Beware: Global Test Market Lies, No Longer Pays

Whatatay

I completed two surveys today from Global Test Market. Both were worth 35 points each. At the end of each survey, my points did not increase. The same thing happened 2 weeks on an 80 point survey that I spent over 30 minutes on. I contacted GTM support and of course the first email they send you tells you the issue is resolved and to write back if it isn't. The issue was not resolved. They didn't do anything. They are hoping you don't keep track of your points and just assume they gave them to you.

I had to reply to them and tell them they didn't do anything. About a week and a half later I got credit for the 80 point survey.

So now it looks like there new mode of operation (ie theft) is to not give credit for any surveys and make you beg. Unless you keep track, they will tell you it is resolved when it isn't. Looks like they have become as dishonest as Datatelligence. If they don't pay me for these two 35 points surveys I will file a complaint with the BBB.

Reading messages on the Slick Deals survey board, this same thing is happening to other people. They are also getting the canned response saying the issue has been resolved when it hasn't. GTM is definitely a dishonest company. Perhaps people are wising up and not doing their free sweepstakes surveys so they feel they have to rip the members off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just canceled my membership w/Global Test Market. They wanted to know why so I told them because of all the complaints other survey takers have written about in here which obviously shows there is a problem with them.

Geez - I'm already on my last leg with this company.

Hearing about this might make me walk away from my points just to not support them any longer, though I wanted to cash out - THEN leave, but if they are pulling this - what's the point.

SurveyBang, can you let me know when you cashed out and how many points you have accumulated since then. I cashed out on 4/19/10 and have 225 points as of now. Just wondering how much better you are doing with this company, that seems to be going down hill fast.

I'm getting a few 40-75 point surveys, but not much lately...too many of those 3 entry crap things....plus I'm finding that I'm getting dq'd for the point surveys which I never did before....

SurveyBang, can you let me know when you cashed out and how many points you have accumulated since then. I cashed out on 4/19/10 and have 225 points as of now. Just wondering how much better you are doing with this company, that seems to be going down hill fast.

I cashed out on April 11. According to their blog, I can estimate that the check will arrive on May 28th. Its looks as if your check should be in the mail as of June 4th.

Hello,

Thank you for your continued contribution to the GlobalTestMarket community. We have received your request to redeem 3030 MarketPoints. Please expect to receive a check in your local currency within 4-6 weeks if you live within the United States and 6-8 weeks if you live anywhere else. Your check will be sent to:....

Since April 11th, I have earned 525 points. I am doing this long-term ESPN special survey for them and recent surveys include:

2010-05-05 Survey #166374 STUDY COMPLETE 35

2010-05-04 Survey #166179 STUDY COMPLETE 35

2010-05-04 Survey #165888 STUDY SCREEN 5

2010-04-30 Survey #165506 STUDY COMPLETE 40

2010-04-29 Survey #165866 STUDY COMPLETE 15

2010-04-27 Survey #165489 STUDY COMPLETE 35

2010-04-25 Survey #165384 STUDY COMPLETE 35

2010-04-24 Survey #165013 STUDY COMPLETE 60

2010-04-23 Survey #164661 STUDY COMPLETE 60

2010-04-23 Survey #165298 STUDY COMPLETE 30

They seem fine to me, I just cashed out for like 151.50$. Im on pace to cash out with them for another 50 about every 45 days. Sometimes i just let it sit and collect points. I actually have an outside shot at making the tax cap of 600 dollars in a fiscal year with this company. I dont know why people are so down on it. :?:

kinda of the same thing with all the survey spot post trashing them. They have been great for me. Just did a 25$ interactive for them and a chewing gum product test for 5$ total. I just cashed out with them on:

May 2, 2010 Payment From Survey Sampling International LLC

Completed Details Payment From Survey Sampling International LLC

$50.00 USD

As of right now I already have another 500 points my account since cashing out 4 days ago....

Rewards Claim

You currently have 500 points. To make a claim you need a minimum of 1000 points.

Survey Spot Points claimed to date: 13150.

I joined this company on December 1, 2009....I have made 131$ in 6 months. I think that isnt too shabby to average 3-400$ a year with one company. I havent a clue why people blast them so much. :?:

Personally, I think all these people running to the BBB are getting themselves flagged or something. They all have the same problems with the same companies to get their money. I dont rush the companies to get money I have earned so long as they deliver. Granted some people are relying on these payments as a means to help them survive and I TOTALLY understand that and have no problem with them taking the BBB as a means to an end. It is completely their right or responsibility to do so after all.

