Globaltestmarket scammed me on a survey!

TSP1973

I was doing a survey today that was worth 35 points with Globaltestmarket, it of course was one that was sponsored by one of there partners! I spent OVER 30 minutes answering questions on DVD's, movies, which one's I like, which ones I buy first, which ones I seen and stuff like that. It was quite obvious that they weren't asking questions for screening out purpose, plus the length in time. But after over 30 minutes of answering a bunch of questions and seeming like this survey was dragging on forever, I finally got to the classification questions and answered those! Then to my surprise, instead of getting the credit of 35 points, I get "unfortunately you don't qualify for the survey"! :evil: I was FLAMING MAD and PISSED OFF, that they just SCAMMED me by getting ALL the questions they needed for there survey, then telling me they are NOT going to pay me!!! :evil: I immediately sent them an email with my discussed over the survey! Told them that I DID NOT appreciate spending 30 minutes of MY TIME and getting all the question they need, then to have me disqualified! I told them they have 3 days to credit my account or I would report them to the BBB for scamming me!

So I guess we will see what there response is, which they probably won't respond! But if they do, I have a feeling that they will say "no" to giving me credit, forcing me to go to the BBB and filling a complaint! Well as soon as I here a response, I will let you all know what they said! :D

I almost feel over in my chair today!!! I open my email to see what was in it and to my surprise and complete shock, Globaltestmarket had responded in less that 24 hours to my email complaint on the survey and credited me 35 points! :shock:

[GlobalTestMarket Support #217797] GTM:Surveys

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 3:22 AM

"Dilyana Stancheva via RT"

Add sender to Contacts

To:

[email protected]

Dear Tracy,

We are really sorry for the inconvenience!

Your account has been credited with the promised points.

--

Best Regards,

Dilyana

The GlobalTestMarket Team

I have never had a survey company respond that fast to a email like this! I guess they didn't like the fact that I was going to report them to the BBB in 3 days if I didn't get credit! :D

Are you sure they credited you? Did you know what your points were before you took the survey? They will sometimes say you were given credit when you weren't.

I keep records of all survey companies with current points and what surveys were taken, on what dates, what they were about, and how much they paid.

Don't take their word for it. Make sure you got credit.

Are you sure they credited you? Did you know what your points were before you took the survey? They will sometimes say you were given credit when you weren't.

I keep records of all survey companies with current points and what surveys were taken, on what dates, what they were about, and how much they paid.

Don't take there word for it. Make sure you got credit.

Yea I had just cashed out and was at zero points finally! So when they sent me the email I checked and my points was at 35. So yea I am positive that they did give me credit. :D

Glad to see someone getting their points! I've been unable to complete a survey in months. Stuck at 565 points. :(

I know the feeling. Was stuck on 640 forever, then somehow started getting on a bit of a roll and cashed out not too long ago.

Here are some interesting statistics on GTM. I have been signed up with them for 4 1/2 months. In that time, they have sent me 227 survey invites. 125 were for zero points (55%). Approximately 1/2 of those were really from OTX.

Of the 102 that were points (actually paying for your time), I only qualified for 16, just under 16%.

They actually sent me one OTX freebie eight (8) separate times over the course of 2 weeks. What, did they think if they kept sending it, I would do it for free?

I wouldn't really mind a 16% completion rate if all the surveys had points attached. But to waste time deleting 55% of the invites you receive is becoming frustrating.

Yeah, it's stats like that which really make me think if I want to start up another climb to 1000 points.

Right now, I'm leaning no.

• 2 months later...

Global test Market has caused me some of the greatest anger I have experienced in 5 years of survey-taking. I echo the people who were 20 or 30 minutes into a survey only to be told they don't qualify.

Basically, since I am now 60% of my way to qualifying for mynext $50 payout threshold, I will stick with it until then. (They DO pay, at least- received my $50 bucks check in the spring)... After that, I'll quit them forever.

I spent 90 minutes trying to complete an interesting survey for GTM last Saturday morning. I was over 30 minutes into it when I got an error page, so I went back to my email with the link and started the survey again. Same thing happened. I was determined to finish this survey so I started it 3 times and never was able to finish it. I sent an email to them to complain.

