Jump to content

Recurring surveys you run away from...


Trueblue
 Share

Recommended Posts

Techonomic food survey - it is never ending

Health care provider survey - "No hospital comes to mind" is an oft used response

Any Opinionshere. especially "within the next 10 years" Fitness equipment is a quick DQ Thank God

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anything that says it will take me longer than 8 minutes to complete, which is why I only do surveys for a select few companies now.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Trueblue said:

Techonomic food survey - it is never ending

Health care provider survey - "No hospital comes to mind" is an oft used response

Any Opinionshere. especially "within the next 10 years" Fitness equipment is a quick DQ Thank God

 

I keep away from them too. They go on and on!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lists - any survey asking for a list of any kind- how many car makers can you list.How many retailers can you list ?I always press the I can't think of any. Ipsos how many hours of tv did you watch?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anything that says it'll take more than 20 minutes. Anything that says it'll take more than 5 minutes and pays less than about 10 cents a minute, bare minimum. Anything that asks how many movies I've seen in the past 6 months, or if I'm planning on buying a new car in the next year. Also literally anything from opco, ugam or JD Power. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Video game surveys - even thought I know a fair amount about them I usually DQ about half way through.

Movie surveys - I'll only do one about every two months because I've done movie surveys that I thought were new only to be told that I had already completed it.

Any survey that is 30 minutes or longer - I won't risk wasting that much time.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Globaltestmarket computer game survey.

It sucks. Eventually it comes to a massive list of around 100 games and asks if I have heard of them or not. It takes at least 10 minutes to fill in this list. Then you know what? After that is done it lists all games I have heard of (often 50+) and shows a tick box asking me to say where I heard about each of these games (tv, online banners, review websites, youtube, preview sites, friends and so on). This when done to the best of my ability takes up to 15 minutes.

If that wasn't enough, it's 1 of those surveys where just after doing the tickbox task, it's 50/50 as to weather it screens me out of not.


Yep and the ugamsolutions movie surveys because changing the volume during the study can screen you out because you clicked away from the browser window

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/7/2017 at 6:13 PM, Trueblue said:

Any Opinionshere. especially "within the next 10 years" Fitness equipment is a quick DQ Thank God

 

I've DQ on that by saying smartphone, computer, kitchen appliances, probably a few other things I can't remember that I realistically would replace within 10 years so I don't know what they're looking for.  Maybe it just always leads to a boring car survey so they want me to say car?

Quote

Yep and the ugamsolutions movie surveys because changing the volume during the study can screen you out because you clicked away from the browser window

Whoever okayed these was a moron for exactly the reason you said: you can't adjust the volume while you're watching it.  But you have no idea how loud or quiet it will be or if it'll be hard to hear dialogue over the music or whatever until it starts playing! 

I haven't seen this recurring one recently so maybe it finally died but there used to be a Nielsen one that would ask what tv shows you watched recently and then it would flash the name of one show at a time on the screen and automatically go to the next one and it went on for a looooong time because it felt like they asked you about every show on every channel on every day on television and you had to click on the names as they popped up before they disappeared so you were captive at the screen until it finished (and of course there was no status bar or idea when it would end).  Then they would ask you what magazines you've recently read and it would do the same damn thing one magazine title at a time.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NaomiNo said:

 

Whoever okayed these was a moron for exactly the reason you said: you can't adjust the volume while you're watching it.  But you have no idea how loud or quiet it will be or if it'll be hard to hear dialogue over the music or whatever until it starts playing! 

Yeah exactly. It's a bit harsh really. I can understand they don't want people minimising the window while the clip plays and not watching it at all but they could easily integrate a system where if the browser window showing the clip isn't in front, it pauses the playback until it is. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a question. I have completed surveys for a long time and sporadically redeemed rewards. This year is rough for me and I'm going nuts trying to make money. I've done ok so far. My question is if we close out surveys-don't complete, internet glitch, etc-are we penalized? On opinon outpost and ipoll, I have closed them out early because the survey was awful or those doggone family members interrupt me, lol. After doing that, sometimes I don't get a survey for the rest of the day. Also, are those 2 sites so closely intertwined that they both DQ because you're close to cashing out on either site? It's maddening. Also want to say that I have really enjoyed being a member of Survey Police!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/10/2017 at 0:50 PM, GammiWoo said:

I have a question. I have completed surveys for a long time and sporadically redeemed rewards. This year is rough for me and I'm going nuts trying to make money. I've done ok so far. My question is if we close out surveys-don't complete, internet glitch, etc-are we penalized? On opinon outpost and ipoll, I have closed them out early because the survey was awful or those doggone family members interrupt me, lol. After doing that, sometimes I don't get a survey for the rest of the day. Also, are those 2 sites so closely intertwined that they both DQ because you're close to cashing out on either site? It's maddening. Also want to say that I have really enjoyed being a member of Survey Police!!

Plus we like having fresh opinions of others.So welcome and please come by often!I'm not with Opinion Outpost or ipoll so I cant comment on them.Are you with One Opinion?I seem to be having the most luck with them lately.

(Plus we like having fresh opinions of others)

I should have said "from others" - lol I  had to laugh at myself for that one!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...