Anybody do Mindfield online?

NFriday

OK, first of all, I was in the forum, all signed in, and then I wasn't. Did not log out. But was really ridiculous was I decided to severe my relationship with Mindfield. I had $6.50 and apparently they will only send me $6. So I lost .50 on the deal. I had to sign in several times with passwords and phone numbers and then 2 security questions popped up which are apparently case sensitive. After going through the whole mess 4 times, I gave up and then whammo! I got a screen to get my money!!! A whole shopping $6!! Hope that doesn't break the bank. And now I will wait to get my money and sign off of Mindfield forever!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NFriday

• 1957horses

• rosiesmom

• footfree

OK, first of all, I was in the forum, all signed in, and then I wasn't. Did not log out. But was really ridiculous was I decided to severe my relationship with Mindfield. I had $6.50 and apparently they will only send me $6. So I lost .50 on the deal. I had to sign in several times with passwords and phone numbers and then 2 security questions popped up which are apparently case sensitive. After going through the whole mess 4 times, I gave up and then whammo! I got a screen to get my money!!! A whole shopping $6!! Hope that doesn't break the bank. And now I will wait to get my money and sign off of Mindfield forever!

You know, I think you might see that extra 50 cents pop up in your PayPal (if you requested a PayPal)! I have only cashed out 2 or 3 times with Mindfield in the last 1 year and 3 months (because they are holding the rest of my earned money hostage :x ), and each time I had that pesky 50 cents after the decimal point.

During the cash out process it appears that you can only round off to $6 or whatever, and not get the full $6.50 -- but, when it actually appears in PayPal the full amount you earned should be there. That's what happened to me on the two most recent occasions I was able to cash out!

Hi- I already had two 26 load bottles of tide that I still have not used yet. I do elder care, and for awhile I was doing a three day live in every week, and so I was doing the majority of my laundry at the clients house too. When I was in Jewel over a month ago, they were handing out free samples of tide too. I still have enough tide to last me for at least another six months, and I have not bought any for over a year and a half. It would have been nice to have gotten the detergent survey to fill out, so I would have gotten paid, but I am not complaining. Thanks, Nancy

You know on the black market Tide is paying very well.At least last year it was .Cant believe people were stealing Tide off the shelves.Off subject but it reminded me of the news story.

I get all kinds of invites from then, but the payment is lousy for the time involved. I am not sure I have enough to cash out, but I think I will try. And be done with them. Also going to give USA Talk the boot as well.

You can cash out for a $1.00 for amazon................ 8)

They wouldn't let me do that. I had to take an Amazon for the most of the whole amount in my account, which is good because I am as good as gone with them.

They wouldn't let me do that

I wonder why you can't. I did that a few weeks ago, $1.00 amazon............... :|

Not sure, but they may be afraid of you. LOL! :lol: My cash out was $5 minimum. I will sign off of my account when I see the Amazon code, that should be in 2015 from what everyone is saying.

• 1 month later...

Hi- I have been sitting at $20.50 forever. I finally decided to check my account to see how many surveys I have pending. I just found that I have $13.00 pending with some surveys from May still pending. Would it do me any good to email them about the ones that have been pending for five months? I have been with them for two years, and that is all I have made in all that time. From what I understand if I decide to cash out the $20.50, I will just get $20 of it. Once you request an Amazon GC, how long does it take to get one. Do they do it electronically? Thanks, Nancy

Would it do me any good to email them about the ones that have been pending for five months?

I tried that and they told me I have to wait until the survey is closed out. 3,4 or 5 months is a long time for a survey to be active so they must work with a long term research window.

Cash out is very confusing also. They say $20 (I think) but I was always able to cash out anything from $5 and up. My last cash out (February 2014) was for $9 PayPal. And I do mean my last Mindfield cash out. I put up with SurveySavvy taking forever to clear surveys and send the payment but I actually do pretty good with them. ACOP's forever wait is frustrating but I do good with them also.

I would rather go make money doing Swagbucks tasks then put up with Mindfield. Waiting almost a year to make and then cash out $9 isn't worth the worry.

I really should get off my duff and post an actual review for Mindfield (as well as several other sites)...

I suppose for now some contextual perspective for the forum-goers will suffice.

