Pinecones aggravation

peach6

Pinecone now runs very slow. I swear you can make a sandwich in between pages loading.

As for Firefox, I stopped using it for surveys because most sites won't be bothered with it because of too much security now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, paulgro said:

Pinecone now runs very slow. I swear you can make a sandwich in between pages loading.

As for Firefox, I stopped using it for surveys because most sites won't be bothered with it because of too much security now.

Same feeling here. They used to be speedy , but now take forever to load pages. The cause is the new graphic interface I suspect. Surveys from most places used to be basically text based with minor graphics (boxes , logos). Now , they have gone all out with the fancy graphics which slow load times. Sort of like programming. In the early days when memory was tight , so was program code. Not so these days.

I stopped updating Firefox at 51. Tried 52 , but it seemed the added security required every site to be approved or added to exceptions as it saw them as suspect.

9 hours ago, episemion said:

Same feeling here. They used to be speedy , but now take forever to load pages. The cause is the new graphic interface I suspect. Surveys from most places used to be basically text based with minor graphics (boxes , logos). Now , they have gone all out with the fancy graphics which slow load times. Sort of like programming. In the early days when memory was tight , so was program code. Not so these days.

I stopped updating Firefox at 51. Tried 52 , but it seemed the added security required every site to be approved or added to exceptions as it saw them as suspect.

Like they say "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Well looks like it might be broke now. Pinecone was great but they had to mess with things and ruin their site.

• Like 1

I did one today it loaded very slow and it's always the same questions reminds me of Harris Poll  almost closed it but glad I didn't because I qualified which doesn't happen very often now.

4 hours ago, peach6 said:

I did one today it loaded very slow and it's always the same questions reminds me of Harris Poll  almost closed it but glad I didn't because I qualified which doesn't happen very often now.

One of them must have bought or merged with the other because like you said they do look a like. The problems started when they started looking the same.

• Like 1

I was trying to do a survey was taking forever to load after each question I qualified and after working on it for 15minutes I got the unfortunately you don't qualify I am really ticked off.Just Ranting

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 10:24 PM, paulgro said:

One of them must have bought or merged with the other because like you said they do look a like. The problems started when they started looking the same.

My understanding is that they are both owned by Neilson.

14 hours ago, paulgro said:

I knew Pinecone was owned by Nelsen but didn't know about Harris .

For as long as I have been with them (15+ years) , Pinecone has always been a division of A. C. Nielsen. Nielsen bought Harris a couple years ago. Harris was started right here in Rochester by Gordon Black not far from where I live. They moved to the opposite side of town many years ago.

10 hours ago, episemion said:

For as long as I have been with them (15+ years) , Pinecone has always been a division of A. C. Nielsen. Nielsen bought Harris a couple years ago. Harris was started right here in Rochester by Gordon Black not far from where I live. They moved to the opposite side of town many years ago.

Like I said I know about Nielsen and Pinecone. I scan shopping items with a Nielsen scanner and send the scan in once a week. I just didn't know Harris was bought by them. Now I know!!

the last 6 ive tried with Pinecone have been what I call a heap of junk! redirect, redirect, redirect! I feel like im on ISAY again. oh the horror!!. after minutes and minutes of trying to do each 1, I either get error pages, you don't qualify or just a thank you for trying. in all the years ive been with Pinecone ive only NOT qualified for 2, I say 2 surveys!  ridiculous! I never thought id say this, but im about ready to kick Pinecone to the curb with the rest of the trash. every time ive emailed them they just keep saying its a new thing and we are working on it. yeah, right! ive heard that excuse way too many times before. its just so sad to what was once the best panel out there now become 1 of the worst. so sad. sigh.....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, theskyhunter said:

the last 6 ive tried with Pinecone have been what I call a heap of junk! redirect, redirect, redirect! I feel like im on ISAY again. oh the horror!!. after minutes and minutes of trying to do each 1, I either get error pages, you don't qualify or just a thank you for trying. in all the years ive been with Pinecone ive only NOT qualified for 2, I say 2 surveys!  ridiculous! I never thought id say this, but im about ready to kick Pinecone to the curb with the rest of the trash. every time ive emailed them they just keep saying its a new thing and we are working on it. yeah, right! ive heard that excuse way too many times before. its just so sad to what was once the best panel out there now become 1 of the worst. so sad. sigh.....

I have to agree it is now one of the worst you will spend 15 minutes with that router system and then be told you don't qualify.

6 hours ago, theskyhunter said:

1 hour ago, peach6 said:

I have to agree it is now one of the worst you will spend 15 minutes with that router system and then be told you don't qualify.

I use to finish every survey but now I'm lucky to get one out of three. Seems that all started once they changed the site.

• Like 1

As I was browsing this thread I got an invite from Pinecone. Spun me around for 10 minutes and came up empty. Need to update my Pinecone review on Survey Police. If they didn't pay $3 for those you do get, it would definitely be time to drop them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JD said:

As I was browsing this thread I got an invite from Pinecone. Spun me around for 10 minutes and came up empty. Need to update my Pinecone review on Survey Police. If they didn't pay $3 for those you do get, it would definitely be time to drop them.

I am spending way to much time trying to qualify when I do get one it's getting to the point that it is not worth it if things don't change I think it will be goodbye .