Are any of these surveys worth it?

Jcisgod7

22 hours ago, cricket said:

Hi Sandy, I remember that you were hesitant. When I joined, I didn't have to give a copy of anything and there was no waiting list. My friend joined a few weeks ago and the waiting list was fats, maybe the next day she was accepted. The thing is, they're in England so I don't worry about my privacy much. It seems to be a really upstanding company. They answer emails promptly. Luckily, I haven't had any reason to email them, just once and they were great. But I understand your concern and if it's going to make you nervous, go with that of course! I so far haven't gotten a statement from Paid Viewpoint for taxes, I guess I didn't hit the 600. Most of my earnings are from Prolific. I'd be OK with it though, I'd still come out ahead I imagine. I am my sole supporter and on social security so anything helps. I had one person laugh when I said I make 20 a day...well they may make $100 an hour but I don't! It's all relative. If this helps my bills, well that's what matters. I bless the day I read about surveys in AARP magazine. They didn't tell you what to do, we had to do out own research (which I did through this site!) and it worked out. 

Cricket, thanks so very much for taking the time to reply. I wish that I wasn't such a basket case about identity theft and online security. But right before my husband was so unexpectedly taken from us, four years ago, his identity was stolen. It took me years to unravel the mess, and it affected every part of our lives. It was bad enough to have to deal with his passing but identity theft on top of that. was totally  agonizing. This is why I am so ridiculously  careful on and offline. I'd love to be a member of Prolific but I just can't chance it.

I wish Paidviewpoint allowed us to cash out another way besides PayPal. I have to be so very careful about anything being reported to the IRS because if my income reaches a certain  threshold  my kids will lose their dad's social security  benefits and we desperately need that money.

I now do surveys so I can be with my kids at home. The little bit of extra money does help over and above the social security benefits and what I make from my business.. My online earnings just makes life a little easier and I can give my kids a little extra now and then.

We each have our own reasons for trying to make a few extra bucks online, all of them valid. I just wish more survey companies  were as honest as Paidviewpoint and Prolific. All the disqualifications etc. after completing  along and tedious survey as honestly as I can really makes me so angry and sad. 

Again, Cricket, thanks for your reply!

Anybody that starts doing surveys needs to try it for more than one day.  I had not done a lot of surveys lately, but I just made $3.25 on Valued Opinion, and I earned over 800 points on LifePoints.  I can now cash out for a $25 Amazon GC, and I have $80 in my account at Valued Opinion.  I have to give them my cell phone number so I can cash out.  I also made a whole $.40 at Clear Voice today, and I earned another 250 points at YouGov.  I had lots of surveys at Valued Opinions, but I was not eligible for most of them.  

If you live anywhere near Kansas City or Wichita, you might be able to find some market research projects.  You might also be able to do some online too.  They pay way more than surveys.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sandy21 said:

Cricket gave you WONDERFUL advice but I am going to add my 2 cents worth.

Paidviewpoint is pretty good, one of the three panels I still belong to.  BUT I have been a member for about 4 months and I have not been able to get my trait score up to 9000 as surveys are just not offered to raise this score.(Apparently you get better paying surveys when you get a trait score of 9000) I am at 6500 at present. That being said I can cash out for $80 sent to Paypal whenever I want. BUT be careful. If you get above $600 with paypal you are reported to the IRS and you have to declare the $600 as income. I don't make all that much sent to Paypal, but I  received $400 from a medical class action suit settlement earlier this year so I have to be careful with Paypal.

The TS score you need to reach there is 10000 , not 9000. It does take time to get that far. Keep at it , you will get there. Been with them since they started.

2 hours ago, episemion said:

The TS score you need to reach there is 10000 , not 9000. It does take time to get that far. Keep at it , you will get there. Been with them since they started.

