You Gov sucks!

Njsurveyman

I have been a member with them for over a year and completed just about every survey sent to me. However, I am nowhere near close enough to cash out for anything. In fact, I just spent 10 min filling out a screener before even directed to the actual survey. I am so done with this cheap company.

I agree getting to payout takes way to long.First time I cashed out it took me 5 years.I didn't do all the surveys sent.Then I decided to do them, took me 2 years the next time around.I swore I wouldn't do that again but I look like I'm going to.I mean I cant see turning in the inflated points values for the gift certificates they offer.Plus all I really want is cash so I can spend it the way I want.

I used to love YouGov, until they stopped giving me credit for sureys. I need 10,000 more points and then I can cash out for the last time. They have really gone downhill imo.

Anyone considering you gov should definitely check out their rewards first.  Unless you can consistently use one of the very few $25 gift cards that are available for 30,000 points, you should pass on it. The only reason this site works for me is that I can get a $25 Walgreens gift cards at that point level and our insurance pretty much requires us to use Walgreens. I get enough points for a card every 4 or 5 months, which really isn't very often compared to other sites.

It takes so long and I have a real problem with sites that pay the same amount per survey, no matter how lonng.  Some YG surveys take 15 - 20 min, and you still only get 50 cents per survey usually.  And a lot of their surveys have all those radio buttons to push.  It's frustrating.

Here is the way I look at it.  Some of the sites that I was with stopped sending me surveys, I left with my money in their pockets, sometimes to the tune of $13.  I didn't have enough to cash out, so I had to walk away because I was never going to get another survey.  YouGov takes 2 years to cash out, but I just cashed out with iPoll after 2 years for $25.  At least I got $100 with YouGov.  When it takes me 2 years to get $25, I don't need to be bothering with them.  I am cleaning house and for now, YouGov stays, but others are going. 

I do agree that YouGov's pay is depressingly low. I'm sticking with them anyway, though, because a. they ask meaningful questions more often than not, so I think they're actually getting useful data that people might actually use in real studies, and that is cool - I'm always happier participating in surveys when they generate data that isn't totally junk, and b. all their surveys are in-house, and their site is remarkably bug-free from what I've seen so far, so between those, at least I feel like I can count on them to never completely waste my time, even if they're valuing my time fairly low.

But yeah. Pay is pretty darn low.

I've been with them a while and while every survey is 500 points it seems you really don't get thrown off a survey like many sites so I think the place is worth going to. It beats going through 3/4 of a survey and then being dumped while getting nothing for your work.

I have been knocked out of a survey before with them but it's so far and so few it really is not a problem.I also have had to ask them for points that I didn't get after taking one of their surveys. They have always answered but they are also slow when it comes to that.

They fought me last time when I completed two surveys and refused to give me credit. I know I finished the surveys because I made it to the last screen where you rate the survey, so for them to say that I didn't finish it, they are lying. All that drama over 1000 points, which is not even a dollar. So even though I generally like their surveys, I don't appreciate their customer service.

I had to contact them twice,they never answered my first email.They said they that didn't receive it but I know I sent it .I checked my sent folder and it was delivered .So ya they aren't the most honest.But at least I did get my 500 pts..

I've never had a problem with yougov, theyre actually one of my big earners.  I'm already at $125 in gift cards this year.

How?It takes me 2 years and doing every survey they send.If I could do it in a year I would have no problem.I actually don't have a beef with them except for the 20 minute survey I did this morning for 500 points at what someone said equals .50 cents.I wish they would give us a time length I might have passed doing this.Plus I think it only fair to know the length and pay.No one should be willing to work on anything without knowing how much they are to be paid.