More problems with Opinon Outpost

TSP1973

I use to think this survey company was one of the best, good service and get your checks fast and good pay out for completing surveys. Well my Opinion of them has really gone down hill in the past few weeks. I did this survey on May 21, 2010 for 25 points aka $2.50. Most of the time you get your points right away, but on this one even after successfully completing it, it showed up as started on the available survey section. So I sent them an email on it and they told me that it would take a couple of weeks to get credit for this one. Well today I logged on and the survey was gone in the survey's available section. So I thought cool, I got my points. Well unfortunately when I went to check my points, they didn't credit me for it. :evil: So I sent them an email a few minutes ago about it, telling them if I didn't receive my points by June 4, 2010 then I would report them to the BBB and ripoffreport.com. Well I am not getting my hopes up with them, because of the recent problems trying to get credit for a survey done back in March for 30 points. Still fighting them on that one! :evil:

It's sad, you think you find a good survey company and then they just try to screw you over! :( What ever happen to plain honesty!

give them the chance to rectify the problem. I see in another post you had a problem with them and they credited you the points. Dont burn your bridges without good time and cause.

give them the chance to rectify the problem. I see in another post you had a problem with them and they credited you the points. Dont burn your bridges without good time and cause.

You do have a point and I didn't think about that at the time. I have just been SO frustrated with these survey companies lately, that it seems like the only thing you can do to get anything done is to get right on them! :( Or else they put you on the back burner forever, twiddling there thumbs around seeing how long they can hold off on paying you! :(

i have had to bear through emails that ask the same thing over and over. I just copy paste the information into the reply email of the old email. I finally got a response that amounted to people not communicating with one another hence me having to restate the same information to different people.

• 1 month later...

I think if you stay with them & email them when a problem comes up (dont threaten them) itll be ok.

I have been with them for maybe 3 months & have cashed out twice, one for sitting on a online focus panel. It ended up glitching out but I got paid anyway! I stayed on them. It was for 400 points, $40-, they ended up paying 500 pts, $50-.

I was happy.

I too am having problems with this company .I completed a survey with them back the first of June .It was for a product and they said if you wouldlike to try it complete this form so we can send it to you .

So I completed that info and hit submit .

Only to see internet explorer page not found .

And so I email them about it because I did complete the survey .

I get a generic email a few days later with well were sorry the quota is full .

HMMMM thats not what I asked you .

I told you I did this survey I completed all of it where is my points ?

So I sent a notice to BBB about them .

They have ignored the BBB first request .

They have now sent them a second request and they have til 7/7 to respond .

I am starting to think they don't care .

• 2 weeks later...

What are you talking about burning bridges? If a survey company screws people over, they get what they deserve. I have filed no less than 6 complaints with the BBB and have had the points credited with no retaliation from the survey companies. I am not going to act like a sissy and let a survey company screw me over because I am afraid of burning bridges. If that's how they are, I don't want to be a member. People who take crap from survey companies and don't do anything about it are the ones causing them to continue the abuse. Get some guts and stand up to them.

I am surprised to hear this, really. Well, I know there are problems with every company out there, but I have never had problems with this group. I guess I should take more time and check the credits, thanks for giving the heads up. This was one of the two companies that I have never had to "dog" about the credits or money crediting to my account. Hope you get your points and get things worked out with them.

What are you talking about burning bridges? If a survey company screws people over, they get what they deserve. I have filed no less than 6 complaints with the BBB and have had the points credited with no retaliation from the survey companies. I am not going to act like a sissy and let a survey company screw me over because I am afraid of burning bridges. If that's how they are, I don't want to be a member. People who take crap from survey companies and don't do anything about it are the ones causing them to continue the abuse. Get some guts and stand up to them.

The previous posts clearly stated in another thread that OO had given him the credit he deserved when he used the proper channels in the recent past. READ for the sake of reading already.

Here is the thread

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1094&p=6779&sid=a5e37b21d26d9a2204fa65763cfaec99#p6779

I know its the internet so its easy just to shoot off at the mouth and let personal bias run amuck, but good companies work not matter how much you want people to believe otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...

The previous posts clearly stated in another thread that OO had given him the credit he deserved when he used the proper channels in the recent past. READ for the sake of reading already.