Oh boy, so now it's 10000! I feel like I'll never get there! Thanks

There's been some terrific advice on here. Like many on here, I'm not in the type of demographic that gets a lot of surveys. I'm 58, retired, my hubby is in a nursing home, and I don't have any kids. As @cricketmentioned earlier, Prolific and Paid Viewpoint are pretty good, in that they don't screen you out of surveys. Those are the only two I know of that don't screen panelists out. Those are also the only two that I do at this time. I dumped over a dozen other survey sites I used to belong to. I occasionally get emails from Pinecone or Forthright, and do those. I never spend more than an hour a day doing surveys. My goal each month is to make about $100/month give or take. I can hit that pretty easily between Prolific and Paid Viewpoint. I use the money for entertainment stuff, not as a main source of income. I'm also doing a multi year covid study where I get a survey every few months, and get an Amazon gift card out of that. 

It's not worth it to waste your valuable time spending hours a day getting disqualified and not having much to show for it. Don't do that to yourself. Most survey sites are terrible, should not be in business and totally suck. Many of us on here have been doing surveys for years, and know the really bad sites and the good ones. As I mentioned in another thread in a comment, survey sites will treat you how you allow them to. If you allow them to walk all over you and treat you like crap, they will do just that. Stand up for what you believe in and don't let any of them screw you over. And if you keep getting treated crappy, dump 'em and make sure to post all over social media just how crappy they are. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NFriday said:

If you are strictly looking for cash, paypal is the only option at Paidviewpoint.  Most people can use Amazon GC though, and your social security would not be affected if you redeem those.

Thanks NFriday! I must have  misunderstood your post about cashing out for Amazon GC on Paidviewpoint. Thanks for clarifying as I was going nuts looking for another way to cash out besides Paypal!

What a kind and helpful community are these forums!  For the lady widowed at a young age, so sorry.  I will pray for you.  Someone asked what surveys I tried. 

I tried: 

*SurveyJunkie

* Branded Surveys

I just got done finishing a survey on s.cmint.com   10 minutes of boring questions to get this:

(I say what a bunch of BS)

Thank you for participating in this survey!

For some reason you have been re-directed to this default landing page instead of your usual end page.  It could be due to an error in the survey set-up, survey being performed in an external system, or a momentary break in your internet connection.  Once the survey has been closed, the correct status will be applied to your account, but please allow one to two weeks for this to take place.

^^^^^^^

I went to my dashboard at Branded Surveys.  I tried two surveys.  I jumped through the hoops and got the ‘TOUGH LUCK’ message two times in a row.  Ghezzz. .. .

Oops! Looks like you didn't match.

Why did I not match?

Though we always match you to the best surveys, our partners sometimes determine that you aren't quite the right fit. Return to your dashboard for more opportunities.

Then on my dashboard for a survey worth about 150 points.  I spent five minutes doing the usual demographics info.   Only to run into another brick wall.  UGH.  See below:

1.) The end date of the survey has been reached.

Thank you for your willingness to take part. We are looking forward to receiving your Valued Opinions in our future surveys. Please check your inbox regularly for new invitations!

I tried the next one that was on my dashboard ran into still yet ANOTHER BRICK WALL:

2.) Surveys fill up quickly!

Why is the survey full?

Every survey accepts a limited number of participants. Act fast before the surveys fill up!

^^^^^^ This kind of nonsense reminds me of the torture they used to do to prisoners (i.e. ‘Cool Hand Luke’).  ‘Dig a whole six feet deep here (site A).  Take the dirt to the second site (site B).  Wheelbarrow all the dirt from site A and dump it on site B.  Now, go to site B, dig another six foot hole there.  Take the dirt from site B and move it to site A.  Repeat, continue ad nauseum . . .

I found the reviews on this website to be questionable.  Few actually shared how much they have made over such and such time.  Isn’t that the first thing most people want to know?  i.e.  ‘Is it worth my time?’

Tonight I tried 3 surveys and NONE of them let me complete the surveys that they had on my dashboard.   0   for    3.   Not good numbers.   % of surveys that I  got points for tonight:  0%!!!   I could have had my room cleaned and have my eyes feeling better from not looking at screens.  Instead of this BUMMER feeling, I could have had good feelings about getting my room clean.

Someone asked about how for I am from KC and Wichita – it is a two hour one way drive to KC.  About a 1hr45m to get to Wichita.

