Now Pinecone wants Amazon info

footfree

I wrote about this before but then it was Harris Poll wanting my Amazon account info but now Pinecone wants it.Not sure what is going
on but are Harris and Pinecone somehow affiliated?I've been getting some Pinecone surveys from Harris for a while, however now
I'm getting Harris Poll from Pinecone.I know survey companies swap surveys however I have never gotten a swapped one from Pinecone.

Plus I dont think I want to give out my account info.

Heh. When I got that from harrispollonline, I tossed it. I'd gotten something similar from one of the others (forget which) several months ago, which I also tossed. When I got it from Pinecone, though, I said sure - cause I actually trust Pinecone. I honestly don't care whatsoever if companies want pretty much any information I might have, as long as they're paying me for it, they aren't going to make it a hassle for me to give it to them, it's not going to slow down my computer, and it's not PII a malicious employee could use to steal from me or mess with my life. I'm totally fine telling anyone who wants to pay me, everything I've ever bought on amazon, plus points if it's anonymous, but even if it weren't. But I wouldn't trust harrispollonline not to accidentally (or "accidentally") keep my amazon login and then later have someone access it to buy crap for themselves using my saved credit cards.

That might not be the same thing you're talking about, though, if yours looked harris poll-like. The one I got a couple days ago was definitively pinecone-branded through and through. I do agree with you: I get pinecone-branded surveys from Harris Poll sometimes (I also get them from OO sometimes), but I've never gotten anything but Pinecone surveys from Pinecone.

They are both owned by The Nielsen Company.

I thought as much - I wont do Pinecone for Harris the pay is really bad.How long have they own them?I have noticed lately that

Harris Poll doesn't want to give the 15 points when I don't qualify.Well not always but sometimes.

I declined the Amazon Pinecone sharing also. Some things are just to personal. I have my twin daughters wish list on there and it's nobody's business............. :|

How long have they own them?

According to Wikipedia Nielsen purchased them in 2013.

And, HOLY COW!

Nielsen Holdings agreed to purchase Harris Interactive for $116.6 million.

If you ever wonder just how valuable consumer data is just think about that 116.6 million. Nielsen wasn't really interested in buying Harris Interactive. They wanted the consumer profiles. Now imagine how much consumer data companies like Google and Facebook have and what it's worth. It's truly mind boggling.

They wanted the consumer profiles. Now imagine how much consumer data companies like Google and Facebook have and what it's worth. It's truly mind boggling.

Another mind boggling thing is other then Pinecone, Nieslen has to be one of the poorest paying surveys companies(at least in my opinion). I know
they own more then just these 2 companies.I believe some of the other companies don't even pay they just have chances to win prizes.

They wanted the consumer profiles. Now imagine how much consumer data companies like Google and Facebook have and what it's worth. It's truly mind boggling.

Another mind boggling thing is other then Pinecone, Nieslen has to be one of the poorest paying surveys companies(at least in my opinion). I know

they own more then just these 2 companies.I believe some of the other companies don't even pay they just have chances to win prizes.

Like Rewards TV. Opinion Outpost pays me $.40 for every day I do the Rewards TV survey. Not going to join Rewards TV and do the same thing for a chance at a prize. And then there are Communispace forums where I reply to some thread 4 times in a month and I get $10 AGC. Boggles the mind sometimes what some people will do for no pay.

I turned down that survey also. I see some of you said you did it because you trust Pinecone.

My thoughts, why? Why trust Pinecone with that info, they would use it the same way anyone else would. 

But the thing is these survey sites  have us take surveys for businesses that pay them to conduct the surveys, I doubt that the survey sites write the surveys themselves. The companies want specific info and the survey site would not know what to ask and even if it did how can a company trust a survey that someone else wrote. This is just what I think.

But many survey sites get the same survey to give to their members and this amazon history is just one of those surveys that many sites send to members. Pinecone is just a site that pays more for their surveys, that amazon report will go to the company that paid Pinecone to conduct it.

I turned down that survey also. I see some of you said you did it because you trust pinecone.

My thoughts, why? Why trust pinecone with that info, they would use it the same way anyone else would. 

But the thing is these survey sites  have us take surveys for businesses that pay them to conduct the surveys, I doubt that the survey sites write the surveys themselves. The companies want specific info and the survey site would not know what to ask and even if it did how can a company trust a survey that someone else wrote. This is just what I think.

But many survey sites get the same survey to give to their members and this amazon history is just one of those surveys that many sites send to members. Pinecone is just a site that pays more for their surveys, that amazon report will go to the company that paid pinecone to conduct it.

And then it's in hands of people whom you do not know nor have you ever met.Hate to be cynical but they made me this way.

Got another invite they want to pay 300 points or $3.00 for that info ,sorry not worth the pay.

Got that survey yesterday for $3.00 and said no. Thought about it for awhile but still said no. Guess they are still looking for people:)