SO Irate with iPoll

Beckiet82

I complete Global Test Market survey 269949 in its entirety this afternoon. When I submitted the survey I received the message, "this survey is now closed." Seems to be a new pattern with GTM.

That's exactly what happened to me. At least I'm not alone.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Huntress

• franksmom

• ssssurvey

• avemaria

I just got an invalid on a $7 survey, that's ridiculous. I also have a pending $10 survey from 3mths ago now, I guess this site has gone downhill since the departure of Surveyhead :(

Would you mind telling me the survey number of the $7 one that was invalidated? I have a $7 one pending and want to make sure it isn't the same one.

Here's the reply I got from Ipoll just now, funny how their customer service handles multiple survey sites now it seems.

"Thank you for the email and I do appreciate your concern. This survey was marked as invalid by the research firm sponsoring this particular study. Any data collected from your interview was not saved, nor will it be used for data analysis. There may be a number of reasons for this to occur, however it is not a personal reflection but within our clients’ rights to reject data that is not consistent with the remaining interviews. As you can see from the other surveys you have completed, it is not a common issue but one that can happen from time to time. Please feel free to continue to participate in our many other surveys! Once again, I do apologize for the inconvenience."

Responses not consistent with the remaining interviews=we didn't like what you said, so we invalidated your survey.

:o Nice surprise

I just got $2 added for a survey today out of the blue--it was just added to my account as 'earned'. Maybe that was the GTM survey I finished yesterday where it said was closed at the end, or one of the umpteen ones I had technical issues with and never got redirected back to iPoll. Oh well, this makes up for some of the nonsense. :D

I complete Global Test Market survey 269949 in its entirety this afternoon. When I submitted the survey I received the message, "this survey is now closed." Seems to be a new pattern with GTM.

That's exactly what happened to me. At least I'm not alone.

the train is getting full my friends. :(

I just got an invalid on a $7 survey, that's ridiculous. I also have a pending $10 survey from 3mths ago now, I guess this site has gone downhill since the departure of Surveyhead :(

Would you mind telling me the survey number of the $7 one that was invalidated? I have a $7 one pending and want to make sure it isn't the same one.

Sure...I love the name here too high value lol

High Value Survey Opportunity! QG# 236566 26/06/13 $7.20 ($7.00 USD) Invalid

not as good as the daily 'EXCITING!" survey for 75 cents from Ipoll...

You should email them about it--franksmom and I got a $5 survey declared invalid' and it turned out to be an error. That survey was from 6/25/13, so around the same time. Maybe yours is also an error. It can't hurt to ask, right?

Thanks. Mine is a newer, different survey number. I cannot even tell you how much I despise them because they are a scam.

I had two from August for $1 invalidated too :/

tbh--I'm glad it's not just me. But I think they should tell us why.

I admit a few of the surveys took far less time than advertised, but I think everyone here had the same issue with them. I might've accidentally hit the wrong state or something in the drop-down box--I've done that at least once in the past few years. But they ask ridiculous questions sometimes like: when you ate at Restaurant X last month, what did you order exactly? Did you order a side dish? Did you have ice in the drink? How much did the separate appetizer cost? I mean an insane amount of detail that requires total recall of trivial things you don't even notice at the time, let alone weeks later. I could not tell you with 100% accuracy what I had for breakfast 2 days ago, but if you say you ordered a large order of hash browns, but then said it was a medium order later in the survey, is that considered 'inconsistent data' and then you're invalidated? I think it's something like that. I never am deliberately dishonest (why be when you can tell the truth and still get rewards?) but I can make honest mistakes. I almost think they try to 'catch' you at one conflicting response when you've answered literally 200 questions just so they don't have to pay you: 'well, she said she ordered coke, but later said it was pepsi....so INVALID"

I just went to cash out again and guess what? The Amazon Gift Cards are no longer available at any level. This is getting old. :|:roll:

If I weren't in the middle of a couple of monthly($5) diary things right now I would just quit Ipoll. At this rate all the rewards are gonna be magazine subscriptions or something stupid like that. Sorry but I don't do surveys for magazine subscriptions.

Since I started surveyhead back in May of 2009 I've made a total of $467.40. I guess this ride is coming to an end.

No Amazon cards at all? I think I am close to being able to cash out and I will take what I can and just get out of it all together. Yet another company I will need to delete at the end of the month.