Unionization, anyone?

opinionated1

That's a strong response for the phrase"Small gesture of thanks." I tend to agree with that too.

The survey companies aren't doing any favors.The actual survey taker gets only 20-30 % of it.

The survey hosting is not a part time business for these survey companies either.They live on it.Not the survey takers. A survey taker can always quit taking surveys if he/she thinks its not worth it. But these survey companies cannot.

I hate to beg around people and prove my honesty to give me that so called small gesture. they make you wait for weeks for that small gesture.

Why would somebody waste their personal time just to help the brands do their business better or a movie maker to make a better movie. This ain't community service.

If hundreds like you and me tell a brand like pizza hut that i m not going to buy their product which they are planning to launch, They wont launch it and would save millions.

If the survey companies dont offer that small gesture, i would rather spend my time with my family or doing community work to make the place around me better.

A survey taker can live happily without doing a survey but the other way around would wipe out their livelihood, so its important to respect a survey taker's time and dont treat paying them as a generous act.You are not being generous but its business. Nothing comes free in this world.

However,On the original topic,i still dont think a union makes any sense to the survey world.

Yes money is involved here but its only to make some when you have some free time.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• footfree

• avemaria

• ksedwar

• opinionated1

I know ya all didn't like Jessica response but I'm not sure if we understand her full meaning.Have you clicked on her name and read any of her other post?She doesn't seem to be for the survey companies in those discussions. I kind of understand that if you cant afford basic needs then why have internet but I wonder if the other statements were directed at us or in response in living in a homeless shelter?Something about her response seemed off to her normal responses.Not that I'm standing up for her I got the same reaction when I first read it.I just dont think we got her full meaning on this.But if we did read it correctly then how come your attitude towards survey companies has changed?

i didn't mean any offense to her.. but as to the survey companies offering me a token of appreciation for all of my work which earns them all of their money.. weren't slave owners the same way?

i didn't mean any offense to her.. but as to the survey companies offering me a token of appreciation for all of my work which earns them all of their money.. weren't slave owners the same way?

I'm sorry but I HAVE TO AGREE with avemaria.............................. 8)

If it wasn't for us they would have NO JOB....................... :?

The survey sites are like slum owners, they want their rent but not willing to upgrade....................... :evil:

I'm sorry but I HAVE TO AGREE with avemaria.............................. 8)

If it wasn't for us they would have NO JOB....................... :?

The survey sites are like slum owners, they want their rent but not willing to upgrade....................... :evil:

Not that I don't agree with you ,I would like her to come back and clarify her statement.Like was that a shot at us or was she trying to be sarcastic?Just trying to find out - like I said I read some of her other post and what she wrote ,this response seemed to be real different for her.

To me this issue is not whether the gesture is small or large (although it should be sufficient, IMO), or whether I need the money or not. Obviously most of us don't need the money -- that extra $3 or $4 a day isn't paying anyone's mortgage. The issue is that when a company says they will give you X amount of money as compensation for completing a survey, they should do it.

Not wait several months so you pretty much forget that you did the survey, say "Oops, you finished the survey too quickly," say you're disqualified after 10 minutes spent doing the survey, or any other number of reasons these survey companies give for not holding up their end up the bargain.

Can you imagine going to the grocery store and walking out with a few items, adding "I'll pay you for these in 2-3 weeks"?...Can you imagine waltzing out of salon without paying the stylist, saying, "Sorry, this style doesn't meet my standards" after the stylist has finished the hair?

This stuff seems basic yet some companies completely ignore this. In which case, I simply cash out and leave. Of course these survey companies need us much more than we need them -- they know very well few or no people are going to answer their 30 minute+, often boring, surveys for free.

To me this issue is not whether the gesture is small or large (although it should be sufficient, IMO), or whether I need the money or not. Obviously most of us don't need the money -- that extra $3 or $4 a day isn't paying anyone's mortgage. The issue is that when a company says they will give you X amount of money as compensation for completing a survey, they should do it.

Not wait several months so you pretty much forget that you did the survey, say "Oops, you finished the survey too quickly," say you're disqualified after 10 minutes spent doing the survey, or any other number of reasons these survey companies give for not holding up their end up the bargain.

Can you imagine going to the grocery store and walking out with a few items, adding "I'll pay you for these in 2-3 weeks"?...Can you imagine waltzing out of salon without paying the stylist, saying, "Sorry, this style doesn't meet my standards" after the stylist has finished the hair?

This stuff seems basic yet some companies completely ignore this. In which case, I simply cash out and leave. Of course these survey companies need us much more than we need them -- they know very well few or no people are going to answer their 30 minute+, often boring, surveys for free.

I agree with all the statements except the last one.How does that old saying go " "There's a sucker born every minute". Nobody is irreplaceable not even you me or the fat cat down the street.If more people demanded a better wage and stopped doing surveys for free we could make what we are owed.But as long as survey companies can pay what they are offering we are stuck with immoral money grubbers.Plus we can also blame survey takers who abuse the system and rip off survey companies.Honesty among all of us is what we need in order to be fair but I'm not sure that will happen.

I didn't mean myself specifically I meant: survey sites need survey takers, not the other way around.

I know they need us but for every one of us who wont do a 30 minute survey for free there will be someone who will.Why?Because they believe it will lead to paying ones.Once they realize it's not so they come here to complain.Survey companies don't do anything out of the kindness of their hearts even if us the survey takers want to believe they have morals.It's something I've learned.Plus it sounds like something you know about also.

sure suckers are born every minute and take the lower paying surveys.. but the companies (not so much the survey companies as do they care?.. but their clients wanting the data) need to realize the data is not going to be as good coming from people who know they're being ripped off.