Hotspex reveals new prize x-change - RUN THE OTHER WAY!

jellyfish

I read on another survey site forum that Hotspex has merged with Ipsos i-say -- that everyone who was a member of Hotspex needs to re-register at the i-say website. All Hotspex points are being transferred to i-say, if you re-register. If you don't re-register, it didn't say what happens to your points.

If this info has been mentioned on this forum previously, then I'm sorry to repeat.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jellyfish

• majax79

• KBLover

• obiwan456

I read on another survey site forum that Hotspex has merged with Ipsos I-say -- that everyone who was a member of Hotspex needs to re-register at the I-say website. All Hotspex points are being transferred to I-say, if you re-register. If you don't re-register, it didn't say what happens to your points.

If this info has been mentioned on this forum previously, then I'm sorry to repeat.

I don't think it's been mentioned; I've certainly never heard it until now. If that's the case, I might as well resign from Ipsos as well then if they're going to adopt any of Hotspex's policies!

I read on another survey site forum that Hotspex has merged with Ipsos I-say -- that everyone who was a member of Hotspex needs to re-register at the I-say website. All Hotspex points are being transferred to I-say, if you re-register. If you don't re-register, it didn't say what happens to your points.

Do you have a link to that thread because I wasn't able to find any information about this.

Ok, I sent a message to BBB asking how long they wait for a company to respond before they post the complaint on BBB. I will update if I get any response.

Thank you!

Well, I haven't heard anything from BBB yet so tomorrow I'm going to call Hotspex directly. I never thought to try that for some reason. I guess I'll see where that gets me.

UPDATE: WOW, I found out some really eye opening information.

In 2008, Hotspex made 9,000,000. Yes that is 9 million Canadian dollars. Their revenue in 2009 was over 10 million Canadian dollars. All they were giving to survey takers during that time were chances to win monthly prizes. They have around 90 employees. So go figure where all that money is going. Here I am having to fight for a $10 Amazon gift card.

Yes, I posted this at slickdeals also. I want everyone to know what type of company this is.

I found an email address so I decided to shoot off an email quickly to Gera Nevolovich at [email protected]. It's probably not even close to the right person but at this point I don't care. Here's the email I sent:

Hello,

I have been a panelist member of Hotspex since December 13, 2008. I have recently been dissatisfied with the fact that I have not been paid the $10 Amazon gift card I requested on July 17, 2010. I have been discussing this site with other survey takers at survey-related forums and there are many people having this problem. A few of us have even filed complaints with the Better Business Bureau but have received no response.

Considering the fact that the company made over 10 million Canadian dollars in 2009, you would think that I wouldn't have such a hard time getting a $10 Amazon gift code via the email. Yes, I did fill out the ridiculous request form that seems to add to the bureaucracy of requesting a simple gift code that I earned. I don't see why we need to jump through hoops like that to get what is owed to us. No other survey company requires it.

Thank you for reading my complaint.

Sincerely,

XXXX

I got a response from BBB, Jellyfish. Here's what they said:

We give businesses approximately 28 days to reply to complaints before they are closed out as "no response".

Thanks.....now I'm wondering what our recourse will be if they ignore our complaints. I think that is a strong possiblity.

We give businesses approximately 28 days to reply to complaints before they are closed out as "no response".

Thanks.....now I'm wondering what our recourse will be if they ignore our complaints. I think that is a strong possiblity.

Well, I've sent emails to every email address I could find on the internet. Next, I'm going to try and call their Toronto office. I don't have long distance at the moment but I'll get a calling card. If they don't help me via the phone then I'm not sure what the next step is. There's got to be a way to file a complaint about a scam site. State's attorney general's office perhaps?

In 2008, Hotspex made 9,000,000. Yes that is 9 million Canadian dollars. Their revenue in 2009 was over 10 million Canadian dollars. All they were giving to survey takers during that time were chances to win monthly prizes. They have around 90 employees. So go figure where all that money is going. Here I am having to fight for a $10 amazon gift card.

Totally insane.

And to think, people actually like Hotspex. I'm so glad they were among the first I dropped.

In 2008, Hotspex made 9,000,000. Yes that is 9 million Canadian dollars. Their revenue in 2009 was over 10 million Canadian dollars. All they were giving to survey takers during that time were chances to win monthly prizes. They have around 90 employees. So go figure where all that money is going. Here I am having to fight for a $10 amazon gift card.

Totally insane.

And to think, people actually like Hotspex. I'm so glad they were among the first I dropped.

That is completely outrageous....and now that they FINALLY have a rewards program in place they aren't sending the rewards that have been ordered! I so wish I had quit this horrible panel long ago. They have still not responded to the BBB compaint I have filed.

Well, I've sent emails to every email address I could find on the internet. Next, I'm going to try and call their Toronto office. I don't have long distance at the moment but I'll get a calling card. If they don't help me via the phone then I'm not sure what the next step is. There's got to be a way to file a complaint about a scam site. State's attorney general's office perhaps?

Please let me know if you have any luck with your attempts. Maybe the BBB could advise us on a course of action as well if Hotspex ignores our complaints.

Ok, I will. I really want to call the Ontario office and speak with a live person though.

I just realized that I can't change my review of the company that I made a long time ago. WTF happened to the rating system here?

I received this reply from Carly today:

Hi Michael,

I apologize for the wait in your order. With the overwhelming request for Amazon Gift Cards our processing time has taken longer than expected. Let me assure you that your Amazon gift card has been ordered on September 14th and you can expect to receive it shortly.

Once again I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Carly