• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TSP1973

• avemaria

• Whatatay1

• peach6

Maybe they're doing a test run and testing out different demographics.If they see it's going over well in this area then maybe they'll do it everywhere else.I cant understand why they offer some this and not others unless they are doing what Erewards is doing and offer different prizes to it's people.But do you remember when they switched from $5 to $3, it took awhile before they got to everyone.

it makes sense though because they pay their check service and paypal for each transaction.. many people know it's a company they can build up an amount with over time so they'll just wait to cash out until it's a more usable amount.. so rather than scam us by taking more money from our surveys, they're trying to save costs on their end..

Bull. Look at the rewards site. They are paying someone to administer that. They could have just as easily created thresholds for cashing out to Paypal or by check, say $10 or $20.

See my email in this forum about the hassle it is to cash out $3. The whole purpose of this change was not to save Pinecone money. It was to discourage people from cashing out and to offer prizes which are much lower in value than the monetary value of the points.

it makes sense though because they pay their check service and paypal for each transaction.. many people know it's a company they can build up an amount with over time so they'll just wait to cash out until it's a more usable amount.. so rather than scam us by taking more money from our surveys, they're trying to save costs on their end..

I agree with you!!.................... :D

Wait until you have to cash out $3 and you see what a hassle it is. Then you won't be so happy to agree with a company giving the members the shaft.

Okay been searching around their Gift Sections and I must say out of all the other survey company's Gifts, Pinecone has them beat! A lot of nice Gifts and a HUGE Amount to choose from. They even have Tiffany & company stuff as well which is a very fine brand of Jewelry and products! So I must say I am impressed with their selections. However I haven't done a $3 survey yet to see what the points come out to be.

You havce been suckered by their rewards website without even knowing what the point values are.

I will tell you. A $3 survey gives you 300 points. Now you can see they switched to rewards points so they can much lower value gifts than the monetary value of the points.

What is wrong with you complimenting a survey company for doing something so bad without even knowing what the point values are? This just encourages these companies to stick it to the members.

UPDATE: Message edited to correct point values, ie a $3 survey gives you 300 points not 3000.

since i've gone to the debit form of payment, most of my payments are put on the card within a day, sometimes by the end of the day.

still as of now i see nothing of this new system in my account.. i haven't received an email on it either.. also their FAQ page, you'd think this new compensation system would be listed.. i see nothing of it.. just paypal, check and debit questions.

Did my first survey with these new system and I got 300 points for it. I emailed them last week about where the cash out is located at to cash out for the cash because I can't find it. They still haven't replied to my question.

See my email in this forum about the hassle it is to cash out $3. The whole purpose of this change was not to save Pinecone money. It was to discourage people from cashing out and to offer prizes which are much lower in value than the monetary value of the points.

Whatatay, where is this email you posted located at on the forums and what it the name of the post? I can't find it and I would like to read the email. Thank You! 8)

is any of this showing up in the FAQ section for anyone else? seems like it should be there.. i can't see anything.

My last survey with them was on Feb. 1st and it went right to the debit card account i have with them.. no mention of points or waiting for a 500,000 point tablet or something..

Whatatay, where is this email you posted located at on the forums and what it the name of the post? I can't find it and I would like to read the email. Thank You! 8)

Sorry, it was not an email but a posted message. It is here on the Rants and Raves" forum and is called "Pinecone's New Cash Out System Sucks"

You can take this link to the post http://forum.surveypolice.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3555&sid=2ea02e970084a889ed41c85288177924

Did my first survey with these new system and I got 300 points for it. I emailed them last week about where the cash out is located at to cash out for the cash because I can't find it. They still haven't replied to my question.

Do a search for "cash" and you will get the option. That's what I had to do. They purposely hid it. That's why they aren't replying to your email. They don't want you to cahs out for points.

See my post on this forum called "Pinecone's New Cash Out System Sucks" to see what a hassle it is to get a measly $3. The link to that post is here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3555

Also, everyone who gets moved to the points reward system needs to email Pinecone and complain. I did and told them that is is just an effort to keep members from cashing out and to offer prizes at a much lower value than the monetary value of the points.

I'm in Canada & just did a survey the other day & still got my $5 via Paypal...so nothing has changed on this end for me yet..been with them about 3-4 years now