stick with. "Pin" money is what I want most...a little treat when I can not otherwise afford one. Plus, I just work on them while watching TV, and in this case, a double waste of time is actually worth something.

guerilla*gardener

I totally agree. I'm pissed off with GTM for their "sweepstakes" entries, Survey Spot has been all sweepstakes entries, I didn't qualify, or they received enough responses. The OTX surveys are starting to pop up again-they are the biggest waste of time! I can't and won't waste my time. Some newbie can go through the Honeymoon stage and do them.

Yeah...I used to have dreams of grandeur that we could sink the ships of the bad panels, but they just re-incarnate as another bad panel. If you already haven't, check out both the lists on this site: of panels that they have confirmed and ones they haven't. It's almost endless. That's why I depend on the ratings and feedback. I wish I knew better how to spread the word. The more people that know, the more that rate the panels, the less the bad ones will be able to burn people.

Its true that there are bad panels out there but not everyone has the same bad experience with each panel. I think some people can say that had exemplary service from one panel whilst another might say that they had appalling service from the same panel. I wonder if there really is a blacklist? I would love to know how to spread the word too!

:D

This site is an invaluable resource, I have to say, simply for comparing notes.

LizzieAnn

I agree, I have learned a lot from this forum. Although some people do better with some panels than others, I have found if there is a lot of complaining then most of the time there is a problem. You don't hear a lot of ranting about the good panels.

Lizzie, have you had any problems with the recent flooding in your area? Hope all is well.

It sounds like people on this forum aren't aware of the panel rankings and directory on survey police. I'm confused about where this forum is in cyberspace, but if you wish to check out the main site, it's simply SurveyPolice.com. I've always wished they would grow a little bigger and more organized, but even as is, they are an invaluable resource for survey takers.

Gene, fortunately although we have had lots of rain, there have been no serious problems :D Thank you for asking. A little while back the trains were not running due to the rails being undermined by serious flooding and not more than 50 miles from us, a lady I know had a stream which ran through her garden burst its banks and make its way into her back kitchen and garage and she had to stage a rescue for her guinea pigs who were in the garage. Fortunately she was in a rented house and her landlord got in an earthmover to divert the stream and all was well. :D

I love this site and do not often use the panel directory - it is not that I don't trust the ratings but I prefer to make up my own mind. The one thing I do find confusing is the fact that the panel is international - its a very diferent entity surveying in USA or UK - I know there is some crossover but not a great deal.

LizzieAnn

Well at least now I know I'm not the only one who is experiencing a survey decline. All my favorites panels have gone down hill especially GTM panel I use to cash out a $50 check every month ,oh those were the good old days. I stopped cashing out $50 about six months ago. GTM turned out to be like all the other sorry panels except for Opinion Outpost, I will be lucky if I can cash out in 3 or 4 months. I have been doing this for 6 years and I have never seen it this bad.

where did you read this about myview?

i got an email from them...they are also getting rid of paypal and switching to pre-paid debit cards or something like that