Pinecone is back up and working

footfree

I had to put in my birth date in order to log on as a verification.The only change I see is Pinecone Research now has a $3,$5 $10 and now a $15   level button to cash out with Pay pal.Plus the virtual visa cards-they didn't have these before did they?

Edited by Administrator
Link to Pinecone Research's listing for those unfamiliar with the site

I always take paypal, but I did notice when they added paypal other than 3$ months ago, cause it meant I finally got to cash out the previously-useless dollar they gave me for joining a year+ ago. I don't remember if there was a 15$ option, or when they added that. That said, I did notice that they added the visa cards - that was recent, but before the downtime. Sometime in the last month or so. 

I haven't had any problems.

Just tried again, still 'down for maintenance'

Wonder if it's a location problem - I'm in UK, where are you?

Just tried again, still 'down for maintenance'

Wonder if it's a location problem - I'm in UK, where are you?

Culd be location and doesn't have to be different countries. There are many servers we have to go through to get to a place whether it be another country or in the US it could be north, south, eat or west and anywhere in between. People forget when we hit enter that our post doesn't go directly to the site even though a split second passes when we do hit enter.

Most of us live in the US.It took about 3 days to get it fixed here.Plus when they did this with Harris Poll (which Pinecone owns)it took much longer for them to get it up and running.

Nielsen owns Pincone. That I know of unless something has change, Harris is owned by Harris.

Correct - Harris Online is owned by Harris (they have a location here in town).

I too have been seeing the "down for maintenance" message on the Pinecone site the last 2 days. Not sure what's up.

Found this on Wikiapedia  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harris_Interactive

In November 2013, Nielsen Holdings agreed to purchase Harris Interactive for $116.6 million.[4] The purchase was completed on February 3, 2014.[5] The Harris Poll continues to run and current releases by The Harris Poll can be found on their new website.[6]

OK, I  learned something today!

No they didn't have gift cards till several months ago, just checks and paypal, I'm glad the added amazon.............................. :wub: