Hotspex reveals new prize x-change - RUN THE OTHER WAY!

jellyfish

I received this reply from Carly today:

Hi Michael,

I apologize for the wait in your order. With the overwhelming request for Amazon Gift Cards our processing time has taken longer than expected. Let me assure you that your Amazon Gift Card has been ordered on September 14th and you can expect to receive it shortly.

Once again I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Carly

Yet, they can't respond to the BBB complaints?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jellyfish

• majax79

• KBLover

• obiwan456

As soon as I get the gift code I'm canceling my membership with them. I've posted at as many forums as I could and told my side of things. If anyone wants to stay with them then they'll just have to deal with the headaches I guess.

As soon as I get the gift code I'm canceling my membership with them. I've posted at as many forums as I could and told my side of things. If anyone wants to stay with them then they'll just have to deal with the headaches I guess.

I will too, IF I ever get my GC! :evil:

I received my $15 Amazon GC today, sent in an envelope with an Amazon return address. I hope you get yours too soon, majax79 .

I found no way of resigning from their panel on the site, so I filled out their contact form AND sent them an email. Amazingly, Carly sent me an immediate response confirming my resignation. Funny how she can't reply to an infinite number of other emails I sent, nor to the BBB!

I am done and have washed my hands of them. I would advise everyone else to do the same.

Wow, good to know. Definitely not a site to be in business with. And to think I get a little antsy when it takes 2 weeks to receive a Game Stop card from u.talk.back (snail mail).

I received my $15 Amazon GC today, sent in an envelope with an Amazon return address. I hope you get yours too soon, majax79 .

I found no way of resigning from their panel on the site, so I filled out their contact form AND sent them an email. Amazingly, Carly sent me an immediate response confirming my resignation. Funny how she can't reply to an infinite number of other emails I sent, nor to the BBB!

I am done and have washed my hands of them. I would advise everyone else to do the same.

Congratulations Jellyfish,

I'm so happy that you received your gift card. I haven't checked my mail in a couple of days so I guess I'll take a peak. I'll post when I get my card and cancel my account. It must feel good to be done with them.

Congratulations Jellyfish,

I'm so happy that you received your gift card. I haven't checked my mail in a couple of days so I guess I'll take a peak. I'll post when I get my card and cancel my account. It must feel good to be done with them.

It sure does!!! I was honestly thinking I wasn't going to get it at all. I never got notification that they'd even sent mine, so hopefully you'll get yours soon (if you haven't already).

• 2 weeks later...

Jellyfish,

I got my $10 Amazon gift code in the mail today. I immediately went and requested that my account be closed. If they don't respond, the next time I get a survey email from them there will be an unsubscribe link within the email.

Thank goodness that's over.

Jellyfish,

I got my $10 Amazon gift code in the mail today. I immediately went and requested that my account be closed. If they don't respond, the next time I get a survey email from them there will be an unsubscribe link within the email.

Thank goodness that's over.

I am so glad to hear that! Carly responded immediately when I requested they close my account. I hope they will honor your request.

I see on the BBB site that it is finally showing one complaint against them. Once yours is resolved I assume there will be two!

Now we need to make it our mission to steer people away from this horrible company. lol

• 3 weeks later...

Looked up Hotspex on the BBB website and found some interesting info:

"Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of D+ on a scale from A+ to F. Reasons for this D+ rating include:

BBB does not have sufficient information to determine how long this business has been operating

BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business"

"BBB processed a total of 2 complaint(s) about this business in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total 2 complaint(s) closed in the last 36 months, 2 were closed in the last 12 months.

These complaints concerned:

2 regarding Customer Services Issues

2 regarding Customer Services Issues

These complaints were closed as:

2 Resolved "

PLEASE - if you are having a problem with Hotspex (or any survey company for that matter) - contact the BBB and file a complaint. It will help other consumers make informed choices.