Here is the thread

I know its the internet so its easy just to shoot off at the mouth and let personal bias run amuck, but good companies work not matter how much you want people to believe otherwise.

If good companies work, why are so many people having problems?

Doesn't matter what the other thread said. I think we have all had survey companies respond favorably and then stop doing so. Lightspeed comes to mind. They always answered and fixed the problems. Then they suddenly stopped answering emails. They are one company I had to fill a BBB complaint against and won. OO is another one. They solved some problems and then refused to credit me for a survey that went into an error after I spent a huge amount of time on. They said there was nothing they could do because it was a technical error. After filing a BBB complaint, they not only gave me the points my survey history showed "points awarded technical error" which isn't even on their legend.

Survey companies can and will pay you, as long as you have the guts to stand up for yourself.

I see you don't have the guts to stand up for yourself so you resort to insults by saying I am shooting my mouth off because you think someone should let themselves be screwed over by a company that at one time solved a problem.

At least I can say I am responsible for quite a number of people getting problems solved after I encouraged them to file BBB complaints and they did so successfully. What have you done, other than discourage people to stand up for themselves, and who have the guts that you lack?

I truly have never had a problem with this company...Always received credit after completing surveys and receive my checks in a timely manner

I've never had a problem with OO. As far as getting compensated for doing surveys they are the best. I used to cash out immediately, now I'm keeping my money with them and am going to cash out to buy my girl something nice. ( I got $120 right now after one month of participation).

Very well put Whatatay! :D

Thank you. The problem is we are all alone against the survey companies who don't seem to have a problem screwing us out of or just compensation. There is no one to stand up for us but ourselves and when we start making excuses for survey companies or start laying down and let them walk all over us, things will only get worse.

• 2 weeks later...

"If good companies work, why are so many people having problems?"

What other people are you talking about? This is a response to one person's thread. STOP generalizing all the problems of survey taking on one thread alone.

"Doesn't matter what the other thread said. I think we have all had survey companies respond favorably and then stop doing so. Lightspeed comes to mind. They always answered and fixed the problems. Then they suddenly stopped answering emails. They are one company I had to fill a BBB complaint against and won. OO is another one. They solved some problems and then refused to credit me for a survey that went into an error after I spent a huge amount of time on. They said there was nothing they could do because it was a technical error. After filing a BBB complaint, they not only gave me the points my survey history showed "points awarded technical error" which isn't even on their legend."

It does matter what the other thread says BECAUSE THAT PERSON WAS PAID. Period. That is the whole point.

"Survey companies can and will pay you, as long as you have the guts to stand up for yourself."

Again, you generalize all of your problems from survey companies on one thread.

"I see you don't have the guts to stand up for yourself so you resort to insults by saying I am shooting my mouth off because you think someone should let themselves be screwed over by a company that at one time solved a problem."

Hey kettle, you seen that pot. You throw a stone then you act like an internet victim. Dont call someone gutless then get all offended because you got a reply. If the company has already proven that they are willing to solve a problem then let them. Case in point:

Opinion Outpost Reward Notification‏

We wanted to let you know that your points for survey number 68016140 have now been awarded to your account, this survey was started on 2010-08-01 and was worth a total of 20 points. To view these points you can login to your account, and then go to your Survey History where the points will be posted. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Customer Service.

Thanks, Opinion Outpost

[email protected]

701 E. Timpanogos Parkway Building

M Orem, UT 84097

8/16/10

O no, it took them over 2 weeks to get the issue resolved. I know this must be unacceptable by your standards but survey companies dont have CS departments on stand by to settle you every whim.

"At least I can say I am responsible for quite a number of people getting problems solved after I encouraged them to file BBB complaints and they did so successfully. What have you done, other than discourage people to stand up for themselves, and who have the guts that you lack?"

Did he get paid on this thread? I think he did...gee i must lack guts, you must lack common sense. Either way, we were paid...you have a...bbb report lol.

No one has said that other people shouldnt use any means capabable of getting what they deserve. But in this case, OO is more than willing to solve problems for their users. They have a proven track record of being slow but consisent. Stop advocating that the survey world is out to screw people over every chance they get. There are respectable companies that operate.