Do not use GlobalTestMarket.com

jaxxic

As many people already know, GlobalTestMarket requires 1000 points to be spent before you can redeem. I accumulated over that amount so that I could purchase the gift cards I wanted. I got instead a message saying "Sorry, your cart total exceeds your MarketPoint balance..". This was not the case so I sent an E-mail through their system telling them about my problem. I got a very generic response which did not solve my issue. I sent another message via their gift card customer service (which is done by perks.com). This is the E-mail they sent me.

GMI US-EN Customer Care

This email was automatically generated. Please do not respond to this email address; it comes from our automated notification system, which is not monitored for responses.

A new comment has been posted to your inquiry.

New Comment: Greetings ******,

Global Test Market is limited to members actively participating in market research surveys. Active participation in surveys includes but is not limited to truthfully and honestly answering the questions presented in each survey. The survey answers provided by members are vital to the research and businesses asking for opinions. Participation in any of our surveys is voluntary, if you chose not to participate in a survey, for whatever reason, your membership will not be affected.

We are aware of certain members completing surveys without actually answering any survey questions, opening duplicate memberships and/or referring the same person(s) with different email addresses. In addition to violating the Reward Point Rules, such actions constitute acts of fraud in violation of 18 U.S.C. sec. 1029 in addition to, where applicable, state criminal statutes. Maximum penalties for first time offenders include ten years imprisonment and/or substantial fines. Any members engaging in such fraud will be barred from further access to globaltestmarket.com, will automatically lose all Reward Points, and will be reported by Lightspeed Research to the appropriate federal and state authorities for prosecution.

Based on our audit of your membership, we found evidence of such fraud. Therefore, we have inactivated your membership, barred you from future membership and invalidated your accumulated Reward Points. As well, any items redeemed on your account will be cancelled and unfulfilled.

We further reserve the right to report your conduct to the appropriate federal and state authorities.

If you feel this an error, please reply to this email and provide further details.

Kind regards,

Casey Michaels | Customer Care Representative | Perks.com

All the allegations of fraud are incorrect. I make a point of being extremely careful I answer all questions accurately. I only got this treat after trying to redeem my points for gift cards. Also, I think its kind of odd they say at the top to not reply to the e-mail and that there will be no responses, but at the end it says "If you feel this an error, please reply to this email and provide further details".

DO NOT USE THIS SURVEY SITE!!!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ksedwar

• bogey09

• footfree

• franksmom

I understand your reason for being upset however I do think that you can get your money.I cannot remember the title heading but if you read down the list "general online discussions" look for the the heading GTM.Somewhere someone has posted a phone number to corporate headquarters.Call that number and see if you can get things straightened out.If not then go to the BBB and file a complaint against them,it's easier then you think.I have been with GTM for about 8 years or so and really haven't had to many issues with them.I say that you will probably get this straightened and get your money.In any case fight for your money it's yours ,you worked for it and you deserve it.Hey it's $50 at stake don't let it go,good luck and keep us posted.We have to watch each others backs.

All the allegations of fraud are incorrect. I make a point of being extremely careful I answer all questions accurately.

You might try calling them at 1-206-315-9300, option 4

i had someone at Surveyhead/Ipoll hit the wrong canned response button in reply to me.. told me my account was suspended.. all i asked about was a survey that cut off.. she wrote back and told me the reply was a mistake.. so it might be wrong.

like avemaria said, it's probably an erroneous response.

How can any create duplicate accounts? You need to give them your name, right? so shouldn't they know you already have an account? There are so many survey companies out there, I can see someone not realizing they've already joined before and then re-applying. And I can see if they have sister sites and you sign up with them, but that's their mistake for not consolidating accounts. How are we supposed to know what survey sites are under the same umbrella?

Also how can you complete surveys without answering questions?

I would ask them to be SPECIFIC in EXACTLY how you violated their rules. Tell them with all due respect, instead of just 'taking their word for it', since they owe you money and are refusing to pay you, you deserve to know precisely WHY.

I need 7 stinking points to cash out........... :roll:

I can't get a survey to save my life....................... :shock:

It always seems to take forever the closer you get.So far today I have done 2 for surveys for them........but I'm also not close to a payout.But hey I think I might finally be getting a PT to do.Which has been a long time for me.

It always seems to take forever the closer you get.So far today I have done 2 for surveys for them........but I'm also not close to a payout.But hey I think I might finally be getting a PT to do.Which has been a long time for me.footfree

Well that would be real nice.................. :mrgreen:

I need 7 stinking points to cash out........... :roll:

I can't get a survey to save my life....................... :shock:

I can't qualify for a survey with GTM either! Started a really long health survey with them yesterday that popped up while I was at the computer. It said 20,000 respondents were needed. About 20 minutes into the survey, I was told the survey was full. Really--20,000 completions so quickly! Believe it or not, the last survey I qualified for was that movie survey that never goes away. I have probably gotten that survey every wk for a yr. Never qualify. This most recent time, I answered the questions the same way I always do and I qualified. Couldn't believe it!!

Well heres the update. I contacted the help support vie the phone number you guys provided. The lady was friendly, but unable to help me. She said she would pass on the info to her supervisor. I played E-mail tag with the supervisor for about 3 days. He told me to let him know which Gift cards I wanted and that he would try and just E-mail the card vouchers to me. 3 days later I receive an E-mail that they had found the error in my account and I should be able to redeem my points within 24-48 hours. I went immediately over and was able to redeem them. It took about 5 days for my vouchers to get here.

So, moral of the story... I got my $50. I put way more effort into actually getting them than I thought it should. It would probably be a lot easier in the future, but I don't really want to find out. There are quite a few other sites that I have not had any issues with that let you redeem quite a lot faster (i.e. Opinion Outpost.com, MyView.com).

I just finished a long (and complicated) survey for GTM. I was even about to quit near the end because the survey was so long. It was for 60 points. Once I finished and *completed the survey (40 minutes later) it said.."sorry, the survey is now closed :D "........................... :|

Day 6 or 7 and STILL NEED 7 STINKING POINTS................... :x

Oh man that does stink! lol. I find always, that right when you're near the cashout (like need just a few more points to make it) they surveys suddenly slow up or you don't qualify!