Now Pinecone wants Amazon info

footfree

Yes, Neilson owns Pinecone.  Since I am an active Pinecone member, I was also invited to participate in the Nielson media meter project and making about $45 per month with Neilson just for wearing a small meter, which supposedly records all media outlets that I come across every day. It's a great way to earn extra income.  Unfortunately, they just randomly pick you and there's no way to actually sign up to do it.

Now, regarding Pinecone asking for your Amazon information......I agree that no one should be giving their account information to anyone.  I wouldn't even give that information to my best friend, so why the hell would I give it to Pinecone? I was also recently asked to provide a picture of a screen shot of my phone bill (including my account number) with the On The Go Survey app, for a $10 bonus.  I still refused! Never share any of your account information with a survey company OR allow any of them to track your internet usage on your computer/phone especially if you do your banking online....not very smart! 

I wrote about this before but then it was Harris poll wanting my Amazon account info but now Pinecone wants it.Not sure what is going

on but are Harris and Pinecone somehow affiliated?I've been getting some Pinecone surveys from Harris for a while, however now

I'm getting Harris poll from Pinecone.I know survey companies swap surveys however I have never gotten a swapped one from Pinecone.

Plus I dont think I want to give out my account info.

<Removed>

Edited by ksedwar
Forum Rules

I wrote about this before but then it was Harris poll wanting my Amazon account info but now Pinecone wants it.Not sure what is going

on but are Harris and Pinecone somehow affiliated?I've been getting some Pinecone surveys from Harris for a while, however now

I'm getting Harris poll from Pinecone.I know survey companies swap surveys however I have never gotten a swapped one from Pinecone.

Plus I dont think I want to give out my account info.

You're not giving out your account information, they just get a list of all the things you bough with no identifying information.

Whether or not only our purchases are used, and without identifying information, I enjoy using Amazon the way I feel like using it.   Unknown entities using that would adversely affect my enjoyment.

I hope invitations aren't denied because of non-participation in the Amazon venture -- haven't gotten more, incidentally -- but much as I like Pinecone, I would not turn over such personal information.

Don't know about others, but I got 18 copies of the same (Amazon) email.  Doesn't inspire confidence in the safety of information relayed.