But to say that survey companies are in decline is a HUGE mis-statement. Anyone that watches the market for example knows that you could have made back all your loses in just the last 12 months from the huge crash of the housing market and its ripple effect. Its the same for the survey industry. It went way down about 24-18 months ago but since then its been a steady increase of money flowing from these companies. You are now seeing survey ads on TV as well. i think its BigBuckSurvey that runs their ad on TV about joining their site...which is nothing but a bunch of referral links mind you...but they are making enough money to advertise on a mass media outlet. That alone should be enough to show you that the market for surveys are growing. With the creation of sweepstakes entries, alot of companies were testing the water with it to get a feel for consumer reaction...which for the most part wasnt good. Most of the survey companies are peeling back on those SS surveys and still sending a majority of paying ones.

Will people have trouble with companies, points, technical issues, whatever....absolutely. At this moment, Ipsos deducted 450 points from my account this month. I have no idea why but I sent them a casual email asking why. It make take them 2 weeks to respond but knowing their CS is slow, they will do so. It make even take me a month or two to get my account straight but it will get straight. Blowing a gasket over it doesnt help me at all and just burns survey takers out. We dont work in a perfect system and I realize that the CS for most of the companies probably get blasted many times a day from irrate survey takers who have had issues. They are much more likely to work with people who keep it professional...even if its on a less than amiable time table for the person wanting an answer. But in the end, I havent had a situation that I couldnt get resolved through simple email.

I totally agree with what you're saying here....I've had no problems with GTM at all...Once I've cashed out I've always received my $$$$...As for Ipsos I've had the same problem...I have a bunch of points in my account one day..the next day I go back & a bunch had vanished...I was like WTF?....& they talk about giving extra points to members who've been with them a long time...I have..& they're taking them away...they do pay..but it takes forever to receive anything in the mail from them.....I still love Pinecone Research...anytime I've ever done a survey my $$$$ is there within a week...not once have they ever ripped me...& have received product tests from them also....I also notice people are tearing into

Opinion Outpost...I think they're one of the best companies for me...I've had more & more surveys in recent weeks...always have my points credited instantly to my account....& always been paid...plus I love the Amazon instant to your account...

along with Lightspeed Panel...they've always been solid for me....I haven't had to go to the BBB for anything...like you do I tend to just sit back & wait for the $$$$ to arrive...I haven't really had to pressure any company to get my cash...other than

Survey Spot right now that's screwing me around telling me my Paypal address is invalid which is crap...I deal with Paypal

3-4 times a week...so they're screwing me......Hope everyone out here can get what's owing to them soon ...

Considering all the complaints of GTM I'd say you two are the exception to the rule. A lot of people don't like working and taking weeks to get paid. I wouldn't work a real job if they told me my paycheck would be delayed by 4-8 weeks.

But in the end, I havent had a situation that I couldnt get resolved through simple email.

If you haven't had a situation that you couldn't get resolved through email then you've obviouslly never had to email lightspeed.

SurveyBang , you do really well with GTM and other companies, can you let me know if you do there bogus 3 daily 3 monthly sweepstakes surveys, that I'm being bombarded with every day. Can you also please feel me in on your demographics and how long you have been taking surveys, Please do tell.

SurveyBang , you do really well with GTM and other companies, can you let me know if you do there bogus 3 daily 3 monthly sweepstakes surveys, that I'm being bombarded with every day. Can you also please feel me in on your demographics and how long you have been taking surveys, Please do tell.

I wont go into demographics as I dont pass out personal info to anonymous people (just a web security thing).

I dont do any sweepstakes surveys from any companies. I get a TON from Surveyspot and less from GTM. I started taking surveys on 7/11/08. I currently have 30 survey companies and ptc companies. GTM, SH, OO, Toluna have been the best performing companies for me. I joined SS on 9/1/09 and have made about 130 so they are ups for me too. I have no referrals on any company.

Lately GTM has gotten back to sending points surveys. They no longer offer the 5 points if you dont qualify however.

Most days I have the time to get to any survey that hits my inbox. I always do the surveys that have the best or most paying methods first.

Toluna have been the best performing companies for me.

Really, I read horror stories about them all over the interwebz. They actually pay you what they owe you? You're like a rarity, lol.