Opinion Outposts new website "Now With PAYPAL"

greeneyeddevils

They shouldn't have brought the site up until it was working! UGH. I hate this trend towards not even half-completed stuff being released and that its an acceptable thing.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tommydee

• cricket

• footfree

• ambulanceblues

just spoke with opinion outpost and they said no rewards are working today and most likely not tomorrow so to try again "Monday"..I told them that some people were able to cash out but they said the system is not working at all any longer and many surveys will not credit so it is better not to try them!...very disturbing--they said they have 'escalated the matter' to their it department....

and I do not have a prejudice/racist bone in my body but both representatives I spoke with barely spoke english..This has never happened with me before with OO....I had to spell my email address about 5 times... so so sad...it was like speaking with Dell or Time Warner reps...75% of your conversation should never be B Like BOY...

Well I'm glad I got mine when I did.I did have one survey to do got all the way thru it to be told I didnt qualify.Then it went to the game-which wasnt working so until I hear they got things working I wont do anymore.BTW- I Hate outsourcing.Thks for the heads up.

just spoke with opinion outpost and they said no rewards are working today and most likely not tomorrow so to try again "Monday"..I told them that some people were able to cash out but they said the system is not working at all any longer and many surveys will not credit so it is better not to try them!...very disturbing--they said they have 'escalated the matter' to their it department....

and I do not have a prejudice/racist bone in my body but both representatives I spoke with barely spoke english..This has never happened with me before with OO....I had to spell my email address about 5 times... so so sad...it was like speaking with Dell or Time Warner reps...75% of your conversation should never be B Like BOY...

Well I'm glad I got mine when I did.I did have one survey to do got all the way thru it to be told I didnt qualify.Then it went to the game-which wasnt working so until I hear they got things working I wont do anymore.BTW- I Hate outsourcing.Thks for the heads up.

I hate outsourcing too...and I called around 5 and got the msg they were gone for the day...gee, ya' think they could work a little later considering you brought the entire system down for thousands?????? woman even told me they had over 1,000 emails by 10 am..."No, no, you deserve it---go ahead and leave at 5 p.m."..You are very lucky....why don't they do things like this on weekends/late night? ah well...have a really nice night..

OK...get this...I cashed out for Paypal yesterday for about $50. I did 2 surveys today and now on the old format it still has my prior amount plus the amount of the 2 surveys I took today. If I cashed out now and asked for a check for $54, first of all, I wouldn't do that...it's unethical and they will catch it anyway. But what are they doing??? Gee whiz. My advice Tommy is wait...wait til Paypal is back and they fix this back to the new format. What do you think? They changed my password on the new format and I am afraid to log out...I may never get back in with my old password. Does anyone else see the wrong amount, money they already withdrew, on their total?

Hey cricket---yes, I agree--I already decided not to do the check option..Knowing my luck with survey sites it will get all screwed up...It was SO nice seeing the old format though...

Paypal never worked for me today so my amount is still the same....but the surveys are working fine....not a glitch...and they are being credited the correct amount...

I can't even log in anymore after the switchover, it says my username and password are incorrect, and if I request a new password it says my e-mail address isn't in the database. Yet I'm still getting surveys using the old format and supposedly getting credited. It's very confusing and disconcerting, has anyone else experienced this?

Hi ambulanceblues, glad you found your way here. I forgot now where I posted because there are several categories here..but yes, they told me my password was wrong on the new version. There were many dots that didn't even fit how many letters are in my password. So I clicked "forgot my password" to see what would happen and they sent me a new one. that was NOT my password before! Your case sounds worse, to be told you're not even in the database. I think we all have to wait it out, some reps say tomorrow, some say Monday. You can also call them, there is a number, try tomorrow if you want. As long as I don't lose credit for what I've done, I'll be okay with this. My points for today were added.

Once the new site was moved over my account was messed up and I am not able to get back on yet. They said it would take a week to fix, but still waiting. I had lots of points in the account, so I hope this is resolved soon. Anyone had this trouble and did you get back up on the new site?

I still can't log in to the new site, yet I'm also still getting lots of surveys under the old format. Yesterday I was able to cash out under the old format (i.e. no Paypal), today if I click on my account it brings me to the new homepage where I can't log back in. I have no idea what's going on anymore.

Beware, they are cancelling accounts in the old format, my account was cancelled because they say some accounts were not moved over in the initial batch because there were data concerns. They sent me this email:

Our sincerest apologies for the delayed response. Opinion Outpost has been experiencing a lot of technical problems due to the launching of the new site.

We appreciate all of the feedback we have received about the new Opinion Outpost site. We also have received a lot of questions. Hopefully you can find some of the answers here.

-After surveying our panel, the biggest request was to add the PayPal option. If you do not want to use PayPal, please remember there are still many other reward options, including Amazon.com, Citi Bank, Restaurant.com (US only), Alawar, and donate to the American Red Cross (US only).

-The survey reward structure is still the same. If you see surveys for 0 points those are actually profile questionnaires that will help you receive more surveys. The profile questionnaire numbers begin with an "S", if you want to verify this is the case. You will still receive a prize draw for completing each of them.

- You can still pick and choose the surveys you want to participate in, by choosing which surveys to join when you receive the email invitations. The Take a Survey link just holds a lot more surveys available to you, because we did not want to overload your email boxes.

-If you are not able to log in, please email helpdesk@opinionoutpost and we will look into your account. Some accounts were not moved over in the initial batch because there were data concerns we need to look into. The points and surveys are still there, it just may take some time to migrate all of them over to the new site.

-The Opinion Outpost staff is continually working to address all of your questions and they will be answered in the order they are received. We are constantly working to improve your membership experience and we assure you this will never change.

My account was never transitioned to the new website, and I received a repsonse email stating IF, a big IF, my account was reactivated, then all my rewards and surveys will be present. This looks bad, as I did nothing wrong and they are not even promising me that I will get all my rewards I had on the previous site. It looks like the surveyspot scam, how if you make 40 dollars in a month, they shut down your account and accuse you of something you never did.