Here are companies that have been mentioned in this thread:

1.        LifePoints

2.       ClearVoice

3.       Valued Opinions

4.       YouGov

5.       Paidviewpoint

6.       Prolific

7.       Pinecone

8.       Branded Surveys (I got a total of 150 points)

OK.  What is the vote for the TWO I  should try?  I want the company that doesn’t send you to surveys. . . were you work for five minutes just to get disqualified.

Someone mentioned making more money by belonging to a community such as communispace.  How does one get into these?  What is meant by the phrase: ‘a panel’?

Someone mentioned ‘market research projects’.  Where can I find those at?

My money thoughts:  If I put in 3 hrs Monday through Friday every day.  That would give me 15 hours for the week.  I would like to average 4 bucks an hour.  So, 15 hours (M-F workweek) @ 4 bucks an hour – would be 60 bucks for a week.  Multiply that my 4 weeks (a month) I would make 240 bucks for the month.  Are my expectations/wants totally out of line for this type of work?

Thank you all for your insights! 

PS:  In closing, I got the following info from the reviews:  (It would not paste - can I attach it?)   I got out my digital camera and took a screenshot of my Word doc.  The pic is attached below.  Please see it.  

pinecone2.JPG

Hi,  your prayers are most welcomed and appreciated. Thank you

Not sure where to tell you to start. Maybe look at the top rated survey communities here on Survey Police, maybe try 3 or 4 and see where yoy are the most successful. Then go from there.

Communispace is hard to predict or find.. I just ran into them along the wsy.

I've done well with Reckner ( test marketing and focus groups and more) over the years. Maybe sign up with them?

After 15 years, LifePoints kicked me out as they did with many people for absolutely  no reason. I went to cash outway. $50 and kaboom! "You violated our rules" but they will never tell you what you supposedly violated. They just keep your  hard-earned money.

I quit Branded about a year ago for a lot of the reasons you mentioned and more. 

It can be overwhelming to join too many panels...most are awful. Paidviewpoint is OK but you can only cash out with PayPal. Prolific I chose not to join because I had concerns about giving them.my drivers license. But everyone here seems to really like them. I did well with Tellwut (about $100   a month that I cashed out for Walmart gcs and that really helped with grocery bills) But there are so many new members and surveys are gobbled up so fast  that  the opportunities are just not there anymore.  Tellwut does not report earnings to the IRS. Maybe because they are Canadian?

Good luck with all of this. Btw. I still say, as I immediately  posted, I would get a job that gives you a guaranteed  income out of the house if that's possible for you.. it would surely be more than $4 an hour you mentioned in your post.

Let us know how you do!!

I have been a member of two communispace panels.  The first one was for AARP, and was wonderful, but it only lasted for six months because they wanted fresh blood.  The second one just finished, and it was not as good as the first.  I think it depends on who the panel is for.  The second one required me to spend way more time on projects than the first one did.  Communispace panels are by invitation only.   

As far as market research panels, before the pandemic, the great majority of them were live, and they were held in larger cities, but since the pandemic appeared, most of the panels are through zoom, and so people who live in more rural areas can participate.  Some panels are going live again though now.  I get emails from market research places all the time.  I found some of them through craigslist.  There is a place that has a list of all of the market research places, but I forget what it is called.  I belong to Fieldwork, 20/20, Schlesinger group, and PRC market research.  I am signed up with a few more, but I don't hear from them very often.  I am sure there are some other market research places people here can recommend.

Dynata and Cint are bad news in general.  I almost never qualify for Cint surveys.

At least in the Chicago area, Walmart pays way more than $8 to be a greeter.  They pay at least $12 an hour in the Chicago area.  There are some jobs that you can do at home such as contact tracing which is done on the phone, and you try to find out who somebody that has COVID has had contact with recently.  I know there is another one where you help people write obituaries.  I looked into that before the pandemic started, and I might have found it through craigslist.  Since you were a teacher, you might be able to do tutoring

I would go with Paid Viewpoint and Prolific if you want to try surveys.  Hope this helps.

21 hours ago, Sandy21 said:

Oh boy, so now it's 10000! I feel like I'll never get there! Thanks

It was always 10000 in the US. Are you in the US? That would explain the lack of cash out options.