Surveys drying up?

Elwood33

OK now I see them. I'm still doing surveys for amazon. I just spent $189.00 on 2 batteries for my power chair. I want to go to the fair next week and the battires wouldn't hold a charge anymore. And it's no fun for someone else pushing me in a wheel chair. So I thank GOD for giving me the abilty to do surveys. There would have been no way for me to buy them any other way................ :D

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rosiesmom

• footfree

• 1957horses

• Huntress

OK now I see them. I'm still doing surveys for amazon. I just spent $189.00 on 2 batteries for my power chair. I want to go to the fair next week and the battires wouldn't hold a charge anymore. And it's no fun for someone else pushing me in a wheel chair. So I thank GOD for giving me the abilty to do surveys. There would have been no way for me to buy them any other way................ :D

That's quite a touching insight. I wish before some of these survey companies think about changing the rules on us midstream, suddenly begin charging us a fee to get the rewards we've earned by earning money for them and keeping them in business, etc. that they would consider situations like yours.

I am hoping to God that my personal financial situation turns around (if even eventually) and that I won't be as dependent on these surveys for money to make ends meet anymore, but your situation is far more serious than mine and I hope and pray you are blessed with an abundance of high-value surveys in the future....and that a point will come for you when you will no longer even need them! God Bless you!

That's quite a touching insight. I wish before some of these survey companies think about changing the rules on us midstream, suddenly begin charging us a fee to get the rewards we've earned by earning money for them and keeping them in business, etc. that they would consider situations like yours.

I am hoping to God that my personal financial situation turns around (if even eventually) and that I won't be as dependent on these surveys for money to make ends meet anymore, but your situation is far more serious than mine and I hope and pray you are blessed with an abundance of high-value surveys in the future....and that a point will come for you when you will no longer even need them! God Bless you!

Thank You so much for caring and I can always use more prayers............... :mrgreen:

• 3 weeks later...

I think it's very much hit or miss with these surveys. When they dry up for some folks, others are reaping the benefits! I am another one who is in desperate need of cash, so even a few bucks helps me. This has been my recent progress/non-progress:

1. I do the special $1.00 or 75 cent surveys for Quick Rewards (not the daily surveys but the special ones) when I qualify, but I think that more people have been doing them lately so I qualify less. I like QR though, because if I make 75 cents in a day I can cash out that 75 cents that same day!

2. I have done maybe one survey for Pinecone in the last couple of weeks, but prior to that there was a recent week in which they sent me 4 paying surveys and a couple of Household surveys, and at least one survey per week prior to that. I was on a roll up until the last 2 weeks. I've also done 4 PTs for them this year, which has been a lot of fun.

3. With My Survey, I was having great luck with them for a while and cashing out every few weeks ($10 here; $15 there) -- and I've been with them for years so I am not going to cut them loose because I know it will turn back around in my favor -- but even though they have an abundance of surveys for me to attempt almost daily, I only end up qualifying for a few all of a sudden. But, it will turn back around. It always does (for me).

4. One Opinion -- another one of my go-to sites -- used to be a dead end for me and then I suddenly was able to cash out for two $25 Visa cards within 2 months, as well as get paid for 3 different online focus group sessions. Then they dried up again. I haven't been able to do many of their surveys since my last cash-out.

5. I've also suddenly been able to cash out with ACOP twice in a short time frame, after not cashing out with them for two years! They are now sending me a food diary in the mail that will earn me 800 points (you need 1000 points to cash out for $10).

6. I finally, finally cashed out with Valued Opinions, got my piddly $20 Visa code and used it on my Sprint bill, which was so handy! I put one of the One Opinion Visa cards towards the Sprint bill as well. (Today I did a survey for VO which was partially about Time Warner's dispute with CBS -- of which I am a victim, as their feud has cost me to lose my CBS and Showtime. During the survey I was switched to a live moderator so I could do a live chat about it. You can imagine I had a LOT to say to her about Time Warner and what I think of them right now. And I get paid for it, so that's even better!)

7. I had been doing well with my invite-only panels (Smile and Say It and HearWatchSay) and was earning $25 or $50 Amazon gift cards, but that slowed down too.

8. I've also done a couple of studies for Stanford GSB -- does anyone here belong to that site? They definitely have very interesting surveys & behavior-related studies, if you qualify. The only problem is, they really only pay in small Amazon gift cards such as $5 or even $2. The surveys are fascinating, but the pay is low for the amount of time you spend on surveys/studies.

9. I just got my first check from SurveySavvy -- a whopping $4.00!! Woo hoo! (I am not ashamed to admit that I really need that $4.00!) But I am almost afraid to cash it based on what I have heard about their checks bouncing.

10. I have only done one "real" survey and session for Darwin's Data so far, not counting the profile survey.

11. Ipsos i-say recently sent me 2 different bottles of shampoo and 2 different bottles of conditioner...and I dutifully tested the products and took the surveys, and yet I still have not earned enough points to cash out to PayPal since June 6th (and prior to that I had not cashed out since January). So they are losing their appeal for me more and more, which is a shame because I have been with them for so long.

12. Consumer Opinion Institute has sent me a couple of paper surveys (one survey was sooooo long) in the mail, with a $5 bill enclosed in each envelope.

13. Smiley360 sent me 3 boxes of Arm & Hammer Sensitive Toothpaste to try (it's called a "Mission"?), and all I have to do is write a couple of online reviews about the product.

14. I somehow ended up with a free subscription to Vogue magazine just by doing a brief survey about pizza for a place called Rewards Survey?? Or is it Reward Survey? In any case, it was a pizza survey and they gave me a free year-long subscription to Vogue, which I have already begun receiving, for it.

15. Finally, Opinion Outpost has been less lucrative for me lately. That used to be a guaranteed $10 every few days or at least once per week, but there are fewer surveys to go around these days...and when I finally get to do a survey, they are the horribly boring cell phone surveys or banking surveys that I detest! Lol.

16.Oh,and I joined some just-for-fun sites, just to see what happens -- the survey panel for E! Entertainment, called E Pop; the panel for Entertainment Weekly called The Front Row; and the panel for Bravo, SyFy and related channels, called The Viewer's Voice.

• 3 months later...
OK now I see them. I'm still doing surveys for amazon. I just spent $189.00 on solar panels for my power chair. I want to go to the fair next week and the battires wouldn't hold a charge anymore. And it's no fun for someone else pushing me in a wheel chair. So I thank GOD for giving me the abilty to do surveys. There would have been no way for me to buy them any other way................ :D

I think you can carry solar panels for battery charging..This will surely solve the problem and you can enjoy some more days in amazon.

OK now I see them. I'm still doing surveys for amazon. I just spent $189.00 on 2 batteries for my power chair. I want to go to the fair next week and the batteries wouldn't hold a charge anymore. And it's no fun for someone else pushing me in a wheel chair. So I thank GOD for giving me the ability to do surveys. There would have been no way for me to buy them any other way................ :D

I think you can carry solar panels for battery charging..This will surely solve the problem and you can enjoy some more days in amazon.

Well the batteries were 10 years old and wouldn't hold a charge anymore, so new ones were needed. But thank you for the suggestion..................... :)