To their credit, I got a response the next day. A "Diana" told me to try it again - but until I actually finished the survey, I would not get payment for it. So, I started the survey again on a different computer in a different location. Same thing happened - after working on the survey for about 30 minutes, I got an error page. I fired an email off to GTM and have not heard back from them.

I've wasted over 2 hours of my time on that one survey and will get nothing for it. And it's my fault because I kept trying it over and over.

I wish these survey companies realized that there are some of us out here who really enjoy taking surveys and are honest and spend a lot of time and effort completing their surveys. We just need to get paid fairly for the work that we do.

I spent 90 minutes trying to complete an interesting survey for GTM last Saturday morning. I was over 30 minutes into it when I got an error page, so I went back to my email with the link and started the survey again. Same thing happened. I was determined to finish this survey so I started it 3 times and never was able to finish it. I sent an email to them to complain.

To their credit, I got a response the next day. A "Diana" told me to try it again - but until I actually finished the survey, I would not get payment for it. So, I started the survey again on a different computer in a different location. Same thing happened - after working on the survey for about 30 minutes, I got an error page. I fired an email off to GTM and have not heard back from them.

I've wasted over 2 hours of my time on that one survey and will get nothing for it. And it's my fault because I kept trying it over and over.

I wish these survey companies realized that there are some of us out here who really enjoy taking surveys and are honest and spend a lot of time and effort completing their surveys. We just need to get paid fairly for the work that we do.

I am really puzzled with your message. You try two times to take a survey that gave you an error 30 minutes into it, and then go ahead and try a third time. What made you think the third time would be different?

However, what really puzzles me is that they told you to try a 4th time and tthat they won't pay you until you cpmplete it, so you tried it again. If I spend 30 minutes on a survey and it goes into an error, the survey company will pay me or I let the BBB handle it. In 3 minutes you could have filed a BBB complaint and probably gotten the money, Instead you let this survey company know that it is okay to cheat us out of points with their fake errors because you will spend 2 hours, get nothing for your time, and then try a 4th time.

You're right, it is your fault. Not only for trying 4 times, but for not filling a complaint with the BBB after they told you they weren't paying you. They got 30 minutes worth of answers for free. If you don't think the error was intentional to get answers for free, then you have a lot to learn about these survey companies.

Yes, you're right and I've learned my lesson. I was just bound and determined I was going to finish the danged thing. Won't do it again, believe me. Thanks for the reprimand, btw. :lol:

I am really puzzled with your message. You try two times to take a survey that gave you an error 30 minutes into it, and then go ahead and try a third time. What made you think the third time would be different?

However, what really puzzles me is that they told you to try a 4th time and tthat they won't pay you until you cpmplete it, so you tried it again. If I spend 30 minutes on a survey and it goes into an error, the survey company will pay me or I let the BBB handle it. In 3 minutes you could have filed a BBB complaint and probably gotten the money, Instead you let this survey company know that it is okay to cheat us out of points with their fake errors because you will spend 2 hours, get nothing for your time, and then try a 4th time.

You're right, it is your fault. Not only for trying 4 times, but for not filling a complaint with the BBB after they told you they weren't paying you. They got 30 minutes worth of answers for free. If you don't think the error was intentional to get answers for free, then you have a lot to learn about these survey companies.

I understand why you tell people to file a complaint with the BBB. But do you have to talked down on them like they're stupid? Do you come on here to find someone to argue with? I read a lot of your posts, and your posts to some of these people seems like you're calling them stupid. That's not good

I understand why you tell people to file a complaint with the BBB. But do you have to talked down on them like they're stupid? Do you come on here to find someone to argue with? I read a lot of your posts, and your posts to some of these people seems like you're calling them stupid. That's not good

Please show me a post where I called anyone stupid. Apparently it is the way you feel about them so are trying to use me to say what you are thinking.

Do you think I like coming here and being a hard ass? I don't. Some people take free surveys, or get ripped off by survey companies, come here to complain, but then won't stand up for themselves. A lot of this just defies common sense and logic.

Someone here has to be the heavy to get people to stop the abuses of survey companies. You may think these people are stupid, and that is not good, but I don't. All I am guilty of is using tough love to motivate people to take action. Several have followed my advise and been sucessful at getting what they deserve.

If people here would rather I not post, I will leave. I don't see a whole hell of a lot of others offering any help or solutions. Just complaints and warnings to not use a survey company.