I joined Mindfield about 5 years ago. Sometime during that period, I'd fallen off from doing surveys everywhere. A few months ago, I decided I'd revisit sites I'd joined to see if they were still active. Mindfield was one such site. To my surprise, not only did I still have an active account with them, but I'd also apparently had about 3.00 in surveys approved from whenever I started with them. Who knows how long it took for them to come out of Pending status, though...?

Oh, well. Accounts not getting locked for inactivity and rewards not expiring. At this point in time, I believe I have about $19.00 in pending since I resumed activity with them. In terms of successful survey completion I've done fairly well with them, and I have managed to cash out once for 6.75 (their cashout threshold is $5.00). What's more; the money was in my Paypal in less than a week. Five pluses for Mindfield. Now here come the minuses.

That wait time. Oh, man... as ksedwar said, ACOP may be slow, but they never make you despair over whether you'll ever see your points properly clear. At most, they have a 2-week pending period for point approval. Not so with Mindfield. Mindfield can keep cash in pending indefinitely, hiding behind the flimsy argument that "It depends on when the companies who submitted the surveys close them and approve the data," which for the fluent in survey-ese translates to "When we say so." The wait times wouldn't be so bad if there was a definite timeframe for pending, but there's not. At present, only one of my surveys outside of the ones I completed from five years ago has ever been approved, and it wasn't even the oldest one I did this year (there are older surveys I completed that are still in limbo, further cementing the unreliability of the pending system with mindfield).

That's right, only one survey I've completed since I resumed with them has cleared. There were three global surveys I got compensated for (completed them but got the "unfortunately..." message), and just like with Mintvine, compensated points are approved instantly. The three surveys I completed were 50, 75, and 50 cents respectively, bringing my balance to the teasing 4.75. The survey that cleared was a 2 dollar survey, so even with all of my compensation the earliest I would have been able to cash out is at the time that survey cleared. They do not let you decide how much of your cash you withdraw. Whatever has been approved is automatically deducted when you decide to redeem. This means that instead of cashing out for 5 dollars and saving that 1.75 for when another 3.25 clears, I have to wait for another 5 dollars to clear before I can redeem again. In short, the only reason I was able to redeem in the first place is because of work I forgot about from 5 years ago.

Since, then, I've adopted several policies with Mindfield.

1) I only do premiere surveys. Global surveys are never worth it. Ever. This means that I rarely have to worry about the site at all and can instead focus on much better sites, all the while only having to dedicate small amounts of time to taking surveys with Mindfield since premiere surveys are relatively infrequent but usually successful if you qualify.

2) I'm not going to flip a table. The points will clear when they clear. If I complete a premiere survey in that time, wonderful. It'll just add to the tally that sits under my eventuality clause. While the pending issue is a huge buzz kill, the premiere surveys I've completed are all pretty interesting. I've even gotten a three-part survey with two of the parts being food product tests, each part rewarding at least 2.00. Hopefully that won't be subject to the pending bs when I take the final part.

I haven't been doing them for around 6 months now, still getting surveys multiple times a day from them. I don't even try anymore.

I emailed them.................... :wink:

Hello Mind,

I am not going to do any more surveys till this one done over 3 months ago is paid.

201413070 Completed Survey 2014.07.08 7:41pm 2014.07.08 7:53pm $5.00 Pending

It is ridiculous holding our payment that long.

Would you work for someone who withheld your paycheck over 3 months??

I don't want to hear your canned excuses. There is NO OTHER SURVEY SITE that withholds payment over 2-3 months.

I used to do your survey quit often, not any more.

Signed unhappy

Write down the company who asked the survey to be done.Tell Mindfield if they don't want to pay you may have to let them know what is going on.Last time I emailed them it was about doing a survey with Sam's that hadn't been credited in time .I'm on the their Sam's panel they credited me immediately.Not sure if it had to do with that or not.

Write down the company who asked the survey to be done.Tell mindfield if they don't want to pay you may have to let them know what is going on.Last time I emailed them it was about doing a survey with Sam's that hadn't been credited in time .I'm on the their Sam's panel they credited me immediately.Not sure if it had to do with that or not.

I don't remember, here is the invite................. :|

=================================================================================

The following study is available for you from Mindfield Online.

Participation Link: Study #201413070

Expected Length: 20 - 25 minutes

Respondent ID: 4778016

Should you qualify for and complete all study requirements your account will be credited $5.00 within 10-14 days once the total quota has been met for this study.

This study is offered on a first to complete basis...so don't delay!

Now available! - Your Personal Survey Cloud